Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

heidi_ho wrote: »
    that same paper reports in the link attached the opposite about the apartment rental
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387281/Madeleine-McCann-flat-rented-4-years-vanished.html

I'm nearly sure the inspector said it hadn't been rented out and commented on how lucky they were about that.

The other thing and it shows the Inspector isn't one sided, he commented on how a big hand print was on one of the windows and it turned out it was a police officer. Another officer wasn't wearing the correct over alls etc. for forensics so the forensics stuff isn't 100% reliable.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

thebullkf wrote: »
    i knew about the mat......hubcap???...:confused:

weird.

Im trying to dig up the source for you. I've done a lot of reading on this and cant remember the source where they mentioned the one of the wheels.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    They allowed the controlling McCann to dominate and dictate, just like he is doing now and seems to get his way no matter what. Its now the turn of Scotland Yard to do his bidding and produce a file that he can edit.

I dont understand as how suspects they were allowed to leave the country. Wouldnt their passports have been taken from them? Or does Portugal not do that? IS this why Europe has such low murder rates? Because they dont conduct investigations they way they should be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

whilst i take that article with a pinch of salt, i read an interesting comment.....
    What’s worrying is that KMC, early morning of 4th May 2007, searched a dumpster, praying (sic). This means that she was looking for a dead child, at least as well. It is a pity they didn’t ask the police to stop the noisy garbage truck (there are many dumpsters) that did its work on that night as every night, except on Sunday.

would this explain the lack of a body, if indeed it was an accident:confused:

cadaver scents off blanket/cloths/t-shirts used to clean up the blood etc...

I genuinely never thought about the garbage truck, i could be wrong but i seem to recall it being mentioned @ the time:confused:

would this explain gerrys arrogance (if involved?) ie he knows that the body hasn't been found by now, and never will... would this also explain their initial quick fast hop back to england...?... in case she was found? (within the first month)

all wild speculation, granted.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

The BBC have been showing a rather appropriate programme tonight for the last hour. It's about criminals who try to cover their tracks and invent stories to cover their murders. It's shown plenty of examples of murderers courting the media, answering 'no comment' during interview, the lengths some went to to destroy evidence, the stories they came up with, etc, etc. You have to question the timing of this airing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I dont understand as how suspects they were allowed to leave the country. Wouldnt their passports have been taken from them? Or does Portugal not do that? IS this why Europe has such low murder rates? Because they dont conduct investigations they way they should be done?

It is thought that suits came from the British Embassy so fast and smoothed things over very quickly.....They appear to be well connected.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    It is thought that suits came from the British Embassy so fast and smoothed things over very quickly.....They appear to be well connected.

Yes they are. Anyone know how?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Yes they are. Anyone know how?

Well there were rumours going around that a political figure, Gordon Brown's brother John was mentioned as partying with this group and the political implications ie a scandal for Gordon at the time were not to be allowed hence the possible cover up and all the political help. It may be all wrong and other reasons may be more accurate but that was going around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

prinz wrote: »
    Another query is Kate's first words.. They've taken her. Who were they? Why not Someone's taken her? Why not Maddie's missing/she's not in her bed/I can't find her? With your first words to get help you already suggest an abduction, not only that but by more than one person.

Must admit, thought that weird myself. If I came home and my Laptop was stolen or something, I would instantly say: "Some fcuker has stolen my laptop" or "Some bastards.." "Someone must have broken in..". What I don't think I would say is: "They've taken my laptop..". Maybe it's just her way of speaking but I do remember her doing that before and then correcting herself. Was on Panorama and she says:
    "They'd been watching us, over a matter of days, I'm sure. Em, you know, they know, em .. you know they must have known, you know that Gerry had just been into the apartment and then .."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Must admit, thought that weird myself. If I came home and my Laptop was stolen or something, I would instantly say: "Some fcuker has stolen my laptop" or "Some bastards.." "Someone must have broken in..". What I don't think I would say is: "They've taken my laptop..". Maybe it's just her way of speaking but I do remember her doing that before and then correcting herself. Was on Panorama and she says:

It seems she was aware of "they" so why would you leave your 3 toddlers alone!

I don't know, that seems very, very odd to me!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Im starting to think these people are on drugs. NOTHING they do or say makes any sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Im starting to think these people are on drugs. NOTHING they do or say makes any sense to me.

+1.

*though i must admit i lol'd when i read that comment:o*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I bear no ill towards the McCanns. Would be made up if Madeleine was found alive. I just can't get my head around how you would leave a child unsupervised in a room/house/car/anywhere else for that matter. Simply defies logic. By virtue of Kate and Gerry being Doctors this implies that we're dealing with two very intelligent people. They seem pleasant and sincere but simply cannot get my head around them trotting off to a nearby restaraunt leaving Madeleine asleep in an unsupervised apartment. I mean people in a domestic situation hire baby sitters for a reason even if there only going to the next door neighbours house.

PS. I'm sick of Twink and her daft spouting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

I think most normal parents would not get a drop of sleep for overturning every stone themsleves.

But then these are not normal people.

That's what I cant understand either :(

How they could sleep at a time like that.

When my friends golden retriever pup broke out a few summers ago, we and some of the neighbours with flash lamps spent hours looking for the little fella.Poor little thing wondered out of the garden, went for a little adventure, must have got scared and hid in the bushes not far from the house.

He was so scared when we found him at about 2am, we were shouting his name for hours, he must have heard ous calling him as he didn't wonder far, I guess he was so scared he didn't even want to budge, just laying there hidden in the long grass and bushes until we found him.

Neighbours and friends who had kids, jobs to go to in the morning etc, spent the early hours of the morning looking for him, I wont forget it.

Anyway I don't believe they checked the kid's at all, once it was past 6 o clock in the evening and they were a sleep, it was Party time!!

Job was done and they could enjoy themselves, if they cried, they cried, they will be fine, they wont die they probably thought :rolleyes:

You wouldn't treat a dog like they treated those kids.They didn't seem to give a **** about them imo.

She probably was abducted as they were probably crying there eyes out every night for hours, some people probably noticed that and knowing they wouldn't check on the kids as they didn't give a ****, took her with help from a staff member.Then maybe not as the door was probably left opened as they were more than likely drunk as they left the apartment.

I would hope Maddie was taken with the help from a member of staff or guest, who couldn't bare listen to that little girl screaming every night and gave her to a couple who couldn't have kids and would cherish that little girl and would never leave her alone in the night ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Squall19 wrote: »

I would hope Maddie was taken with the help from a member of staff or guest, who couldn't bare listen to that little girl screaming every night and gave her to a couple who couldn't have kids and would cherish that little girl and would never leave her alone in the night ever again.

Indeed. It's horrific to realise that that's probably the most optimistic situation that could exist at the moment.

The McCann's are definitely hiding something though, whether they are just trying to downplay how negligent they were in checking on their children or whether it's something more sinister is hard to tell.

I can't understand how they're so vehement that she didn't wander off, especially considering they say they left the door unlocked so the children could escape if there was fire. They expected her to be able to leave the building of her own accord but then say it is not a plausible scenario.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant find a short clip of what I want to post.

But if you are familiar with South Park, the episode in which Butters mother tries to kill him by driving the car into a lake. He's parents then cover the murder up by claiming he was kidnapped by "some Puerto Rican guy".

Anyway, at the end of the episode theirs a v.funny part

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-south-park-butters-very-own-episode/602a82e641f2ed8b6c76

^Its the full episode, but just skip to the 19th minute mark to see what I wanted to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Turpentine wrote: »
    The McCann's are definitely hiding something though, whether they are just trying to downplay how negligent they were in checking on their children or whether it's something more sinister is hard to tell.
    I think that it quite a plausible explanation for the oddness, and certainly much more likely than any of the more sinister interpretations. So no, it's not really that hard to tell, or at least make a reasonable guess. :pac:

But such ho hum explanations won't do some people who want to see deep conspiracies everywhere. I guess there is a little bit of Jim Corr in many of us. :P

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Tubridy: "What do you have to say to those people that think that you were the ones involved in Madeline's disappearance"

Gerry: "Read the book"

Cha ching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DerekWaters

lugha wrote: »
    I think that it quite a plausible explanation for the oddness, and certainly much more likely than any of the more sinister interpretations. So no, it's not really that hard to tell, or at least make a reasonable guess. :pac:

But such ho hum explanations won't do some people who want to see deep conspiracies everywhere. I guess there is a little bit of Jim Corr in many of us. :P

Sure thing boss, believing the findings of the official investigation is hardly the same as a Jim Corr conspiracy. The evidence the police have uncovered points towards a death not an abduction>>>

Thats certainly not to say the child isnt alive somewhere but with such absolute bull**** coming from the mccanns (as witnessed again on the LLS) and their friends for me this is the unliklier scenario of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

You know we could on and on debating and speculating and theorising but the truth is the onlys who know for sure what happened that night are little Madeleine and whoever took/hurt/killed her (parents, abductor or whoever).

I think the only thing we can say for almost 100% sure is that that poor little one is gone and likely was dead that night.

I'd love to believe she's alive but I just feel she is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I think the only thing we can say for almost 100% sure is that that poor little one is gone

*Rips off Gerry McCann mask and outfit to reveal Maddie on stilts beneath*

"I would've got away with it too if it wasn't for those damned sniffer dogs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

mikom wrote: »

You mean, they got away with it in spite of the sniffer dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

mikom wrote: »

Them Pesky Dog's Again!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

From an interview with Amaral in May 2009:

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2011/01/21/goncalo-amaral-in-amsterdam-from-may-2009/

Q: Have you considered the possibility that Madeleine died on the previous night or even when Mrs. Fenn heard the crying?

A: Naturally – the investigation begins with establishing if the person who disappeared, does actually exist and then, who was the last person to see her – the investigation shows clearly that she was last seen around 17.30.

Q: Have you any doubt as to the validity of Madeleine attending the creche on 3/5?

A: No doubt whatsoever.

Q. Do you think the case will definitely be opened soon?

A: We would like it to be reopened, in fact I wrote my book to prevent the shelving of the case, but it did not work out that way, the book actually came out one week after the case was shelved. The counterforces were very strong.

In the political climate of today, there is a movement leaning towards the reopening of the case.

Q: What is the most efficient way for us to help you?

A: To let it be known there is a certain pressure, from the pubic opinion.

Q: So it is useful, then, to write to the Prosecutor?

A: Yes, and also to the Justice Minister and Members of Parliament.

Q: Did the content of the 14 text messages have any relevance to the case?

A: No. But what IS relevant is that they deleted calls from their mobile phones.

Q: If the McCanns had been honest about Madeleine having died in an accidental manner, what would have been the juridical consequences in Portugal?

A: Almost none. A mild punishment for neglect. That is provided the body did not show signs of violence. In England, as in Germany, punishment for neglect of children is more severe.

Q: Do you think the McCanns knew that?

A: They have made a decision very fast. It is well possible they did not know about the law in Portugal, but not that they did not know the law in England.

Q: Are you hoping the McCanns will sue you?

A: Yes! (here he gave a Portugese metaphor about a bullfight, something about having to first entice the bull into the middle of the ring before the fight can start).

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).

Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

A: There is no doubt.
    (Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

Q: What do you think is the meaning of the blood behind the sofa?

A: Possibly from an attempt at resuscitation.

Q: At what time do you think the death has occured, given the fact that cadaver odour needs time to develop?

A: Cadaver odour begins to develop at the moment of death, due to chemical reactions in the body, it is not a matter of hours before it develops, to the nose of a dog which is very sensitive it can be detected very soon. More important is that from the inquiry we know that before the 3rd of May nobody died in the apartment, nor in the car.

Q: There was a story in a newspaper that the dogs followed a trace to the beach, is that true?

A: No. Mark Harrison had made a schedule, a plan, for the dogs, where they should search. They have searched all the apartments, the villa, the cars, the church, the sewer pipes near the church, the beach, fields, but the only traces the dogs found were in the apartments and the car of the McCanns, some clothes, and the soft toy.

Q: Do you think the body was refrigerated?

A: Yes. The bodily fluid in the car show that. If the body had been buried there would have been mummification. The fact that there were fluids points to refrigeration.

Q: Where do you think the body was kept?

A: That is what we were trying to understand when I left the investigation. 15 alleles might not have been conclusive in the eyes of the Public Prosecutor, but for the investigation it was sufficient. The body must have been in the boot of the car. We want to know who drove the car, who was behind the wheel.

Q: Do you know if Gerry is a FreeMason?

A: Police does not investigate such things. It can be he is, but I don’t think it is of significance to the case.

Q: When Justine McGuinness left she did not want to speak to the Portugese press, why not, do you think?

A: In her diary, Kate speaks very badly about Justine.
    (Mrs. Amaral: There were problems between Kate and Justine)

Q: Do you think Justine knew something was not right?

A: I rather think that money was the problem.

Q: The Daily Express mentions that Madeleine’s body could be in the tunnels. What do you think?

A: These tunnels have been investigated, we would have known. Last year an English lady also pointed them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I suppose Amaral is infallible where the McCann's are not?

I'm not saying either way whether I believe him but surely a man who drinks/has 'liquid lunches' while working and beats confessions out of people (deserved though it may have been) is not the most trustworthy, policeman or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

maebee wrote: »

I found the comments towards the bottom of that page far more interesting that that cops impressions of the case. What is it about this guy do you believe is more trustworthy than the McCanns exactly? The fact he was an investigator?just curious ,

PS please don't copy and paste a link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

I found the comments towards the bottom of that page far more interesting that that cops impressions of the case. What is it about this guy do you believe is more trustworthy than the McCanns exactly? The fact he was an investigator?just curious ,

Amaral is not the only "cop" who believes the McCanns are being untruthful. The Final Report of the PJ shows this. There were also British police who agreed with the PJ. Amaral investigated the case and knows more about it than either you or I. That is why I believe him. He has information that we have not had access to. The McCanns have huge inconsistencies in their story, all well documented in this thread. That is why I don't believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

maebee wrote: »
    Amaral is not the only "cop" who believes the McCanns are being untruthful. The Final Report of the PJ shows this. There were also British police who agreed with the PJ. Amaral investigated the case and knows more about it than either you or I. That is why I believe him. He has information that we have not had access to. The McCanns have huge inconsistencies in their story, all well documented in this thread. That is why I don't believe them.

There's probably police all around the world who agree with him just like there is plenty who don't I imagine. But he's hardly credible though? His dismissal/retirement and the fact that , something the McCanns are being slated for , he too has released his own book and dvd to make money. All I'm saying is I cannot understand how yourself and some other posters hang on every word he has said as the gospel truth.

Just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I suppose Amaral is infallible where the McCann's are not?

I'm not saying either way whether I believe him but surely a man who drinks/has 'liquid lunches' while working and beats confessions out of people (deserved though it may have been) is not the most trustworthy, policeman or not?

Amaral is not alone in his doubts ,Look it up and see how many actually have doubts .It includes the PJ and some of the British police too

I am not saying the Mc Canns know what happened simply because I dont know if they do or not .But if you read the various reports they seem to be very inconsitant .Maybe its only a cover for their own failings , ie checking the children too little, sedating the children , etc but it if you tell little lies people will doubt you about bigger issues .

This in addition to odd behaviour like clearing your phone and being so insistant within minutes that you child was taken by them lead people to doubt .One odd thing you look past , two you have a little niggle and three four or five odd little things your doubts increase .
    For example the dumping of a fridge from a rented house and replacing it with a new one is not normal behaviour .There may be a very valid reason for it , but if you add it in with other unusual behaviour it becomes another reason to doubt .

I certainely have an open mind for the very reason that I was not there .Where I dont have an open mind and will be very vociferous about it is that the Mc Canns neglect and lack of care to leave three children in a dangerous position was courting danger and enabling an abduction .If an obduction happened that is .

At risk of repeating myself I will say it again , I would ask the Mc Canns straight out if they had left credit cards, money or jewellery on the table in that apartment that night .I am willing to guess they didnt .

I also am very sceptical about the fact that three small children were asleep by 19;30 at night . I have been on holiday with three kids. One might be tired and asleep early , two is very lucky and to get three down and asleep by 19;30 is a lottery win .So I am more enclined to believe they were helped to settle somehow .
    I am open to the idea that everyone is entitled to an opinion , but if its only based on what the Mc Canns tell you I would maybe dare to say its naive . Their PR is a well oiled machine , available from day 4 of Madeleine going missing . They know how to guide and how to use words that lead and how to sow seeds . But them screaming abduction does not make it a fact for me .
    I base my opinion on what others have to say and how the experts see it to be honest .

I hope little Madeleine did not or does not suffer for a hugely neglectful mistake her parents made .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement