Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The jury lynchmob has decided. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

considering you didn't know what COUNTRY it happened in....

Pathetic.

goodnight all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Twink made a good point on the VB show tonight. If they were in any way complicate the McCanns would have faded into the background by now.

They were negligent - that's indisputable, amatuerish in trying to use the media, but I have no doubt that the whole affair is destroying them molecule by molecule

Im very torn between having enormous sympathy for these people and being angry at them for being selfish ****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

thebullkf wrote: »
    if you don't know any facts about the case, why not read up on them before posting:confused:

or are you deliberately trying to troll?

I think I've posted enough on this thread not to be accused of trolling or not knowing about the case.

I was asking a genuine question I wasn't sure about - no need for the trolling accusations :confused:

Anyway, it seems the listening service was indeed for babies, not teens:

http://www.holidaywithbaby.com/pages/needtoknow/childSafety.php

Staying at a child-centered resort with a range of child care options: It may not seem like it given recent events, but holidays like Mark Warner and other family friendly resorts provide a safe option. Most offer either babysitting, night creche or baby listening facilities.

Perhaps you should read up on the facts before posting and accusing others of trolling...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

D1stant wrote: »
    I have no doubt that the whole affair is destroying them molecule by molecule

Im very torn between having enormous sympathy for these people and being angry at them for being selfish ****

couldn't have put it better myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

yet another 100+ pages inspired by a missing little girl, if only someone thought of looking for her instead of sitting on their ar$es looking for someone to blame.
    internet+argument.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The fox got into the bedroom through the window. It was a freak event. The parents were downstairs and the mother walked in while the fox was there. In the end the kids are ok.
    BECAUSE THE PARENTS WERE NEARBY.

If the parents were neglecting the kids, she wouldn't have walked in and stopped the fox. She would have returned from the pub and perhaps the kid would have been dead. but because she WAS THERE the fox was scared away.

If you substitute paedo for fox you might be able to comprehend where the mccanns failed.

He/she surely isn't going to argue this?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

are you drunk?

these questions:

unlucky??....sweet jesus

what is your obsession with what I have done? Are you going to sit in judgement on me too????

In answer to your McCann questions I say it again:rolleyes: It wasn't 'wilful neglect' it was a mistake.
    And No I don't think they have anything to do with the disappearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

some people are just morons and cant see past thier keyboards.
    or read post that add to the arguments,and just keep postin
    bs without takin what is said to them.
    onboard,that or they are just trolllin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Twink made a good point on the VB show tonight. If they were in any way complicate the McCanns would have faded into the background by now

Well the counter argument which has been raised previously is:

By continuing to court the attention, they are doing more to persuade the public of their innocence, because a lot of people would be of Twink's opinion.

And if the case ever goes to trial with them as defendants, there would no doubt be calls for a mistrial on grounds of prejudice against them given they're in the public eye so much and they'd no doubt be acquitted.

considering you didn't know what COUNTRY it happened in....

Pathetic.

goodnight all.

I'm being hung for a typo? Glad I don't live with you as partner or child! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    However, if the case ever goes to trial with them as defendants, there would no doubt be calls for a mistrial on grounds of prejudice against them given they're in the public eye so much.
    This.

I've had this theory for a while now. It would be quite easy for them to claim that they wouldn't be able to receive a fair trial.

Just look at this thread for Christ's sake.:pac:
    I'm being hung for a typo? Glad I don't live with you as partner or child!
    If you were his child, you can be sure that he wouldn't head out for a night and leave you on your own.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The fox got into the bedroom through the window. It was a freak event. The parents were downstairs and the mother walked in while the fox was there. In the end the kids are ok.
    BECAUSE THE PARENTS WERE NEARBY.

If the parents were neglecting the kids, she wouldn't have walked in and stopped the fox. She would have returned from the pub and perhaps the kid would have been dead. but because she WAS THERE the fox was scared away.

If you substitute paedo for fox you might be able to comprehend where the mccanns failed.

Fair point, I didn't use a great example ...but judging the way you have taken my example apart I think you know the point I was trying to make.

Bad judgement of a situation is not wilful neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Twink made a good point on the VB show tonight. If they were in any way complicate the McCanns would have faded into the background by now.

Not a good point to be honest . I am being serious .

what is your obsession with what I have done? Are you going to sit in judgement on me too????

In answer to your McCann questions I say it again:rolleyes: It wasn't 'wilful neglect' it was a mistake.
    And No I don't think they have anything to do with the disappearance.

Mistake? They did it on more than one occasion. They didn't even think twice about doing again after (some had heard) Madeline asking why they didn't come when they were crying so long previously. For an hour and a quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

hondasam wrote: »
    If they were on the beach and she went missing I would understand and feel sympathy for them. The fact they left the kids alone while they were in the pub is what I will never understand. Considering they were in a large group surely the could rotate the baby sitting.
    Again I would say that if a predator decides to target one of your children it is all but impossible to completely protect them. Parents might sit (and drink!) in a downstairs living room while their children sleep upstairs and delude themselves into thinking that their children are completely safe from such sinister threats.

Someone could break and enter and snatch your child, perhaps not quite as easily as they might snatch your valuables, but it is certainly doable.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Just look at this thread for Christ's sake.:pac:

:pac:

lugha wrote: »
    Someone could break and enter and snatch your child, perhaps not quite as easily as they might snatch your valuables, but it is certainly doable.
    Of course they could. But that doesn't mean that you should just say, "Sod it, there's no point looking after them 'cos if someone really wants to take them, they will. Let's go out and leave them on their own.", does it?

Well the counter argument which has been raised previously is:

By continuing to court the attention, they are doing more to persuade the public of their innocence, because a lot of people would be of Twink's opinion.

Sorry thats way too Jim Corr for me

Mistake? They did it on more than one occasion. They didn't even think twice about doing again after (some had heard) Madeline asking why they didn't come when they were crying so long previously. For an hour and a quarter.

My eldest child cried in the night for almost two years. Many many times he told us what his dreams where, did we react everytime he told us about the shapes he could see on the wall....no.
    What is wrong and judgemental is that you are applying the 'wisdom of hindsight' to the events that led up to a tragic event. That is wrong headed lazy and extremely unfair imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Bad judgement of a situation is not wilful neglect.

true but neglect doesnt have to be wilful. as was said earlier in the thread being as a parent its your job to be responsible, its what being a parent is. You can keep trying to defend their actions but honestly they can't be defended.
    I do feel sympathy for them, but I can't defend their choice to leave the kids on their own.

Anyhow I won't argue with you anymore dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

I think I've posted enough on this thread not to be accused of trolling or not knowing about the case.

I was asking a genuine question I wasn't sure about - no need for the trolling accusations :confused:

Anyway, it seems the listening service was indeed for babies, not teens:

http://www.holidaywithbaby.com/pages/needtoknow/childSafety.php

Perhaps you should read up on the facts before posting and accusing others of trolling...?

didn't take you long to answer your own question now did it?

wil wrote: »
    yet another 100+ pages inspired by a missing little girl, if only someone thought of looking for her instead of sitting on their ar$es looking for someone to blame.
    internet+argument.jpg

Why weren't you doing any detective work instead of reading and 'contributing' to the thread?

Shame on us for finding this case intriguing.

Jog on. You're out of your depth.

Stella89 wrote: »
    Not a good point to be honest . I am being serious .

Can you elaborate? It makes a lot of sense to me

Sorry thats way too Jim Corr for me

Convenient how you left out the second part of that post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

lugha wrote: »
    Again I would say that if a predator decides to target one of your children it is all but impossible to completely protect them. Parents might sit (and drink!) in a downstairs living room while their children sleep upstairs and delude themselves into thinking that their children are completely safe from such sinister threats.

what you say could happen but it would not make the parents negligent.

At the end of the day we all have our own thoughts on what happened. No one knows for sure what happened to Madeline.

No one ever said being a parent is easy but the least any parent should do is protect their children. In my opinion that means not going to the pub and leaving them alone.

for the record the other parents in the group were just as negligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

didn't take you long to answer your own question now did it?

Or you to answer a perfectly genuine query incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

just watchin tlls again and gerry said they didnt know the number for
    the police,999 works.but everyone knows also its 911 ffs it says it every were.
    ffs i knew this number years before.just read the resort leaflets!

Can you elaborate? It makes a lot of sense to me

Why don't you try arguing against my point instead of disregarding it as being 'too Jim Corr'?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Was anyone else disgusted that Kate is convinced it's a man, and the children are referring to 'The Man' and 'The Naughty Man'..

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    just watchin tlls again and gerry said they didnt know the number for
    the police
    ,999 works.but everyone knows also its 911 ffs it says it every were.
    ffs i knew this number years before.just read the resort leaflets!
    Jesus. Did he say that? I must've missed that bit. Pretty piss-poor excuse, tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement