Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don't honestly see anything in this interview to suggest they're lying and I have no shame in saying so.

You can't judge them on their demenour, everyone reacts to these kinds of situations differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

deco nate wrote: »
    i think they were readin boards before they went on the late late show:pac:

Took the words from my mouth! Read this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

"What do you say to those people?"

"Read the book."

I think I'm going to puke.

Omg they didnt really say that did they? just watching it now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Ryan: "There are people that think you have something to do with the disappearance, what do you say to them???£

Gerry: "Read the book".

FFS....this is just weird. Not a typical reaction. His first concern should be Madeline not the F***** book. Did anyone see the recent documentary about James Bulger. His mother Denise was so much more real, so much more genuiene, so much more believeable.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tubs defo reads boards. why cant he interview like this more often. ****ing talking to quadruplets earlier on. wtf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

shes moved on??? ARGH!!!

ps

didnt they disprove that nobody cudda opened the shutter and the moss wasnt disturbed on the windowsill etc etc .....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

The book isn't even a hard back! Pffft :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't honestly see anything in this interview to suggest they're lying and I have no shame in saying so.

You can't judge them on their demenour, everyone reacts to these kinds of situations differently.

You're right.. all judgements should be made after reading the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Ryan: "There are people that think you have something to do with the disappearance, what do you say to them???£

Gerry: "Read the book".

FFS....this is just weird. Not a typical reaction. His first concern should be Madeline not the F***** book. Did anyone see the recent documentary about James Bulger. His mother Denise was so much more real, so much more genuiene, so much more believeable.....

well the book is about madeline........:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am really disturbed by that interview. I had hoped in my heart that they had nothing to do with it but now am not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

PinkFly wrote: »
    shes moved on??? ARGH!!!

From where she was when Madeleine first went missing. That does not mean she's over it, I doubt she ever will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

I feel so bad for poor Madeline, more today than ever.

Who is to say what really happened that day? This is what makes me sad, Maddie will never rest in peace until we know for definate what happened to the poor girl.

I ament a shrink, but I never trusted Gerry for some reason. However, for all I know this guy, both of them, could be 100% innocent. And if so, I wish them strength and hope in their search.

If they DID have something to do with her disappearance, (and I sincerely hope and pray that they didnt), I hope they get their just desserts and that they are severely punished for their manipulation and grooming of the media for their own benefit.

However, most importantly, as a mother myself, I really just hope this girl rests in peace (if she is deceased) and if not, that she is in peace or loved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The pair of them had chance to address the tough questions about them being suspects etc.Half he country was watching and if they said something significant it would have been picked up by british media etc......but they answered with "read the book."

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I don't think that interview will have done much to change people's minds either way.

I still believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance and come across as pretty genuine to me. If their answers seemed rehearsed, I suspect that's because they have answered these same questions many times before.

I really hope they are right and that Madeleine is found alive and well - sadly, I don't think they will get the happy ending they are hoping against hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

PinkFly wrote: »
    shes moved on??? ARGH!!!

ps

didnt they disprove that nobody cudda opened the shutter and the moss wasnt disturbed on the windowsill etc etc .....:confused:

They proved that it couldn't have been opened from the outside, and tampered with/broken into as the earlier reports said.
    I think Kate is saying now that it was opened from the inside.
    I think a poster earlier said that an abductor might have done this to give them an option of another escape route incase someone came in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What did he say there a minute ago about the police? Something about the local police logging a call after 10, but that it was near midnight before the judicial police were informed?
    That could explain the 2 hour gap of the phone records?
    That was confusing me earlier.

A few people have said that wasn't the case, the call wasn't logged by the police or the hotel until 11.50 and the McCann's never raised the response time as an issue.

Would be interesting to see if the McCann's raised this as an issue before.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

cosanostra wrote: »
    How come you never noticed when Tubridy asked her what book did you read her kate said the name of the book and then said it IS her favorite book

I didn't to be honest!!! I'm not sure about Kate but Gerry is unreal....seems to be smirking, detached etc. I know we all react in different ways to situation but my gut tells me they are hiding something. As I said, I would love nothing more than to be wrong but I find them suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

SO what do you all think about them now
    check out the LLS thread and look at the posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056267173

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

df1985 wrote: »
    The pair of them had chance to address the tough questions about them being suspects etc.Half he country was watching and if they said something significant it would have been picked up by british media etc......but they answered with "read the book."

Unbelievable.

What exactly do you believe they should have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Kudos to Tubridy for asking the questions he did and I think he done an excellent job, he asked the questions and let them answer but didn't push, which I think was appropriate in this situation.

Seems the saying "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves" has prevailed.

Maybe I've been swayed by the theories put forward on this thread and the reading up on it I've done but after watching that interview I sure think something is a miss, especially with Gerry. She seemed pretty sincere in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

mconigol wrote: »

Nothing they said would have changed the cynic's minds, imo.

Besides, Ryan cut them off before they could say anything else. The last few questions were cut short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

mconigol wrote: »

Something heartfelt, something genuine.....not, go out and buy our book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I don't think that interview will have done much to change people's minds either way.

I still believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance and come across as pretty genuine to me. If their answers seemed rehearsed, I suspect that's because they have answered these same questions many times before.

I really hope they are right and that Madeleine is found alive and well - sadly, I don't think they will get the happy ending they are hoping against hope for.

I agree with you. I am not ashamed to say so. I hope the review that David Cameron announced will help. Sorry that I got the terminology wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Sound Bite wrote: »
    I would love to be wrong but this is just so strange and they both come across as so fake.

There is something so contrived about this interview and alot of their other interviews.

They appear detached, speak about her in the past tense, appear so cold and for reasons I cannot understand alot of what they are saying doesn't seem to ring true.

That poor child whatever happened her.

Yep. The mot juste, sir.

They also seem more interested in exonerating themselves, and how they are being perceived than anything else. It's as if they had been accused of being involved in the disappearance of somebody else's child rather than their own. I don't believe in gut feelings but something just seems "off". They just seem unnatural when they try to come across as "caring". If they're not caring people they'd be better off just being that, rather than trying to come across as something they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

K-9 wrote: »
    A few people have said that wasn't the case, the call wasn't logged by the police or the hotel until 11.50 and the McCann's never raised the response time as an issue.

Would be interesting to see if the McCann's raised this as an issue before.

Yep the official report of the case states that the very first call received by the police was at 23:50 and that the phone records of the hotel along with that of the emergency services number both support that.

In the book released today Kate claimed that they had called the police within ten minutes of finding the child missing, but did Gerry not claim there that they called the police at 22:40?

He also said that the police took nearly an houir to show up, yet the cctv footage at the hotel showed the police arriving approx ten minutes after the time logged in the hotel phone records and the police records for the first call to the police.

There was also a mention of Matthew Oldfield checking on the kids before Kate did, yet in Oldfield's own statement to the police he says that he only looked in through the window and only saw the twins there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Important questions Tubridy didn't ask-

who is minding the twins tonight, are they on their own, again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if the mcans had something to do with madeline's dissapearence like ,accidently kill her ,sell her,murder her, do ya not think at this stage they would do there best to stay out of the limelight and not draw attention to themselves, they act weird,dont give the best interview,draw attention to themselves and the case with this book and raft of tv interviews...

im not saying they didnt do anything or that they did, im just saying its ann odd way to act if your guilty...like goin on tv all the time isnt going to let them just get away with it if they are responsible..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

df1985 wrote: »
    Something heartfelt, something genuine.....not, go out and buy our book.

They want people to read the book to hear their story. Of course they are going to say read the book.

What good would saying something supposedly "heartfelt and genuine" do? Apart from give a few people a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside and give a few others some other way to find fault. I guarantee no matter what they said there would be people out there to find issue with it.
    Nothing they said would have changed the cynic's minds, imo.

Besides, Ryan cut them off before they could say anything else. The last few questions were cut short.

I agree Tubridy did cut them off near the end there when it seemed like they were willing to continue discussing all the acquisitions thrown at them. Probably trying to show a bit of decency and humanity although it is a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yeah but a couple of days ago I told you that I live in NYC and you believed me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

I actually changed my mind about kate after that interview, she seems quite genuine. Gerry seems weird and didnt let kate get a word in edgeways. dont know if that indicates guilt or if hes just an ass.

i think the whole 'read the book' is just a kick in the face to any parents of missing children who would love to have a chance to talk about their child instead of trying to sell their book.

i hope the poor girl is found soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement