Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

I don't claim to know what happened at all. No one does for sure.

Kate Mcann became a Guardian Agian , forever keeping an eye on her beloved child ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

barone wrote: »

It starts at about 1hr 16 min 30secs into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Thanks for this. I will watch it once i am finished work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Kate has got so skinny!
    I have read the detectives book that they tried to ban, and was disturbed by the gaspar statements and will be interested to see if there is a mention of that in the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Aye watched that last night. Thought id skip to the interview but ended up watching David Gray perform and listened to Marty Morrisy..anyway.

Kate looks very tired and weary looking and seems genuine but Gerry is the complete opposite.

Im no Phsycologist but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who can read body language etc.

Anyway he seems very much in control, confident, domineering. He seemed very relaxed and in control while kate was just shattered looking.

I cant shake the feeling that theres something not right about Gerry..i hate thinking in such a negative way but thats how i see it.

The thing i dont get is why the insist on being in the spotlight, now you can say to raise money to keep looking for her or you be cyncial and say other things already mentioned in this thread.

I mean they have raised millions, have had every resource of police etc and nothing has been found..

Anyway i think "Tubs" did an ok Job but Gerry Telling "To read the Book" and laughing was just kinda weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

BengaLover wrote: »
    Kate has got so skinny!
    I have read the detectives book that they tried to ban, and was disturbed by the gaspar statements and will be interested to see if there is a mention of that in the book.

Where can you get hold of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DerekWaters

Scram wrote: »
    Where can you get hold of that?

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Aye watched that last night. Thought id skip to the interview but ended up watching David Gray perform and listened to Marty Morrisy..anyway.

Kate looks very tired and weary looking and seems genuine but Gerry is the complete opposite.

Im no Phsycologist but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who can read body language etc.

Anyway he seems very much in control, confident, domineering. He seemed very relaxed and in control while kate was just shattered looking.

I cant shake the feeling that theres something not right about Gerry..i hate thinking in such a negative way but thats how i see it.

The thing i dont get is why the insist on being in the spotlight, now you can say to raise money to keep looking for her or you be cyncial and say other things already mentioned in this thread.

I mean they have raised millions, have had every resource of police etc and nothing has been found..

Anyway i think "Tubs" did an ok Job but Gerry Telling "To read the Book" and laughing was just kinda weird.

Gerry cant appear to be broken or down because he would be removed from his post and unable to practice!

The main point in the interview last night for me was when Kate said the name of Madelines favorite book and said it IS her favorite book she said it un rehersed and that means subconsciously she believes Madeline is alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Of course it is. But most responsible parents make adequate arrangements for the safe-keeping of your children.

An occupant of a nearby apartment heard the child crying for that length of time.

I was being ironic in quoting what you said about the 75 mins, because it is indicitive of the bull**** and the manipulation of the facts and the hearsay about this case. In support of your argument you actually said:
    'So even after their children who were left alone (a three year and two one year olds), one of whom had previously expressed unhappiness at being left alone crying for 75mins WHILE THE PARENTS WERE OUT DRINKING,'

It says a lot about how people review the known facts of this case.

Considering that the average human being lives to about 75, I think that's a pretty poor effort if you're going to keep score that way.

How very droll....but what do you actually mean? It is no mean achievement to rear children...you cannot do it by being 'wilfully negligent' over and over again. But as any REAL parent will tell you...fate generally lets you away with mistakes. But this time it didn't with dreadful consequences.
    What amazes me is that so many people huddled in the corner of an internet forum in Ireland are so totally convinced of their guilt and nobody has charged them or has any plans to charge them? Doesn't that strike you as a little odd? Did the amateur sleuths and passionate detectives never wonder why that might be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Happyman42 wrote: »
    In support of your argument you actually said:
    'So even after their children who were left alone (a three year and two one year olds), one of whom had previously expressed unhappiness at being left alone crying for 75mins WHILE THE PARENTS WERE OUT DRINKING,'

It says a lot about how people review the known facts of this case.
    I didn't make that statement.
    But as any REAL parent will tell you...
    Not sure what you mean by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I cant shake the feeling that theres something not right about Gerry...

he also has a face you wanna punch for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

there was one line that stuck out for me ...

when she was talking about the fact that some people thought that madeline might have wonder off by her self ....

i'm paraphrasing here but kate said: "the shutters and the window had been opened, i'm not lying about that".

This to me implies that she(they)have lied about other details.

I was trained in work never to use the phrases, "to be honest", "honestly", "Tell ya the thruth" - as these all imply that you havent been doing so up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Some wannabe detective material here today. Just as as well recruitment is stalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I didn't make that statement.
    My bad, you didn't say it. Apologies.
    But my point stands...the person next door has not been interrogated in a court of law.
    Its why we have courts, TO INTERROGATE THE FACTS. That is why 'innocent until proven guilty' is the fundemental tenet of our justice system and must continue to be so. How long would the McCanns be buried had the bayers for blood on here gotten their way.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

What I mean is that anybody who tells you that they reared their children without making a mistake, is telling you lies or is not a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Paully D wrote: »
    If they are lying and did kill Madeline then they have nerves of steel to keep up such a front for so long. They'd also stop trying to keep the whole incident in the media all the time and certainly wouldn't be promoting books.

To the people accusing them of killing their own child and then putting on a brave face for the last 6 years to cover it up - get a grip, they'd have cracked long before now.

not necessarily true while I have no opinion really in this story but it is possible for killers to keep nerves of steel it can be associated with a psychopathic personality, when tested people with this type of personality dont understand emotion like guilt, shame things like that but they are able to manipulate others and emotions in order to create a perceived appearance about themselves. Often people with this personality disorder are extremely intelligent and can often be naturally expert liars. Now Im not saying that one of the McCanns or both have this personality type, but I do believe someone who does have this disorder could convince the public and media with clever well planned out lies and in this case it would be the general publics sympathy towards one loosing a child in terrible situations that can be exploited.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 wayne25

What I find amazing is how the two keep this story alive in the media, who do they know to keep it alive??? My reckoning, Clarence Mitchell there PR man. This chap used to be part of the British government AND Head of The Media 'Monitoring' Unit in the UK!

There are hundreds of missing kids in the UK and lesser so here, so why do these get treated any differently???

Can you imagine the frustraion of other parents with mmissing kids who never get a sniff or look in???

Ryan did ok, I like the way he interviewed them at the start, I never heard them talk in 'normal' terms about there lives, above all in my head, my gut opinion is that something does not add up here, and eventually the truth will come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I do think it would be possible for them to live with the guilt (am not saying they actually did it because like everyone else I don't know). I think that they could convince themselves if it was an accident that they need to keep quiet because their other children need them.

People are able to murder and compartmentalize it and live with it.

For those that say that they wouldn't be promoting a book if they did it - well, imagine what people would think if they didn't continue to publicise the case 'oh, they have totally dropped off the radar... must have something to hide'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

My bad, you didn't say it. Apologies.
    But my point stands...the person next door has not been interrogated in a court of law.
    Its why we have courts, TO INTERROGATE THE FACTS. That is why 'innocent until proven guilty' is the fundemental tenet of our justice system and must continue to be so. How long would the McCanns be buried had the bayers for blood on here gotten their way.
    That's fine. But I think you'll find that most people on here are trying to work with the facts. It's the facts of the case that has people so worked up.

FWIW, I'm not totally convinced that the McCanns have anything to do with Madeline's disappearance. But I do feel that they are covering for something even bigger than leaving the kids on their own that night.

I am convinced that they do have questions to answer.
    What I mean is that anybody who tells you that they reared their children without making a mistake, is telling you lies or is not a parent.
    I don't think I, or any other parent in this thread, have ever said that they were perfect parents. Please direct me to the post/s if I am wrong here.

Edit:To go back on something in your earlier post.
    What amazes me is that so many people huddled in the corner of an internet forum in Ireland are so totally convinced of their guilt and nobody has charged them or has any plans to charge them? Doesn't that strike you as a little odd? Did the amateur sleuths and passionate detectives never wonder why that might be?
    I could say the same for the people who seem to be convinced of their innocence. Works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

D1stant wrote: »
    Twink made a good point on the VB show tonight. If they were in any way complicate the McCanns would have faded into the background by now.

They were negligent - that's indisputable, amatuerish in trying to use the media, but I have no doubt that the whole affair is destroying them molecule by molecule

Im very torn between having enormous sympathy for these people and being angry at them for being selfish ****

It is a nothing point by Twink.

Joe O' Reilly did not fade into the background and went onto the Late Late Show to speak of his murdered wife.

Look how that story turned out.

Them continuing to court the media proves nothing about them. It does not mean they are innocent but it is also not a sign of guilt.

One thing they were not however is amateurish in how the used the media. They had professionals in the media along with a PR firm hired very early in the case and still do. Their handling and use of the media has been done very carefully and with plenty of coaching/advise.

Right from the start they had family members talking to the media in England who quoted Kate directly in her complaints about the police, who quoted information that was told to the McCanns in private to the media, and of course Kate stuck the knife into Robert Murat through family members and also through her journal as she stated openly that Murat was guilty and that he had done it and that there was no doubt on it.

Murat was in time proven to have had nothing to do with it but the man has been receiving death threats and abuse right up to recent times thanks to her comments about his guilt.

The McCanns are quick to try and take legal action for money when they feel they have been slighted, as shown by their attempt to sue the lead detective for over a million ( a case where the judge ruled against the McCanns and in favour of the dectective btw), but it is a shame that they did not have the grace over the last four years to say sorry to the man whose life they ruined with their accusations. Murat has confirmed a number of times that he received no hint of an apology from them.

But them being capable of keeping themselves in the public eye is proof of nothing. An innocent person would use that option if they could, but as has been shown in the past a guilty person will do so as well to try and appear innocent. There is a lot of things that make me wary of the McCanns, but them keeping themselves and the child in the glare of the media is not one of those things.

• Advertisement

The only way G&K could have killed or found her dead and disposed of the body was if the other 2 couples covered for them because there was not enough time between the last time the group seen Madeline and when the police where called that they could have disposed of the body and covered their tracks!

I think they are wrecked with guilt and regret over leaving their kids alone and they will have to live with that forever.

By launching books and doing as many tv appearances as possible they are keeping Madeline in the spotlight and they need to do that if she will ever be found!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

• Registered Users Posts: 46 wayne25

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8884-the-gaspar-statements-re-david-payne

This is the item the British press are afraid to go near, friends of The Mcs with a very serious accusation about Gerry and his friend David while on a previous holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

From reading some of the opinions of others You can really see the lack of support for Gerry and Kate Mc Cann. I think it is very easy for us to say they should never have left the children in the apartment on thier own... perhaps they shouldnt, and I am sure they in hindsight they are thinking the same. Parents all over the country probably have done the same thing at some point or other.They felt that the children were save... It clearly wasnt the safest thing to do but how were they to know? They were only 100 yards away...

There has been a lot of negativity towards the idea of this book and making money of it.... The mc canns have not released this book to make money of their unfortunate story so they can live happily ever after they are trying to raise the money to search for their little girl.
    The mc Canns are trying to use any available source to help them find thier child, I do think they truly believe if they keep this in the media they will find her. It is the only hope they have.

If Kate and Gerry McCann had something to do with thier dissapearance of thier child, it would have been found out by now. No two people could have the stories completely 100% for the past number of years.

I think Ryan tubirdy did a good job last night and asked many of the questions we all sought the answer to, I do think Kate and Gerry composed themselves well. A lot of people suggest that Gerry was quiet odd as he smiled and seemed to hold himself well.. for gods sake he has to hold himself well. He has two other little children, he needs to be strong. And I cannot help but think that if he had to have sat there crying and with his wife beside him in bits it, they would have been blackened by the idea of it being a "sob story".

Best of luck of finding maddy, I do believe she is out there somewhere and I only hope she is found someday safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

deco nate wrote: »
    ok heres one for you,why leave the front door unlock?seein as they were all
    havin dinner togeter?surely they could have left thier front doors locked,
    givin the keys to whoevers turn it was to "listen" in???seein as they could not be arsed to pay the babysitter fee.all 9 of them!oh and thier was 2 hours between the time they found out she was missin and the time they told the cops...

For easier access perhaps? So the keys wouldn't wake the children? because they never dreamed an intruder would stroll in and take their sleeping child in a holiday resort 100 yards from where they were sitting?

I don't see how an unlocked door points any more to their guilt, tbh. In fact, quite the opposite. It lends more credence to the abduction theory.

there are conflicting reports as to when the police were called. Kate says Matthew Oldfield called the police from his phone 10 minutes after the alarm was raised, Police say they didn't log a call intil 23.50.
    No matter, Kate alerted her friends immediately having found Madeleine missing, so it wasn't as if she was left alone in the apartment for any more than a few minutes after the discovery of the disappearance. The staff were also alerted and had started searching before the police arrived.

I repeat, when could she have cleaned up any evidence, hidden the body well enough so that the police wouldn't find it and worked out an abduction story in that space of time with that many people around? Doesn't make any sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

hondasam wrote: »
    would she have disappeared if the parents were in the apartment where they should have been ?

They neglected their kids.

It's quite possible that if they were being monitored by somebody that they would have snatched the child at some other point/time. You can't say for definite that she would not have disappeared anyway.

The fact that they seemed to follow a pattern every night of eating and leaving the kids alone could suggest that somebody was observing them over a couple of nights before taking the girl.
    Yakult wrote: »
    Jeez, the one night they leave the kids on their for 2 hours and the oldest is "kidnapped"...
    Coincidence? Im not so sure. But Im not sure the parents did it either. Who knows but only them.

Im not 100% on the details but If the child was kidnapped he/she was playing a dangerous game by doing so.

How did the kidnapper know what room they were in?

How did he/she know if they were alone or not?

How did he/she get into said apartment? Was their evidence of forced entry?

How did he/she avoid every cctv in the area?

*If theirs answers for all of these I'd be interested in reading them.

The kidnapper could well have been observing/following them for days. This is not uncommon I believe.

People are able to murder and compartmentalize it and live with it.

Would both of them be able to do this but i would imagine one would blame the other!

I would agree with this if she seemed under his thump and he done all the talking but she can speak for herself pretty well and i think one of them would have cracked by now

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

Kate says Matthew Oldfield called the police from his phone 10 minutes after the alarm was raised, Police say they didn't log a call intil 23.50.

Didnt they mention something about this last night in the interview in which they said... the police didnt log the call until they rang a second time?? Dont quote me on this but they did mention something along these lines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorteenman

I am really amazed that people feel it is alright to judge people and make accusations about this couple. Is it really so difficult to believe that they are telling the truth? If your child was taken do you know how you would deal with it? Astounded at some of the things written on here...are we really such a bitter angry nation of narrow minded busybodies?? And how can boards.ie allow some of these allegations be put in a public forum?? Sickened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

wayne25 wrote: »
    http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8884-the-gaspar-statements-re-david-payne

This is the item the British press are afraid to go near, friends of The Mcs with a very serious accusation about Gerry and his friend David while on a previous holiday!

What's the acquisition? Where's the evidence? Other than the fact that some very distasteful comments were made.

Why did the Gaspers continue to allow this man to bath their children considering their suspicions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement