Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    OK kevinduffy, just check your posts and copy and paste the ones were you answered my questions. its nearly bedtime, so while were young now....;)

Or you could read the thread yourself. And adding a ;) doesn't make you look clever and slightly sarky, it make you look a fool when you put it in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

maebee wrote: »

interestin just waitin for it all to load up...whos Martin Smith?? part of the case thats afraid to spek out according to the portuguese police ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Do you know if they wanted SY to review the case? Just curious, as the Leicestershire Constabulary were involved at the time.

Maybe SY will have more jurisdiction in a review, but am not sure they can question the Portuguese handling of it. It will be interesting to see if the Portuguese police co-operate, although I'd say they will have no problem there.

Seems not and it looks like political and tabloid pressure.

David Cameron is accused of meddling over Madeleine McCann - Telegraph

The problem is the Portuguese police who didn't seem enamoured with the co-operation they received.
    Kate and Gerry McCann yesterday dismissed the criticism of the review. Speaking in Dublin, Mr McCann said: “I’m sure it will go a long way to [addressing] one of our key disgruntlements, which was that British police had lots and lots of information and it was just sitting there and no one was looking at it.
    “The Met has excellent expertise in reviewing major crimes, so we are very pleased and we would like to thank David Cameron for his intervention,” he added.
    m more than 40 courses from the UK’s leading home study college and start gaining new skills today!

I'd say be careful of what you wish for. Police go on evidence, leads and ruling out possible scenarios, the Met aren't going to be any different.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    When they came back Kate checked her and realised she had given her a overdose.
    Do you not think she would then have tried frantically, as medics do in such circumstances, to revive her, seeking whatever help she could?
    (acid will destroy all proof even teeth)
    And said acid was procured from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I agree but here is what I think happened,the little one would not settle and thery were in a rush out to meet friends for dinner.She had woke the night before so they came up with the idea to sedate her so she would not wake.
    They would have both been struck off as doctors and lost the twins not alone that a heavy prison sentence,so they decided to dump the body (acid will destroy all proof even teeth). Was not sure they played any part until the Late Late but I'm so sure they played some part in this now,the way they behaved the other night was very very strange !!
    so kate mccann went to check at some stage during the evening. found her dead, didnt panic (why would you panic its only your IVF conceived first-born beloved daughter). went to the open all night hardware store right across the road (completely unnoticed) bought enough acid to dissolve a 3 year old. went back (unnoticed) dissolved her little girl (completely unpanicked, as cool as a cucumber) poured the acid down the toilet, and reappeared screaming blue murder a few minutes later. and the acid salesman suffered a memory blackout.
    well at least youve made an attempt at a theory, albeit helped by me. more than can be said for some other posters here.(you know who you are):p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

lugha wrote: »

And said acid was procured from?

A hippy..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I agree but here is what I think happened,the little one would not settle and thery were in a rush out to meet friends for dinner.She had woke the night before so they came up with the idea to sedate her so she would not wake.
    They would have both been struck off as doctors and lost the twins not alone that a heavy prison sentence,so they decided to dump the body (acid will destroy all proof even teeth). Was not sure they played any part until the Late Late but I'm so sure they played some part in this now,the way they behaved the other night was very very strange !!

This theory never has the backing of how, where and when this dumping could have taken place. You seriously believe they managed to get hold of acid and dispose so masterfully of their beloved daughter that way in the time span they had to do so???

It also never takes into account the fact that this theory paints the McCanns as caring more about saving face and hanging on to their careers, than it does about the child they tried for years to have and by all accounts loved very much.
    How anyone can assume the McCanns could be so cold, clinical, uncaring and calculating on finding their dead daughter as to cook up such a heinous plan during such a shocking scenario, in such a short space of time seems completely unbelievable to me.

i haven't altogether ruled out the ""woke and wandered" theory myself, spanisheyes. its never discussed on boards because it doesnt totally support the "evil McCanns" theory.

The searches were for a body, they searched 500 odd apartments, sewer pipes etc., it has been discussed and hinted at, if you read back on the thread. It could easily have happened with an open back door but nobody seen a child wandering in the area, 2 reports of a man carrying a child, 1 from the Tapas9 which isn't that credible and the Irish couple who later identified Gerry as the man carrying her, I don't find that credible either!

surely if the parents had sat down for the evening in the tapas bar, got blind drunk and never bothered checking (as they say they did), someone, some member of staff, some other guest, would have noticed this. and reported it afterward? surely when the bedlam surrounding the discovery of the empty bed commenced, someone would have noticed( "these people are clearly drunk"). dont forget in the immediacy of the search all staff were required to search, the tapas 7 were runnning around like headless chickens, all were interviewed afterwards, but not one mentioned the sobriety, or lack thereof, of the chief players. surely your not suggesting that one or both of the mccanns discovered their child dead, disposed of the body, hatched a plan to wriggle out of it and then sat drinking wine and nibbling at olives as if one had dropped and smashed a bottle of milk?

I'd agree with that but ten there is the discrepancies in the checking in times, from every hour to half hour to quarterly to at one stage, every 5/10 minutes. Then you have MADELINE'S BOOK that had 2 different versions of timelines written on it. Personally I think people were covering their arse and I think it's a reasonable assumption from the differing testimonies. I think out of everything, that is nearly uncontestable.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

This theory never has the backing of how, where and when this dumping could have taken place. You seriously believe they managed to get hold of acid and dispose so masterfully of their beloved daughter that way in the time span they had to do so???

It also never takes into account the fact that this theory paints the McCanns as caring more about saving face and hanging on to their careers, than it does about the child they tried for years to have and by all accounts loved very much.
    How anyone can assume the McCanns could be so cold, clinical, uncaring and calculating on finding their dead daughter as to cook up such a heinous plan during such a shocking scenario, in such a short space of time seems completely unbelievable to me.
    This is the one big difficulty with the McCann's having any involvement. In an Agatha Christie novel you can indeed get the character who appears benign to all but is ultimately revealed to have a dark heart.
    This is certainly a possibility in this case but it seems utterly implausible. If you look for the simplest explanation, as you should, this is far too unlikely.

Or you could read the thread yourself. And adding a ;) doesn't make you look clever and slightly sarky, it make you look a fool when you put it in the wrong place.
    kevinduffy, it is not for me to go searching for a post containing what you claim to be "answers". you claim to have answered my questions. i asked you to direct me to these answers. this is common forum etiquette. maybe you are new to posting on forums and dont realise this. you have refused to direct me to these answers so i will conclude now that no such"answers exist. below is your claim to have provided answers.
    You posted these after you said you wouldn't post if your questions were answered. They have been answered. Are you going to stick to your word and stop posting? (see kevinduffy, i just copy and pasted a post of yours, if you cant do it you should try and find out how to. soon . before you embarrass yourself anymore)
    ETA for someone who cannot copy and paste your making a lot of noise about the placement of smilies...

• Advertisement

This is the one big difficulty with the McCann's having any involvement. In an Agatha Christie novel you can indeed get the character who appears benign to all but is ultimately revealed to have a dark heart.
    This is certainly a possibility in this case but it seems utterly implausible. If you look for the simplest explanation, as you should, this is far too unlikely.
    this post highlights one of the big problems with the publics perceptions in this case. this is not an Agatha Christie novel. the characters in a novel are entirely fictional.. the McCann family are entirely real living breathing human beings. with all a human beings faults and imperfections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

neither funny or relevant i'm afraid.

Aah don't be afraid. Btw, at what stage did you appoint yourself as the arbiter of funniness or relevance? I must have missed the memo.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This thread is getting stupid now.

Aah don't be afraid. Btw, at what stage did you appoint yourself as the arbiter of funniness or relevance? I must have missed the memo.:pac:
    and I'm preaching about forum etiquette....sorry all should have said "neither funny nor relevant IMO" OK now? Blood pressure returning to normal? any answers yet kevin? (i know your still there you know.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

and I'm preaching about forum etiquette....sorry all should have said "neither funny nor relevant IMO" OK now? Blood pressure returning to normal? any answers yet kevin? (i know your still there you know.....)

seriously what are you hoping to achieve ?

have you read the whole thread ?

by the way askmychocolate, why are you PMing me to abuse me? dont you want the other posters to know that you think I'm stupid? What am i supposed to do, feel intimidated or something? were all only anonymous strangers on the WWW you know? get a life! Ive just reported the PM and i have no hesitation about posting it here so dont bother sending any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

i thought this thread was about kate and gerry mccann promoting a book??? just seems like a stupid slagging match now...:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/tags.php?tag=narrowminded+irish

Hello Gerry

What say we all "Read the book" and that'll open our minds,eh???

Actually there is no simple explanation in this case.

There is evidence of paedophile tendencies with David Payne and with the discrepancies in statements it would be rather easy to put that forward as the answer, together with other stuff in the holiday.

It's possible and a simple answer. There are too many simple answers to this case!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

by the way askmychocolate, why are you PMing me to abuse me? dont you want the other posters to know that you think I'm stupid? What am i supposed to do, feel intimidated or something? were all only anonymous strangers on the WWW you know? get a life! Ive just reported the PM and i have no hesitation about posting it here so dont bother sending any more.

FYI. pm'ing insults is far more productive. it doesnt distract or derail threads from whatever personal vendetta you have, and keeps topic on topic. your being quite ignorant and its bound to bite you in the ass. go back under your bridge and quite trolling this thread. your answers have been answered.

the reference someone made to the use of acid was entirely hypothetical, and IMO farfetched, but im not going to go insane like you and be rude about it. there is every possibility that two parents, who are doctors, over sedated a 4 year old child resulting in her death. what happened her body remains a mystery, but thats why we still dont know what happened to her. the answers you are looking for dont exist, if they did people would be in jail. we can only answer your "questions" with hypothetical scenarios which you seem hellbent on rejecting.
    also, this is how you quote someone, before you try and show off your ability to use copy and paste....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tadaa!

Been following this for a long time and I think I've come to a conclusion of what happened that night.

The twins ate Madeleine. Its all about survival of the fittest and 3 is a crowd etc. They look innocent I know but you can see the guilt dripping from them..

Mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Absolutely not , I am a parent and under no circumstances would I condone what that group of people did .
    I stayed in an apartment that looked straight down on the number 5a and the Mark Warner complex . What the Mc Canns failed to mention is that you cant walk in a straight line from the Tapas bar to 5a, you have to go out by the reception entrance on to the road and up the steps into the apartment .You cannot see the doors from the bar unless you eat standing on a chair .
    The apartment 5a is particulary vulnerable as its the corner one and the steps lead on to the road outside .Its the main road leading from many apartments down to the sea front and restaurants , so people are passing all the time .The front entrace ( facing away from the complex is hidden from view by trees and bushes .
    I would not have left cash or credit cards openly exposed in that apartment , never mind three precious little children
    I dont know the full story , I know the evidence is flawed , stories changed , mobile phones wiped clear before handing over and many many more little niggles .
    What I do know is that that group and most of all the Mc Canns put their own enjoyment and entertainment before the safety of thier children .
    For that alone in my eyes they were hugely neglectful and sellfish .
    In fact watching that apartment and how it could be open to break in and is vulnerable I am very surprised that not all three kids were taken .

I think the Mc Canns are on a mission to blame anyone they can so they dont have to look inward and see they it was they who facilitated and they who were the childrens keepers and they who should have kept them safe .

Here Here, I take my Hat off to you of course all these Parent's put their Children in Danger! What all these Parent's did is unforgivable, The Mccann's was lucky only to lose one child it could quite easily have been all three...Their so called Friends are also very Lucky indeed to still have their children. Not just from the "Supposed Abduction" :rolleyes: But also if this Had happened in the UK these people would have been Charged with Neglect at the very Least!!

Does anyone else not believe the time frame's that have been given?!

K-9 wrote: »
    Actually there is no simple explanation in this case.

There is evidence of paedophile tendencies with David Payne and with the discrepancies in statements it would be rather easy to put that forward as the answer, together with other stuff in the holiday.

It's possible and a simple answer. There are too many simple answers to this case!
    K9 please show us what you refer to as "evidence"?!? of paedophile tendencies on behalf of David Payne. Also tell us why you think the Gaspar statements (for this is the evidence you speak off) remain after 4 years the only "evidence" youve managed to "uncover". Do you think david Payne is a paedophile?

geetar wrote: »
    FYI. pm'ing insults is far more productive. it doesnt distract or derail threads from whatever personal vendetta you have, and keeps topic on topic. your being quite ignorant and its bound to bite you in the ass. go back under your bridge and quite trolling this thread. your answers have been answered.

the reference someone made to the use of acid was entirely hypothetical, and IMO farfetched, but im not going to go insane like you and be rude about it. there is every possibility that two parents, who are doctors, over sedated a 4 year old child resulting in her death. what happened her body remains a mystery, but thats why we still dont know what happened to her. the answers you are looking for dont exist, if they did people would be in jail. we can only answer your "questions" with hypothetical scenarios which you seem hellbent on rejecting.
    thanks geetar for filling me in on the Pming of insults. now go and check your inbox. Does eatmychocolate appreciate your defending him/her? i hope so. my questions are not answered. or as you so quaintly put it my "answers" have not been answered.
    if you think there is every possibility that two parents over-sedated their 3 year-old (not 4 lots of mistakes in this post) you should at least be able to give us a rough outline of how you think this panned out. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Whatever happened it's very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

interview with mark cagney tv3 coming on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

so supposing she had an accident and they disposed of her, which given no one else actually saw her since 530pm could have happened.
    this does not explain the cadaver in their hire car 23 days after the event? that would mean they had to transport her in that car with the police and press all over the place??

I think they have blurred the whole investigation by all of them trying to cover the fact that they all left their kids unattended. Even down to the timelines written out in her little book as to who checked when. then wiping theri phones and not answering questions......whats that about. they themselves have hindered the process.
    I dont think under Portugese law that the could be charged with neglect and the English courts cannot charge them with negelct in another country can they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Does it really matter that they deleted the call/message records on their phones, could the police not have got all that information anyway, from their service providers? Does anyone know if they did that, and if not, has there been any explanation given as to why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Any more sniping will result in thread closure and bans.

Fair warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I wonder will they put those of us who dont read books out of our misery and make a film out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement