Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Why would they need to go through the window if the door was open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

K-9 wrote: »
    There was something about the window being open, the police inspector pointed out that this wasn't noticed in the earlier inspections.

Thing is, there was no evidence of any other finger prints other than Kates' on the window or evidence of glove fibres either.

I think she said the shutters had been forced and the window was open, yet only her prints were in the window. Curiously, do we know how many prints? If it's an entire hand then that could be completely innocent, but if it was just one that might suggest she'd tried to clean them up and missed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why would they need to go through the window if the door was open?

Exactly and why the inspector thought that particular part was a cover up. I agree with that myself, they had questions to answer over their negligence.
    danmoz wrote: »
    I think she said the shutters had been forced and the window was open, yet only her prints were in the window. Curiously, do we know how many prints? If it's an entire hand then that could be completely innocent, but if it was just one that might suggest she'd tried to clean them up and missed one.

3 or 4 I think. He didn't say if they were big.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Exactly and why the inspector thought that particular part was a cover up. I agree with that myself, they had questions to answer over their negligence.

3 or 4 I think. He didn't say if they were big.

Oh because she didnt want to admit she left the door open?

I dont think these parents killed or kidnapped her at all. If they are hiding anything, including from themselves, its their own culpability in this tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I dont think these parents killed or kidnapped her at all. If they are hiding anything, including from themselves, its their own culpability in this tragedy.

But I thought I had read that the door being open part of the story only came about after the finger prints on the window were proven to be Kate's and only Kate's.

If they are willing to cover something small up, then you know

• Advertisement

Yep, well more that Gerry was insistent he used the front door which the inspector points out makes no sense if the patio door was open. The friend he met about 9.15 or so noted he used the back entrance to come out. Seems odd he'd use the more inconvenient and further away from the kids, front door, and leave by the unlocked and handier back door.

Also there was Madeline's book that was used to note down what seems 2 versions of the timelines of the checks on the kids.

Also he pointed out at one stage Kate said the checks were hourly, then from the Tapas 9 different reports ranging from every half hour to 15 minutes to almost every 5/10 minutes at one stage!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The thing is they were drinking. I read in a timeline that said they shared a bottle of wine before going out to dinner, and then presumable there was more alcohol at the dinner.

So I could see how he might use a less obvious entrance if he had a couple of drinks. You do tend to do things that dont make any sense.

Also, memory is not record, its interpretation, so given this with the alcohol I would be suspicious of any time keeping they thought they had going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/apr/11/madeleinemccann

Given that the door and the patio were open whomever took her, could have used either exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

$$$

The thing is they were drinking. I read in a timeline that said they shared a bottle of wine before going out to dinner, and then presumable there was more alcohol at the dinner.

So I could see how he might use a less obvious entrance if he had a couple of drinks. You do tend to do things that dont make any sense.

Also, memory is not record, its interpretation, so given this with the alcohol I would be suspicious of any time keeping they thought they had going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/apr/11/madeleinemccann

Given that the door and the patio were open whomever took her, could have used either exit.

The one about Gerry at 9.05 checking and seeing all 3 is the odd one. Other records show he didn't see her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

So what bothers you then?

it bothers me that it does not fit in with grief stricken parents who 2 weeks earlier had their child taken by "a man". Parents who according to Kate McCann were persecuted with guilt and who also had very graphic images going through her head as to what was possibly being done to her 3 year old daughter's genitals (as she wayyyy over graphically described in her new book)

Although I realise a photo is a snapshot in time there seem to be a lot of them shortly after the event where in particular Gerry is laughing a bit too much.........nerves maybe? who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

This is a good read which imo shows how unlikely Jane Tanner saw an abductor carrying Madeline.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFIQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.madeleinefoundation.org.uk%2FHowdidtheallegedabductor.html&ei=a-vOTaDSO4u1hAeq6djnDA&usg=AFQjCNEIgnTDp4EylUUH36b75TC-rAYoOA

Just wanted to add. This article was forced to be taken down by the McCann team in 2010, but has since been put back up by the author due to some comments Clarence Mitchell made this year in January.

I think she was abducted. I think the abductor had been casing them for a week, probably a local or staff, or delivery guy or someone who had been renting an apartment, and quite simply used the door that was left open. Probably drugged the child so she wouldnt wake up and walked right out with her.

The more you read though...the weirder and weirder it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

I Have read with interest most of this Thread & I just cannot believe how many of you think it's perfectly accetable to leave three Babies alone!!

"With remarks like all Parent's make Mistakes"

Maybe it's just me so here goes, Never ever isit Acceptable to leave any child alone while the Parent's float off for Dinner & whatever else they we're doing!!

This wasn't like has been said on many boards, "It was just like having dinner in the Garden" How can anyone stick up for this Odious pair? Who Court the Media at every oppotunity they get!!

The only one who anyone should feel sorry for is this missing Child!! Who is Probably dead thank's to her Parent's Neglect....I don't know what happened to this Baby just like no one else seem's to do...I do know I don't belieive these so called Parent's!! & Never will & i'm not sorry to say I have no Sympathy what so ever for them!!

Of course we as Parent's make Mistakes...Putting your babies to bed & trotting off out & leaving them alone isn't a Mistake it's Neglect!! I can only assume maybe some poster's don't have children or are not Old enough to have children!! It's a Mother & Father's Instinct to Protect their Children...Not Abandom them at every chance they get:mad:

Also timelines, We only have the McCanns & their wonderful friends word on what time anything was supposed to have taken place...How do any of us know for sure it's the truth? We don't!

G. MCCANN said it was like having dinner in the garden.

Lol.

OK. If im in the garden and my four year old is in the house, or vice a versa, the garden gate is locked and the front door is locked. And its not a goddamed hotel with strangers walking around drunk and god knows what.

And the garden is actually six inches, not 100 meters behind the house.

I cant believe they still defend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Lol.

OK. If im in the garden and my four year old is in the house, or vice a versa, the garden gate is locked and the front door is locked. And its not a goddamed hotel with strangers walking around drunk and god knows what.

Have you seen the Video on youtube of this 100 yards to the Tapas Bar? More like a Route March & they couldn't see the apartment from where they we're supposedly sitting either!!

Ok, I havent really investigated the details until that link Little Acorn posted.

And I'm starting to wonder did anyone check on her at all? I dont trust the memory of people who had been drinking, been traumatised and so riddled with guilt they cant even look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

suitseir wrote: »
    Something has just dawned on me................................................maybe they are telling the truth!

I know it's a long shot BUT.................

Of course two Doctors go for a meal out, leave there kinds out of view (its a 40 second walk) who in their right mind would do that?

Are they Alchos? Jesus for 2 doctors to that its beyond belief.

Not saying they did any crime but for 2 Doctors, well educated people to do that..is just shocking and;
    "Go read the book"
    "we never argue"

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Just watchin Piers Morgan interview the McCanns on CNN. Some difference to Tubridy's "style". Much more direct and is asking the hard questions. A lot of their answers are word for the same as last night on the LLS, but I guess that comes with endless interviews with the same questions for the last 4 years.

Such a strange and divisive story. I really don't don't know what to make of it all. Honestly I probably don't believe they had anything to do with it it but they come across so cold sometimes. Gerry's response to Tubridy last night, when asked what they had to say to people who believed they were involved and he just said "read the book"!!! terrible response.

Gerry McCann reminds me of Joe O Reilly though... :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I Have read with interest most of this Thread & I just cannot believe how many of you think it's perfectly accetable to leave three Babies alone!!

"With remarks like all Parent's make Mistakes"

Maybe it's just me so here goes, Never ever isit Acceptable to leave any child alone while the Parent's float off for Dinner & whatever else they we're doing!!

This wasn't like has been said on many boards, "It was just like having dinner in the Garden" How can anyone stick up for this Odious pair? Who Court the Media at every oppotunity they get!!

The only one who anyone should feel sorry for is this missing Child!! Who is Probably dead thank's to her Parent's Neglect....I don't know what happened to this Baby just like no one else seem's to do...I do know I don't belieive these so called Parent's!! & Never will & i'm not sorry to say I have no Sympathy what so ever for them!!

Of course we as Parent's make Mistakes...Putting your babies to bed & trotting off out & leaving them alone isn't a Mistake it's Neglect!! I can only assume maybe some poster's don't have children or are not Old enough to have children!! It's a Mother & Father's Instinct to Protect their Children...Not Abandom them at every chance they get:mad:

Also timelines, We only have the McCanns & their wonderful friends word on what time anything was supposed to have taken place...How do any of us know for sure it's the truth? We don't!

Couldn't agree more Misty. But I think if you read the thread you'll find that it is PARENTS who are defending the McCanns' behaviour and giving single people abuse for calling them neglectful.

Lol.

The important point here too, is that if you are having dinner in the garden, and there are nine of you, even if you are out of earshot, there is a constant stream of people, going into the house to use the toilet, so the kids are checked on every two minutes. Of course accidents, sometimes, can only take a second and are unpreventable, but for the McCanns' to draw this comparison is revoltingly disingenuous. Why the fcuk couldn't they just take turns, cooking in each others apartments and top'n'tail the kids in the beds and take them home at the end of the night?

Surely this is how normal parents do things on a holiday away.

Also I'm astounded at the ignorance of some of the parents on this thread. Do they know nothing about kids? I'm a single man, but even I can see the inherent dangers of leaving a little girl alone with two babies. Forget about kidnappers. Little girls copy their mothers. It would be quite likely for Madeleine to decide to play "Mammy" and try to give one of the babies a bath (resulting in horrendous burns), or try to boil a saucepan of water to heat a bottle (resulting in horrendous burns), or, if one of the babies woke up and was crying, try to get the Calpol down from the top cupboard (resulting in her splitting her head open), or manage to get the Calpol and administer a lethal dose.

And they left a three-year old to babysit, two one-year olds, for two and a half hours, every night for a week and people (parents:eek:) are making excuses for them. I honestly despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I noticed how everytime Ryan Tubridy asked Kate Mc Cann a question, Gerry answered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Forget about kidnappers. Little girls copy their mothers. It would be quite likely for Madeleine to decide to play "Mammy" and try to give one of the babies a bath (resulting in horrendous burns), or try to boil a saucepan of water to heat a bottle (resulting in horrendous burns), or, if one of the babies woke up and was crying, try to get the Calpol down from the top cupboard (resulting in her splitting her head open), or manage to get the Calpol and administer a lethal dose.

This was one of the first things i thought when the story broke. She could have done anything left alone. Tried to plug in the tv and pulled the tv on top of herself, decided she'd cook dinner and fall on the knife the list of things that could have happened to her is endless. A three year old left alone its still unbelievable 4 years on!!!

Im a little [well alot] confused.

THere was a front door which was left open.

There were patio doors which were also open.

And there was a window with a shutter in the bedroom, which kate mcann says was left closed, including the shutter, but was found open.

Is that right?

I think that is right.
    It is very confusing and there is too much "wrong" about the whole case. Did I get it right that Kate said on the LLS that Madeline could not have gotton out of the appartment as there were child locks?? is that is how she knew she was taken as opposed to wandered out and fallen into the pool?

I will never understand how they could not have have had (at the very least)

a) baby monitors with them at the table

or

b) keep all the kids together and take turns in going back for 20 mins- with the amount of them that were there they would only have max 2 turns.

All "educated" people who left their kids:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

some one mentioned the detectives book a while back, can it be purchased/borrowed anywhere?:o

^ the detective did his own documentary which you can look at on youtube. Im not convinced by him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Couldn't agree more Misty. But I think if you read the thread you'll find that it is PARENTS who are defending the McCanns' behaviour and giving single people abuse for calling them neglectful.

Absolutely not , I am a parent and under no circumstances would I condone what that group of people did .
    I stayed in an apartment that looked straight down on the number 5a and the Mark Warner complex . What the Mc Canns failed to mention is that you cant walk in a straight line from the Tapas bar to 5a, you have to go out by the reception entrance on to the road and up the steps into the apartment .You cannot see the doors from the bar unless you eat standing on a chair .
    The apartment 5a is particulary vulnerable as its the corner one and the steps lead on to the road outside .Its the main road leading from many apartments down to the sea front and restaurants , so people are passing all the time .The front entrace ( facing away from the complex is hidden from view by trees and bushes .
    I would not have left cash or credit cards openly exposed in that apartment , never mind three precious little children
    I dont know the full story , I know the evidence is flawed , stories changed , mobile phones wiped clear before handing over and many many more little niggles .
    What I do know is that that group and most of all the Mc Canns put their own enjoyment and entertainment before the safety of thier children .
    For that alone in my eyes they were hugely neglectful and sellfish .
    In fact watching that apartment and how it could be open to break in and is vulnerable I am very surprised that not all three kids were taken .

I think the Mc Canns are on a mission to blame anyone they can so they dont have to look inward and see they it was they who facilitated and they who were the childrens keepers and they who should have kept them safe .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Just watchin Piers Morgan interview the McCanns on CNN. Some difference to Tubridy's "style". Much more direct and is asking the hard questions. A lot of their answers are word for the same as last night on the LLS, but I guess that comes with endless interviews with the same questions for the last 4 years.

Such a strange and divisive story. I really don't don't know what to make of it all. Honestly I probably don't believe they had anything to do with it it but they come across so cold sometimes. Gerry's response to Tubridy last night, when asked what they had to say to people who believed they were involved and he just said "read the book"!!! terrible response.

Gerry McCann reminds me of Joe O Reilly though... :-O
    Is this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Im a little [well alot] confused.

THere was a front door which was left open.

There were patio doors which were also open.

And there was a window with a shutter in the bedroom, which kate mcann says was left closed, including the shutter, but was found open.

Is that right?
    Its an odd layout , the front of the apartment with a front door entrance faces away from the complex on to a car park , surrounded by bushes .I believe that door was locked.
    The back door , facing into the complex and ovr looking the pool had patio doors leading onto concrete steps which led straight on to a road .Those doors were unlocked . The road leads into the main area , sea front , shops , prom and restaurants and straight passed the main little supermarket so quite busy .Its not the M50 but a busy road with cars , bikes , vans etc passing ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRw5wMx0QcM

also the CNN ones on the panel to the right of this video

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its an odd layout , the front of the apartment with a front door entrance faces away from the complex on to a car park , surrounded by bushes .I believe that door was locked.
    The back door , facing into the complex and ovr looking the pool had patio doors leading onto concrete steps which led straight on to a road .Those doors were unlocked . The road leads into the main area , sea front , shops , prom and restaurants and straight passed the main little supermarket so quite busy .Its not the M50 but a busy road with cars , bikes , vans etc passing ,

And what about the windows. shutters? There has been a lot of debate about them? Easy to open frm outside? Noisy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement