Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Another thing that really stood out for me during the LLS interview was this..

Kate said when she tried to make a booking in the restaurant, the staff member made a note in the reservations book that they wanted a nightly reservation because the kids were alone, which is perfectly true, they asked for a nightly reservation because the kids were in bed in the apartment, alone. During the interview IIRC Kate said seeing that hand written note had made her feel sick, and seemed to insinuate that the staff member who made the note had somehow played a part in the disappearance and was somehow possibly responsible. She sounded bitter and angry that somehow the staff had let her and her family down.

Later on when Ryan pressed her about their own role in leaving the children alone she was very quick to point out that 'hindsight is perfect' etc.

Found that odd myself. Personally I think in the circumstances it would be more 'normal' to question your own role in what happened rather than fingerpointing.. especially considering who owed what duty of care to the kids, the waitress/maitre d' of the tapas bar, or their own parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Did anyone else disagree with what they have told their 6 year old twins? (They said this on TLLS). They say 'The bad man took Madeleine'...

I don't know about anyone else but i would not have slept a wink between the ages of 6+ if my parents told me 'A bad man' abducted my sister. Talk about traumatising...I was horrified.
    This wouldnt be as bad if they know that a man took Madeleine, but as we have gone over and over, there is no evidence to suggest so....

I agree maria. It's a horrific thing that they've been telling the twins since they were two years old. Almost as horrific as what Kate says on page 129 of her book:
    "Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

The twins will one day be able to read this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Here are some of the things I have read about the party that visited Portugal-

They were swingers. Drugged the kids so they could have a good time without interruption.

They were taking drugs. Drugged the kids too, so the kids wouldn't see them.

They were heavy drinkers.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Since there is so much speculation going on in this thread, I said I'd throw this meaty stuff out there, in case y'all were getting a bit bored going round the houses with the usual stuff. :eek::eek::eek:

Here are some of the things I have read about the party that visited Portugal-they were swingers. Drugged the kids so they could have a good time without interruption.They were taking drugs. Drugged the kids too, so the kids wouldn't see them.

There's no evidence anyone was doing drugs, Kate McCann had clear toxicology tests, although she has suggested that whoever took Maddie drugged the twins, which is slightly odd if you ask me, I wonder if there was any toxicology tests done on the kids. The swinger angle is interesting though.

prinz wrote: »
    There's no evidence anyone was doing drugs, Kate McCann had clear toxicology tests, although she has suggested that whoever took Maddie drugged the twins, which is slightly odd if you ask me, I wonder if there was any toxicology tests done on the kids. The swinger angle is interesting though.

I being SLIGHTLY tongue in cheek with my post, I hope you understand. But where there's muck there's brass. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

I being SLIGHTLY tongue in cheek with my post, I hope you understand. But where there's muck there's brass. :pac: :pac: :pac:

Ya might not be too far wrong though that's the thing, it might certainly be one explanation as to why the entire group would try to 'get their story straight'.

prinz wrote: »
    Ya might not be too far wrong though that's the thing, it might certainly be one explanation as to why the entire group would try to 'get their story straight'.

And maybe why they all got their phone logs deleted too.... hmmmmm... kissy kissy texts anyone, and not to their own luvvies either. Ha ha, got it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

maebee wrote: »
    I agree maria. It's a horrific thing that they've been telling the twins since they were two years old. Almost as horrific as what Kate says on page 129 of her book:

This is at least the fourth time that you have posted that particular line from the book. Why do you feel the need to keep putting it up on here? Once was more than enough for me to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And maybe why they all got their phone logs deleted too.... hmmmmm... kissy kissy texts anyone, and not to their own luvvies either. Ha ha, got it!
    It never made sense to me why a group would wipe phone logs . Well , just maybe its not out of the realms of possibility .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Here are some of the things I have read about the party that visited Portugal-

They were swingers. Drugged the kids so they could have a good time without interruption.

They were taking drugs. Drugged the kids too, so the kids wouldn't see them.

They were heavy drinkers.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Since there is so much speculation going on in this thread, I said I'd throw this meaty stuff out there, in case y'all were getting a bit bored going round the houses with the usual stuff. :eek::eek::eek:

It was mentioned at the time that the group were swingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It never made sense to me why a group would wipe phone logs . Well , just maybe its not out of the realms of possibility .

Don't know if they all did but it seems Gerry definitely did and after the event. Kate had no records for the week up to it, fair enough, she was on holiday, maybe didn't want to use it and used Gerry's instead. The only call was from her to Gerry after 11, after she disappeared.

No record of this call on Gerry's phone, nothing at all till the following day.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

:eek:That must be one of the worst thing's i've ever seen written!!:eek:

Word's just Fail me.:mad:

ISDW wrote: »
    This is at least the fourth time that you have posted that particular line from the book. Why do you feel the need to keep putting it up on here? Once was more than enough for me to see it.

Because, as mistyeyes says, it is one of the worst things I have ever seen written (by a mother about her daughter, who she hopes will read the book). I think it gives an insight into the mind of Kate McCann. This, along with the Gaspars' statements gives me a very uneasy felling about the whole Tapas 9. I think it is relevant and that is why I posted it.

Why did Kate Mcann feel the need to say such a vile thing in her book?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Everybody should just ignore them as they love the media attention. If they really wanted the case resolved all they had to do was put a stamp on a letter to the Police in Portugal to request that the case be re-opened and agree to a full re-construction of the night of the disappearance. Both appear to have never fully co-operated with the Police which is most odd, but continually muddied the waters during the investigation. Now we learn that Scotland Yard are to review the case but I suspect it will only be what the McCanns want reviewed so as possibly to give them a clean bill of health. The whole Tapas lot know more IMO than they ever revealed and there lies the key.

Because, as mistyeyes says, it is one of the worst things I have ever seen written (by a mother about her daughter, whi she hopes will read the book). I think it gives an insight into the mind of Kate McCann. This, along with the Gaspars' statements gives me a very uneasy felling about the whole Tapas 9. I think it is relevant and that is why I posted it.

Fine that you wanted to post it, but why do you have to post it at least 4 times? It is one of the worst things you have seen written, yet you want to keep writing it again and again and again. It actually makes me feel sick every time I see it, I did report it, haven't gone back over the thread to see if the mods have deleted the other times you've posted it, but I cannot understand why, if its so bad, you keep posting it.

Why did Kate Mcann fell the need to say such a vile thing in her book?

I didn't ask why you posted it, I asked why you keep on posting it. Surely once is enough to get your point across?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Why did Kate Mcann fell the need to say such a vile thing in her book?

IMO to plant the belief in the readers minds that she was taken by a paedophile and clearly the gruesome description has stayed in the minds of those who read it.... ie maximum impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭heidi_ho

I have been reading this thread on and off since it started, not all the pages but when i can here and there. I watched the LLS interview and the TV3 one today. I don't know all the ins and outs of the case and sorry if I'm going to repeat what someone else might have said previously.

A few things stand out for me:

The thing I didn't like about the TV3 one was the extensive talk of money and how the fund gathered approx £2.2 million but Gerry McCann wouldnt say how much of their own money was used. Also went on to say they would estimate approx £1 million from the book sales... not saying that it isn't a good cause but where is all this money going off the back of their poor innocent daughter?

I don't like the lack of emotion shown by Gerry McCann.. the mum Kate alright seemed withered and drawn and thin but he doesn't seem at all phased. Reminds me of Joe O'Reilly and small bits of Ian Huntley before the girls were found. I'm not saying he is a murderer but I wouldn't rule out in my own mind an accident of some type like many others seem to think. Sometimes the "bad people" thrive on the media attention and the thrill of thinking they are cleverer than the police, detectives etc. They get adrenaline rushes from putting themselves in the "getting caught" space...
    These people had everything to lose from something gone wrong in that apartment... desperate people do desperate things...

I dont honestly know how they left their kids night after night there in that apartment and went drinking and eating for the night and more so even worse the night before Madeline was took that they had been crying and they had known that. I know that I for one would not be able to eat my dinner in peace thinking that my baby/babies were crying. Feck the party, my kids more important.. Why couldnt they have got take out from that Tapa's bar and ate in the apartment?

Was it Gerry the last one to check on them before Kate did when Maddie was found gone? Is it possible that he himself found something wrong? And is keeping it to himself? Something about him... makes me uneasy.

I find it hard to believe that someone went in and took Maddie, a stranger, and that not one noise was heard? Not one trace of DNA found in the apartment? And that they just took Maddie, just one child, the oldest of the three? If a stranger went in for black market trade they would take one of the younger ones, no?

And also the cuddlecat, if I had been Kate I would never have washed it, because I would have wanted the scent of my baby to feel close to her. Washing it does not make any sense?

Maybe no-one will ever have answers to this case. Maybe the McCann's will take some secrets to the grave with them. Who knows. Its a messy case with lots of conflicting/missing information as well as the missing child. Its so sad for all involved be it accident or abduction. Same result- Maddie gone. Poor girl. I think with all the media attention on these two parents people forget about the poor child.

heidi_ho wrote: »
    Reminds me of Joe O'Reilly...

I have to say the Joe O'Reilly interview was playing on my mind as I watched the Late Late Show too.

• Advertisement

I have been reading this thread on and off since it started, not all the pages but when i can here and there. I watched the LLS interview and the TV3 one today. I don't know all the ins and outs of the case and sorry if I'm going to repeat what someone else might have said previously.

A few things stand out for me:

The thing I didn't like about the TV3 one was the extensive talk of money and how the fund gathered approx £2.2 million but Gerry McCann wouldnt say how much of their own money was used. Also went on to say they would estimate approx £1 million from the book sales... not saying that it isn't a good cause but where is all this money going off the back of their poor innocent daughter?

I don't like the lack of emotion shown by Gerry McCann.. the mum Kate alright seemed withered and drawn and thin but he doesn't seem at all phased. Reminds me of Joe O'Reilly and small bits of Ian Huntley before the girls were found. I'm not saying he is a murderer but I wouldn't rule out in my own mind an accident of some type like many others seem to think. Sometimes the "bad people" thrive on the media attention and the thrill of thinking they are cleverer than the police, detectives etc. They get adrenaline rushes from putting themselves in the "getting caught" space...
    These people had everything to lose from something gone wrong in that apartment... desperate people do desperate things...

I dont honestly know how they left their kids night after night there in that apartment and went drinking and eating for the night and more so even worse the night before Madeline was took that they had been crying and they had known that. I know that I for one would not be able to eat my dinner in peace thinking that my baby/babies were crying. Feck the party, my kids more important.. Why couldnt they have got take out from that Tapa's bar and ate in the apartment?

Was it Gerry the last one to check on them before Kate did when Maddie was found gone? Is it possible that he himself found something wrong? And is keeping it to himself? Something about him... makes me uneasy.

I find it hard to believe that someone went in and took Maddie, a stranger, and that not one noise was heard? Not one trace of DNA found in the apartment? And that they just took Maddie, just one child, the oldest of the three? If a stranger went in for black market trade they would take one of the younger ones, no?

And also the cuddlecat, if I had been Kate I would never have washed it, because I would have wanted the scent of my baby to feel close to her. Washing it does not make any sense?

Maybe no-one will ever have answers to this case. Maybe the McCann's will take some secrets to the grave with them. Who knows. Its a messy case with lots of conflicting/missing information as well as the missing child. Its so sad for all involved be it accident or abduction. Same result- Maddie gone. Poor girl. I think with all the media attention on these two parents people forget about the poor child.

I like this post. Very thoughtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

I dunno if anyone will know the ins and outs of this but something i wondered about the other day is, lets say god forbid it was found out that the McCanns had something to do with her death (not implying they did, just hypothetically- say her body was found and it was proved or whatever)- what exactly would be done with the profits from the book and the Madeleine fund? like would it all lay dormant or could it be transferred to a charity or....?

Fine that you wanted to post it, but why do you have to post it at least 4 times? It is one of the worst things you have seen written, yet you want to keep writing it again and again and again. It actually makes me feel sick every time I see it, I did report it, haven't gone back over the thread to see if the mods have deleted the other times you've posted it, but I cannot understand why, if its so bad, you keep posting it.

If it's so bad, which it is, why did she write it? You can report me all you like but these are Kate McCanns words. I think you should be reporting them. (to Transworld or more importantly, to the Authorities.)

i think people focus so much on the parents and the whole case because of the poor girl,not in spite of her. i dont think anybody is forgetting about her here, its out of worry and care for her that they are discussing and following it and hoping the case comes to an end.
    there are some people who just take pleasure in the drama of it all but the majority of poeple genuinely just want her found.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭heidi_ho

I presume the money is theirs. On TV3 this morning they went on for ages talking about money. Gerry McCann said that they wouldn't let them turn it into a charity because it wasn't for people benefit or something to that effect- I was only half listening at that point.

I presume the money is theirs. On TV3 this morning they went on for ages talking about money. Gerry McCann said that they wouldn't let them turn it into a charity because it wasn't for people benefit or something to that effect- I was only half listening at that point.

but if they were found guilty of her murder then surely that money is fraudulent or whatever the technical term would be for it, so what would happen? like could they still keep it? regardless of whether they're in prison or anything...

CK2010 wrote: »
    I dunno if anyone will know the ins and outs of this but something i wondered about the other day is, lets say god forbid it was found out that the McCanns had something to do with her death (not implying they did, just hypothetically- say her body was found and it was proved or whatever)- what exactly would be done with the profits from the book and the Madeleine fund? like would it all lay dormant or could it be transferred to a charity or....?

I believe the Madeleine fund is actually a company, not a charity, so the memorandum and articles of association should contain that information. But I'm not sure. As for the book, well, the profits are going to the Madeleine Fund are they not? Don't know, but would imagine so. If not, there is something not right if the parents benefit from the loss of their daughter.

Intriguing question all the same.

If it's so bad, which it is, why did she write it? You can report me all you like but these are Kate McCanns words. I think you should be reporting them. (to Transworld or more importantly, to the Authorities.)

I don't know why she wrote it, I'm not Kate McCann. I have said now a few times that the words disgust me, and make me sick. Apparently you feel the same way, yet you want to keep on posting them. If its so bad, why do you keep posting it? again and again and again? I have already said that its not the fact that you posted that line, but the fact that you keep posting it that I don't understand. Why do you want to keep on seeing those words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

one thing ive been wondering about.

they said they left the apartment unlocked so that if madeleine woke up again like she did before, she could come out and join them if she wanted. and also in case of a fire.
    now ignoring that this would be crazy with a SWIMMING pool between them and the apartment....
    they also claimed in some interviews that there were child locks on the doors to stop the kids getting out.

so which is true?!

i understand youd get muddled over things but its like.... not making an iota of sense to me.

good point heidi_ho - if we ever get to the truth it could turn out kate didnt know WHAT happened

the more this thread goes on the more i really wish we knew what happened to the poor kid. i just saw a few friends post an aged photo of madeleine on facebook (she loooks 6 or 7)

• Advertisement

I haven't written it. I've just C and P'd it. Madeleine's mother has written it. It makes me feel sick too, that she could write such a thing. Do you not feel sick at the person who wrote it?
    Why should the mods delete something which is an extract from the book we are discussing on this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement