Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Yakult wrote: »
    Jeez, the one night they leave the kids on their for 2 hours and the oldest is "kidnapped"...
    Coincidence? Im not so sure. But Im not sure the parents did it either. Who knows but only them.

Im not 100% on the details but If the child was kidnapped he/she was playing a dangerous game by doing so.

How did the kidnapper know what room they were in?

How did he/she know if they were alone or not?

How did he/she get into said apartment? Was their evidence of forced entry?

How did he/she avoid every cctv in the area?

*If theirs answers for all of these I'd be interested in reading them.

working on the mccanns are innocent theory:

by watching them nightly- apartment was adjacent to a street, not as gerry said adjacent to their tapas bar.

Door was left unlocked on purpose.
    feck all cctv afaik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yep, you're right.

Still beggars the question, though, if such a service exists in these resorts, there must surely be a demand for them?
    true,but for the most part its hotels,not open aparment blocks.
    and there was babysitters that they could have hired,but didnt.
    why not?and then to leave the front door unlocked??
    maddness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

dozydora wrote: »
    You know, all of you people who condemn these people make me puke. I will bet 95% of you don't have kids. It is very easy to sit there and pontificate. From someone who lost a child I know that if I thought there was any way whatsoever I could bring my child back I would do anything. And yes I mean anything, regardless of how crazy or humiliating it might be for me. There are no rules for how you are supposed to behave when you lose a child. I said and did crazy things and so did my two children when my son died in a tragic accident. I can even remember going in to buy a lipstick and this was while I waited for my sons body to be repatriated. How crazy is that? Everybody thinks they know how you feel. Well let me tell you, the only people who know are the people who have been there. I pray that none of you ever have to experience it to prove me right. I regard myself as lucky compared to the McCanns. And let me tell you something else, these people are only still on this earth because they have two other children to take care of and also to be there if their child is ever found. They don't have the option of suicide. Unfortunately having said all of this I believe that Maddie is most likely dead but like the McCanns I too would never give up if I thought there was the minutest chance that she was still alive.
    So to all of you 'holier than thou'hypocrates I say, you should keep a copy of what you have written and in years to come when you have your own children you should read it. I wonder what your opinion will be then? And to those of you who have children I say let him without sin cast the first stone.

The "you don't have kids" line again...

Genuinely sorry to hear you lost a child.

You say a parent would do anything to bring back a child. Would you answer the same questions again and again? Do reconstruction after reconstruction? Lie detector test? Send a letter to have your case reopened?

Never mind, would you do this, moreso, why would you not do this?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Nobody is defending them leaving the kids alone ...what I am saying is that hindsight is a great and fairly useless thing. We all assess if given situations are safe as the McCanns doubtless did too. They got it wrong...why? Because evil was watching and evil won.
    Now, do you want me to damm these pitiful people to a pointless hell (as the one they are obviously in seems infinitely worse) for a moment of irresponsibility???? Have some bog standard humanity, there but for the grace of God go us all!

had kate and gerry had some bog standard humanity,and common sense we wouldn't be having this discussion.

What they did was inhuman.

I must've asked over a 100 people of all religions,sexes,and family disposition.. not one of them would do,or have done what the mccanns did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

lugha wrote: »
    You can certainly argue that. But if a predator decides to stalk a family and deliberately targets one of their children (thankfully a monumentally rare occurrence) then even the most responsible of parents can do very little to stop it. It can and has happened. This of course terrifies any parent and IMO, they "deal with it" by convincing themselves that this tragedy could not have happened had the McCanns being more responsible.
    A run of the mill cat burglar can easily get into many houses where the children are asleep upstairs and the parents oblivious downstairs. It rarely happens because it rarely happens. Not because parents can fully protect their children from such risks.

Well said...a fox attacked children in their bedroom after getting by the parents recently...should they be thrown in jail for neglect?

'They SHOULD have been with the kids! They should have known the fox was lurking...etc etc etc etc....Joe Duffys ear must have been hot! :)

• Advertisement

Yep, you're right.

Still beggars the question, though, if such a service exists in these resorts, there must surely be a demand for them?

yes for teens.. not infants

c'mon DC ye're talking in circles here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Well said...a fox attacked children in their bedroom after getting by the parents recently...should they be thrown in jail for neglect?

'They SHOULD have been with the kids! They should have known the fox was lurking...etc etc etc etc....Joe Duffys ear must have been hot! :)
    Were the parents out boozing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Do you really fail to see the difference between the above post and the McCann case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

lugha wrote: »
    You can certainly argue that. But if a predator decides to stalk a family and deliberately targets one of their children (thankfully a monumentally rare occurrence) then even the most responsible of parents can do very little to stop it. It can and has happened. This of course terrifies any parent and IMO, they "deal with it" by convincing themselves that this tragedy could not have happened had the McCanns being more responsible.
    A run of the mill cat burglar can easily get into many houses where the children are asleep upstairs and the parents oblivious downstairs. It rarely happens because it rarely happens. Not because parents can fully protect their children from such risks.

If they were on the beach and she went missing I would understand and feel sympathy for them. The fact they left the kids alone while they were in the pub is what I will never understand. Considering they were in a large group surely the could rotate the baby sitting.

I'm sorry but they are selfish and put themselves before their kids safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dozydora wrote: »
    You know, all of you people who condemn these people make me puke. I will bet 95% of you don't have kids. It is very easy to sit there and pontificate. From someone who lost a child I know that if I thought there was any way whatsoever I could bring my child back I would do anything. And yes I mean anything, regardless of how crazy or humiliating it might be for me. There are no rules for how you are supposed to behave when you lose a child. I said and did crazy things and so did my two children when my son died in a tragic accident. I can even remember going in to buy a lipstick and this was while I waited for my sons body to be repatriated. How crazy is that? Everybody thinks they know how you feel. Well let me tell you, the only people who know are the people who have been there. I pray that none of you ever have to experience it to prove me right. I regard myself as lucky compared to the McCanns. And let me tell you something else, these people are only still on this earth because they have two other children to take care of and also to be there if their child is ever found. They don't have the option of suicide. Unfortunately having said all of this I believe that Maddie is most likely dead but like the McCanns I too would never give up if I thought there was the minutest chance that she was still alive.
    So to all of you 'holier than thou'hypocrates I say, you should keep a copy of what you have written and in years to come when you have your own children you should read it. I wonder what your opinion will be then? And to those of you who have children I say let him without sin cast the first stone.

I'm extremely sorry for your loss but it is extremely unfair on a parent like myself to use emotional blackmail like that.

The McCanns used IVF, too treat Madeline like they did is terrible, I wouldn't use that emotional line either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

if you cant see why the mccanns were wrong then theres no point in debating with you. do yourself a favour and read over your posts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

mconigol wrote: »
    It is all speculation yes. If there was any concrete evidence they would have been charged by now.

What would you call it?

Well there's not much other evidence for an abducted child apart from the actual child vanishing into thin air. I'm talking about in cases where a kid is just snatched.

Clearly you think all criminals leave a trail of breadcrumbs from the scene of the crime, at the other end of which is sat the criminal under a big neon sign saying VILLAIN, with a big flashing arrow pointing at him. Upon discovery said criminal jumps up pronouncing HERE I AM whilst proceeding to do jazz hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

thebullkf wrote: »
    i know what your saying,and agree, i'm just flabberghasted that they would leave such young children alone.:(:(

if i was at that table, i couldn't enjoy meself, i'd babysit for them.:o

in fact when we go away with other couples,its what we do. we rotate nights out for parents, one couple stays in, all kids sleepover in the one apartment/villa.

and these kids range in ages from 3-10 year olds (on last holiday)

Yeah, I don't holiday abroad or in hotels with my children, simply because I wouldn't be able to have a meal or drink in peace with them!

Villas or holiday homes seem way easier if you do have kids with you alright.

still ignoring questions happyman eh? and throwing in wild unrelated stories to boot.

The mccanns planned their night out knowing they were leaving three small children alone. There is no similarities in these two cases. It's not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

It's not evidence per se, but the Smith Family's encounter with a man carrying a small girl, and the fact that that man has not come forward, would lend credence to the abduction theory.

That's be Martin Smith who later insists the man he saw was Gerry Mccann? The very Martin Smith the Mccanns fail to ever mention? That witness?

Nice own goal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

yes for teens.. not infants

c'mon DC ye're talking in circles here;)

Do teens usually cry in their rooms?? I thought that was what these listeners were for...

Is there an age limit for the kids they listen for?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

well thats a bit different.

for some reason i would sympathise with them more had they been in the villa when she was taken, and not on the p!ss at dinner with their friends.

i think the majority of this thread are in agreement that somethins fishy about this whole thing. one way or another, whether they killed her or whether she was abducted, they are to blame.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Were the parents out boozing?

A meal and a few drinks is not 'boozing' imo unless you are a puritanical fundamentalist. And if you were you would hardly be heading to a resort in Spain on your hols would you?
    Assessing a situation and it's dangers for your children is not irresponsible imo. Parents do it day in day out (as the McCanns had been doing for the 3 yrs and for 3 children quite adequately up to that night) and 99.9% of the time it works out fine.
    Unfortunetly that .1% when it goes pearshaped has meant tragedy for a lot more than the McCanns. Live and let live and stop being judgemental, it gets nowhere fast.

Do teens usually cry in their rooms?? I thought that was what these listeners were for...

Is there an age limit for the kids they listen for?

if you don't know any facts about the case, why not read up on them before posting:confused:

or are you deliberately trying to troll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nobody is defending them leaving the kids alone ...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Happyman42
    'They SHOULD have been with the kids! They should have known the fox was lurking...etc etc etc etc....Joe Duffys ear must have been hot!
    Parents do it day in day out (as the McCanns had been doing for the 3 yrs and for 3 children quite adequately up to that night) and 99.9% of the time it works out fine.
    Unfortunetly that .1% when it goes pearshaped has meant tragedy for a lot more than the McCanns. Live and let live and stop being judgemental, it gets nowhere fast.

Now I am just confused :confused:

I thought nobody was defending them leaving the kids alone? but now it appears....that you are..... its all a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

A meal and a few drinks is not 'boozing' imo unless you are a puritanical fundamentalist. And if you were you would hardly be heading to a resort in Spain on your hols would you?
    Point still stands. They were out enjoying themselves.

Not to mention that the example you gave is hardly comparable.

Assessing a situation and it's dangers for your children is not irresponsible imo. Parents do it day in day out (as the McCanns had been doing for the 3 yrs and for 3 children quite adequately up to that night) and 99.9% of the time it works out fine.

its portugal.

you obviously do it:rolleyes:

nuff said.

still ignoring questions happyman eh? and throwing in wild unrelated stories to boot.

What questions?

You want the McCanns done for Neglect, they left their kids alone.
    These people left their child alone, the child was attacked because a fox got through an open door. What is that if it's not neglect?

Unlucky maybe?????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What questions?

These people left their child alone, the child was attacked because a fox got through an open door. What is that if it's not neglect?

Unlucky maybe?????

Whooshhhhh!!!!!!!!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

What questions?

Unlucky maybe?????

you are not been fair, these parents were not negligent. The mccanns were. They went out every night and left their children alone.

What questions?

Unlucky maybe?????

are you drunk?

these questions:
    i assume your door was locked, you know everybody in your street,and you didn't do it 4 nights in a row?

i also assume that the only viable entry/exit was directly by you.

this isn't someone having a house party/gathering and a child been stolen, this is wilfiull neglect. I'm amazed you can't see this, though i'm also amazed i'm replying to this as i've asked you 5 questions,and you declined to answer any.
    oh well.

have you ever done it?

if they're idiots,how should they know better:confused:

have you read this whole thread:confused:

do you honestly believe the mcCanns have nothing to do with their daughters disappearance:confused:

unlucky??....sweet jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

What questions?

Unlucky maybe?????

Answer this question (for the second time of asking):

Do you fail to see the difference between the McCann case and your fox story?

its portugal.

you obviously do it:rolleyes:

nuff said.

The jury lynchmob has decided. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

What questions?

Unlucky maybe?????

The fox got into the bedroom through the window. It was a freak event. The parents were downstairs and the mother walked in while the fox was there. In the end the kids are ok.
    BECAUSE THE PARENTS WERE NEARBY.

If the parents were neglecting the kids, she wouldn't have walked in and stopped the fox. She would have returned from the pub and perhaps the kid would have been dead. but because she WAS THERE the fox was scared away.

If you substitute paedo for fox you might be able to comprehend where the mccanns failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement