Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

At first i had only sympathy for the McCanns & i still do to certain extent, it obviously must be terrible to have a child go missing.

But lets face it there is a bit of a lack of parental vigilance in this story. What happened was borderline neglect in my opinion. They are partly to blame for the child disappearing.

I don't know anyone who would leave 3 kids alone in an apartment in order to get away for drinks at a bar. Its a pretty silly thing to do & unfortunately they have payed the ultimate price.

I agree , except I dont think it was borderline I think it was neglect of their duty of care .
    Madeleine has paid the ultimate price , poor little scrap . I only hope she is not suffering as it hardly likely she is sitting on a swing waiting to be found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

You know how initially the were the prime suspects, dna was found, the cadaver dogs etc, how did the Portugese police end up closing the investigation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Silver Moon

probably because the McCanns hot-footed it outta there as soon as they wre asked some proper questions and the PJ thought to themselves "well, at least they're not our problem anymore."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The shutter at the side of the apartment was pulled right up. This shutter goes very high up off the ground so Maddie would not have been able to do that...

I thought the police said the shutters couldn't be opened from the outside?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I guess they didnt want to deal with extradition. Reading up on it the McCann's consulted a well known American defense lawyer who fought and won Pinochet from being extradited. I guess PJ didnt want to deal with that, but then PJ let the apartment [crime scene] be rented out before they could do a re-enactment.

Was the evidence too inconclusive to warrent an arrest? And there is still no body so they cant really arrest them can they?

Officially is this now a 'missing person's' case or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I guess they didnt want to deal with extradition. Reading up on it the McCann's consulted a well known American defense lawyer who fought and won Pinochet from being extradited. I guess PJ didnt want to deal with that, but then PJ let the apartment [crime scene] be rented out before they could do a re-enactment.

Was the evidence too inconclusive to warrent an arrest? And there is still no body so they cant really arrest them can they?

Officially is this now a 'missing person's' case or what?
    metrovelvet im interested in how you think the mccanns murdered their daughter, why, and how they disposed of her body, taking into account they were being monitored day and night by the worlds press. also, why have they pursued the search for their, in your opinion, murdered daughter, keeping themselves in the limelight and badgering politicians when the obvious thing for people who have committed the perfect crime, according to you, would be to fade away, breathe a sigh of relief, and breathe. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I think the child simply walked out of the apartment either looking for her parents or just out of innocent curiosity & unfortunately was discovered by some sort of creepy degenerate.

How could someone get into the apartment without being seen, take the child without waking her siblings & just walk off into the night?

I think the dogs on the street know that her siblings were drugged. For what reason, and who did it, is another matter. The McCanns would not allow a blood test. But, the twins did not wake up at any stage, between 10.00 pm when the furore started and 4.30 am when the police put them to bed in another apartment. Also, there is witness (although I wouldn't believe any witness there that night) evidence, that Kate kept checking the twins' breathing to make sure they were still ok.

I think the dogs on the street know that her siblings were drugged. For what reason, and who did it, is another matter. The McCanns would not allow a blood test. But, the twins did not wake up at any stage, between 10.00 pm when the furore started and 4.30 am when the police put them to bed in another apartment. Also, there is witness (although I wouldn't believe any witness there that night) evidence, that Kate kept checking the twins' breathing to make sure they were still ok.
    One of the group who were with them on holidays said that at the time . I think it was Fiona Payne .

And it also a bit of a mystery really how someone could take a little girl from her bed without her screaming blue bloody murder .
    And with so many apartments around there I am sure someone would have heard it .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I read somewhere in a link earlier in the thread that they didn't wake up even when the police moved them to the other apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    metrovelvet im interested in how you think the mccanns murdered their daughter, why, and how they disposed of her body, taking into account they were being monitored day and night by the worlds press. also, why have they pursued the search for their, in your opinion, murdered daughter, keeping themselves in the limelight and badgering politicians when the obvious thing for people who have committed the perfect crime, according to you, would be to fade away, breathe a sigh of relief, and breathe. thanks.

you do realise they asked for the case to be reinspected the same week they released their book.

money.money.money.

the madeleine mccann foundation is a money making machine.

• Advertisement

I never said that.

I asked some questions. I dont know how you jumped to such conclusions. I was asking if they were prime suspects why they fled portugal and how the case ended up closed, was it due to lack of evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

geetar wrote: »
    you do realise they asked for the case to be reinspected the same week they released their book.

money.money.money.

the madeleine mccann foundation is a money making machine.
    are these supposed to be answers to my questions??
    incidentally, the McCanns have been asking for a review of the case pretty much since the Portuguese authorities "shelved" it.why do you think that the parents of a missing child asking for an independent review of the handling of the disappearance, close to the 4 year anniversary of the disappearance means that the parents murdered their child???
    Incidentally the madeleine foundation is an extremely creepy organisation
    http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/
    run by a disgraced, struck off solicitor, Anthony Bennett. Mr Bennett likes to attach himself to sensational cases in an effort to gain notoriety.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bennett_(English_politician)
    yes it is a money making machine. for Anthony Bennett, that is. People like you will buy his nonsense leaflets, and donate to his cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

The McCanns were only "monitored" by the press and police after whatever fate befell their daughter. None of the events of her dissappearance were known of by any more than a dozen people, probably less, at the time.

Keeping yourself in the limelight is the best place for anyone to avoid suspicion of any kind. I'm not saying there's anything they should be suspected of, but if there was or is, so long as people like yourself keep thinking they would hide if they were guilty, then it would have value as a strategy.

maebee wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. Time and time again its said she was snatched or taken or abducted , there is no shred of evidence to prove that at all . Right from day one we have heard them say the word abducted or snatched until we all are led to think its fact

Mrs Bryne, you're right - the McCanns have repeatedly for an 'independent' review. What they have NOT done is ask for the investigation to be re-opened. They have also been rather muted in their response to the news that Scotland Yard are intending to have a look at all the available evidence.

geetar wrote: »
    well thats a bit different.

for some reason i would sympathise with them more had they been in the villa when she was taken, and not on the p!ss at dinner with their friends.

i think the majority of this thread are in agreement that somethins fishy about this whole thing. one way or another, whether they killed her or whether she was abducted, they are to blame.
    so the abductor is not to blame at all geetar. he/she was just going about his normal paedo business and its not his fault that the little girl was asleep in her bed? he cant be blamed or held to account for his actions? I am walking home tonite along a country road in the pitch dark, and a drunk driver knocks me down but its my fault, i should have realised that a drunk driver might want to do his drunk-driving thing around the roads?

Mrs Bryne, you're right - the McCanns have repeatedly for an 'independent' review. What they have NOT done is ask for the investigation to be re-opened. They have also been rather muted in their response to the news that Scotland Yard are intending to have a look at all the available evidence.
    It seems odd to ask for it in the week of the book launch .What kept them four years I wonder ?

so the abductor is not to blame at all geetar. he/she was just going about his normal paedo business and its not his fault that the little girl was asleep in her bed? he cant be blamed or held to account for his actions? I am walking home tonite along a country road in the pitch dark, and a drunk driver knocks me down but its my fault, i should have realised that a drunk driver might want to do his drunk-driving thing around the roads?

the abductor is only to blame if he exists. I don't believe he does. Therefore I cannot blame him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It seems odd to ask for it in the week of the book launch .What kept them four years I wonder ?

First draft
    Proof reading.
    Second draft.
    Printing.

• Advertisement

The investigation can only be "re-opened" if new evidence comes to light.
    Muted?
    The McCanns, who believe *Portuguese police botched the investigation, said: "This is a step in the right *direction."
    What do you want them to do? Dance a jig around the floor? their child is still missing! This should have been initiated when the Portuguese first shelved the investigation.
    can you tell me, in your opinion,
    a. How?
    B. Why?
    the McCanns murdered their child. Also,
    a. How they disposed of the body considering the media attention, and
    b. if they are guilty why they have battled to stay in the media spotlight?
    if any McCann/Madeleine hater could ever answer me any of these questions, i would never post another word about this case again.

Muted?
    The McCanns, who believe *Portuguese police botched the investigation, said: "This is a step in the right *direction."
    What do you want them to do? Dance a jig around the floor? their child is still missing! This should have been initiated when the Portuguese first shelved the investigation.
    a. How?
    B. Why?
    if any McCann/Madeleine hater could ever answer me any of these questions, i would never post another word about this case again.
    I am not saying it is so as I dont know what happened , but it is feasible that Madeleine died and was removed before the media were ever in attendance . Lots is possible , there is not one single solitary piece of evidence to support an obduction either ,.So I have an open mind .
    This open mind those not make me a hater , either of the Mc Canns or of their lovely little girl . So I would prefare that insinuation wasnt made ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

And what about the windows. shutters? There has been a lot of debate about them? Easy to open frm outside? Noisy?

I don't think anyone (even Team McCann) is trying to peddle that utter sh1te at this stage.

I believe that even the Midlands Serious Crime Squad found it laughable.

Although, they haven't ruled out the possibility that two elderly women from Mayo may be responsible. If they parachuted in, on their way back from Lourdes, the timeline fits.

Bernadette (68) and her great-auntie Brid (97), when

questioned, said," God, you scared the life out of me"

Which to me seems suspicious. Like they have something to hide.

But, it's just a hunch. Something about Bernadette never seemed quite right. And having a crippled great-auntie? Just when they were coming back from Lourdes?

A little "convenient" if you ask me. The whole thing stinks to high heavens.

I'm glad I left the Force, but I worry that these two could possibly strike again in Foxford.

Who knows how far their web of evil stretches?

Ballina?

Muted?
    a. How?
    B. Why?

If the McCanns and their friends volunteered to take part in a reconstruction of event - as they previously refused to do - then that would consitute new evidence. Thus, they have the power to get the investigation re-opened.

"The McCanns, who believe Portuguese police botched the investigation, said: "This is a step in the right direction." Now, what on earth does that mean?? Is it a 'Big' step a 'Little' step or just a 'Medium' sized step?? Would they care to tell me how many other 'Steps' are required, needed or wanted for them to become just a little bit more enthusiastic than the obviously are at the moment... Has anyone read the words 'Overjoyed', 'Ecstatic', 'Delighted' etc when describing their feelings on hearing this news??

I do not believe the McCanns murdered their child. Nor do I believe Madeleine was abducted.

I believe the body was probably disposed long before the media was on the scene.

I believe they 'stay in the spotlight' because they are trying to protect themselves - and more recently they have to stay in the spotlight in order to pay for the legal bills they face having lost their court case in Lisbon re: Goncalo Amaral's book.

I do not 'hate' the McCanns. I pity them. They lost a daughter, ruined their own lives and dragged down lots of other people with them. I doubt they will ever be free of the guilt they must carry for their of their lives.

There is no evidence of forced entry or of anyone being in there. That doesnt mean it didnt happen. No need for forced entry. Doors were open and abduction can be done by luring a child out.

And there was blood evidence in the apartment and UNDER the mat of the boot of the car, as well as the snifffer dog who sniffed out the presence of a corpse.

Honestly, I don't know what to think.

But it does not sit right.

She could have been taken.

She could have had an accident while alone in the apartment and died.

She could have been killed.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am not saying it is so as I dont know what happened , but it is feasible that Madeleine died and was removed before the media were ever in attendance . Lots is possible , there is not one single solitary piece of evidence to support an obduction either ,.So I have an open mind .
    if you think its "feasible" then you must have some idea of how (the complex was obviously in uproar as soon as kate mccann alerted the general company to the disappearance i dont see how the little body can have been removed, please give me your theory). also, once again, why would they murder their child? saying that its feasible implies you have a theory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Hypothetical answers, not saying any of this happened or who was responsible for what did happen.

Answer to a - there was no media attention until after she was missing.

Answer to b - so that people would keep on saying "it can't be them, they stay in the spotlight".

Are you going to stick to your word and not post again? I don't care what you opinion is, but to suggest that people with open minds bringing their reasoning abilities to what they read are "McCann/Madeleine haters", is, frankly, pathetic and you really should bow out of any debate on the subject.

I don't think anyone (even Team McCann) is trying to peddle that utter sh1te at this stage.

I believe that even the Midlands Serious Crime Squad found it laughable.

Although, they haven't ruled out the possibility that two elderly women from Mayo may be responsible. If they parachuted in, on their way back from Lourdes, the timeline fits.

Bernadette (68) and her great-auntie Brid (97), when

questioned, said," God, you scared the life out of me"

Which to me seems suspicious. Like they have something to hide.

But, it's just a hunch. Something about Bernadette never seemed quite right. And having a crippled great-auntie? Just when they were coming back from Lourdes?

A little "convenient" if you ask me. The whole thing stinks to high heavens.

I'm glad I left the Force, but I worry that these two could possibly strike again in Foxford.

Who knows how far their web of evil stretches?

Ballina?
    neither funny or relevant i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

are these supposed to be answers to my questions??

why do you think that the parents of a missing child asking for an independent review of the handling of the disappearance, close to the 4 year anniversary of the disappearance means that the parents murdered their child???

yes, i did answer your questions. you asked why would they raise attention to themselves had they murdered their daughter. i said it was to renew public interest in the case, so they would sell more books.

they are quite clearly cold, calclulating individuals, hellbent on making a profit from their dead daughter. (whether guilty of murder or not)
    People like you will buy his nonsense leaflets, and donate to his cause.

quite clearly i would not donate to the madeleine mccann foundation if i thought she was muredered by her parents. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

if you think its "feasible" then you must have some idea of how (the complex was obviously in uproar as soon as kate mccann alerted the general company to the disappearance i dont see how the little body can have been removed, please give me your theory). also, once again, why would they murder their child? saying that its feasible implies you have a theory!
    Read what I said , I never said murder I said died .I said before the media arrived . If I need to spell it out , perhaps Madeleine died earlier that day and was removed before any of this came to light .I dont know , no one does .

But I will say one thing for absolute certainty , I saw that apartment and I would not leave my cash or credit cards open to danger in it . Never mind my precious children .Of that I am sure .

So whats your theory then ?Have you an idea how an abductor got in and out and way without one single solitary concrete piece of evidnce left anywhere ,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement