Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For example the dumping of a fridge from a rented house and replacing it with a new one is not normal behaviour .There may be a very valid reason for it , but if you add it in with other unusual behaviour it becomes another reason to doubt .

Any direct link for that anyone please, never read about it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

theboss80 wrote: »
    There's probably police all around the world who agree with him just like there is plenty who don't I imagine. But he's hardly credible though? His dismissal/retirement and the fact that , something the McCanns are being slated for , he too has released his own book and dvd to make money. All I'm saying is I cannot understand how yourself and some other posters hang on every word he has said as the gospel truth.

Just my opinion

Now while he is open to just as much doubt and questioning as the McCanns, he did release the book in full online for free.

The one thing that is interesting about what he says, for me anyway, is that the McCanns took him to court and tried to sue him over what he said about them and the case, and the judge ruled against the McCanns.

Plus the McCanns waited for over a year after the book was released to take any action against him. They did not try to block the release of the book and it was only after it sold well that they came in looking for a million quid in damages.

Also the claims that he had battered a suspect were proven false as well.

He has also continued to say that the McCanns are lying and that the kidnap story was made up, but the McCanns have not tried to take him to court over those comments, their whole case against him was to try and get the money made through high street sales of his book.

I certainly would not take everything he says as truth, but it is odd that the McCanns would go after him for money made in book sales, but not go after him for calling them liars and for saying they had something to do with the child vanishing when they were quick to sue newspapers who said those things in the past.

He was also commenting a few days ago about Scotland Yard reviewing the case and he touched on the political link to the original group at the table, and said that if Scotland Yard get all the info and are allowed to review everything including the political aspects, then the McCanns may bring themselves down by requesting the review.

The man could be all piss and wind, but he seems very confident in how he prods the McCanns with things they have tried to sue others over, yet they don't go after him on those things.

Think he has a second book coming out about the case and what has been said and done over the last four years.

Another thing that may be intersting is that the case has not been registered as a child abduction in England, instead it was registered as a disappearance. Given how adament the McCanns are that it was an abduction, I find it strange that they did not insist that it was that for the UK registration of the case.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Now while he is open to just as much doubt and questioning as the McCanns, he did release the book in full online for free.

Ok fair enough but how many worldwide trips to do interviews has he done since the release of the book , money made due to the book. But didnt the court injunction say he released 12 editions worldwide translations , each edition being 10,000 copies and that it was sold out in each area of sale?

Ok fair enough but how many worldwide trips to do interviews has he done since the release of the book , money made due to the book. But didnt the court injunction say he released 12 editions worldwide translations , each edition being 10,000 copies and that it was sold out in each area of sale?

I never said he made no money from the book. I just pointed out the free version of it that was available for anyone who did not want to line his pockets.

He could have just as easily not put out the free version in the hope that some of the people who downloaded the free book would buy it instead.

I don't take everything the man says as fact, just as I don't take everything the McCanns take as fact regardless of how much they claim everyone bar them has to be wrong.

I think that there are a lot of people who do fall into the trap of having to believe everything the McCanns say, or having to disbelieve everything they say whilst believing everything bad said about them. Not saying this about you, but there are plenty even on this thread that seem to lean towards one of those types.

Amaral is not alone in his doubts ,Look it up and see how many actually have doubts .It includes the PJ and some of the British police too

I am not saying the Mc Canns know what happened simply because I dont know if they do or not .But if you read the various reports they seem to be very inconsitant .Maybe its only a cover for their own failings , ie checking the children too little, sedating the children , etc but it if you tell little lies people will doubt you about bigger issues .

This in addition to odd behaviour like clearing your phone and being so insistant within minutes that you child was taken by them lead people to doubt .One odd thing you look past , two you have a little niggle and three four or five odd little things your doubts increase .
    For example the dumping of a fridge from a rented house and replacing it with a new one is not normal behaviour .There may be a very valid reason for it , but if you add it in with other unusual behaviour it becomes another reason to doubt .
    I certainely have an open mind for the very reason that I was not there .Where I dont have an open mind and will be very vociferous about it is that the Mc Canns neglect and lack of care to leave three children in a dangerous position was courting danger and enabling an abduction .If an obduction happened that is .

At risk of repeating myself I will say it again , I would ask the Mc Canns straight out if they had left credit cards, money or jewellery on the table in that apartment that night .I am willing to guess they didnt .

I also am very sceptical about the fact that three small children were asleep by 19;30 at night . I have been on holiday with three kids. One might be tired and asleep early , two is very lucky and to get three down and asleep by 19;30 is a lottery win .So I am more enclined to believe they were helped to settle somehow .
    I am open to the idea that everyone is entitled to an opinion , but if its only based on what the Mc Canns tell you I would maybe dare to say its naive . Their PR is a well oiled machine , available from day 4 of Madeleine going missing . They know how to guide and how to use words that lead and how to sow seeds . But them screaming abduction does not make it a fact for me .
    I base my opinion on what others have to say and how the experts see it to be honest .

I hope little Madeleine did not or does not suffer for a hugely neglectful mistake her parents made .

The fridge thing I have heard mentioned a few times, and Amaral has commented a few times that he thought the body was put into a fridge.

If it was something that could be proven or that is already on record as being done the day of the child going missing or very close to it, then it would be a very strange coincidence indeed.

• Advertisement

Yeah you are right there, its not as black and white as most people assume. I believe we might never know the whole facts of the case. I find it very hard to take some peoples assumptions of the McCanns on here, but hey that's their opinion. There's just something not right about Amaral i think. Hope we do find out after this review by SY seeing as Amaral siad it is the British police who had new evidence before he did. And surely he can make an approach SY to make a statement.

Just did a search online, and what is coming up is talk that Gerry supposedly mentions on his holiday blog that there was a faulty fridge and he replaced it without telling the owner of the apartment/house, and dumped the old one in a tip he found a number of miles away.

Then there are mentions of how he deleted it from his blog when it drew attention.

Will have another look around online to see if there is a screenshot anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Silver Moon

I found the comments towards the bottom of that page far more interesting that that cops impressions of the case. What is it about this guy do you believe is more trustworthy than the McCanns exactly? The fact he was an investigator?just curious ,

PS please don't copy and paste a link

During the court case that occurred in Lisbon in January 2010 it became quite clear that virtually every Portugese and British police officer involved in this investigation has reached the same conclusion as Goncalo Amaral.

The McCanns have tried to paint him as a 'rogue cop', but it is quite evident that he is not - that doesn't inherently mean he is right, but he is clearly not a fool. Unlike the British media, he didn't back down when threatened by the full force of Team McCann and he won his legal battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

cournioni wrote: »
    Tubridy: "What do you have to say to those people that think that you were the ones involved in Madeline's disappearance"

Gerry: "Read the book"

Cha ching!

That is really what its all about, selling a book after spending the last four years selling the image of their child, photos, eye blemish, armbands, ribbons, trinkets. interviews.....now its the book. Film to follow no doubt, then whatever. Since the Portuguese copper eventually managed to lift the block on his book imposed by the McCanns, the McCanns now can peddle theirs in response. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It was said at the time that Gerry had written it in his blog about a fridge breaking down and he brought it to the local dump;He later removed the mentioning of it from his site .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The parents had something to do with it, even if it's just negligence. That is still having something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It was said at the time that Gerry had written it in his blog about a fridge breaking down and he brought it to the local dump;He later removed the mentioning of it from his site .

I've followed the Madeline story quite closely, but that passed me right by. Is that genuine 100% confirmed? That would be a massive hurdle to overcome in believing he had nothing to do with the child's disappearance. Some coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The funny thing is, if this true the fridge was not his to dispose of or his responsibility. Would a holiday maker get rid of a faulty fridge in a rented apartment and not just ask for a replacement. I read the accounts of the fridge early on in the case like many others. It all makes no difference now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The best place to hide is in full view of everyone. Think about that for a minute.

Off topic, but can someone please tell me how to post a "quick reply", the legend says click on one of the "quick reply icons above", but I must be dope, I cannot find one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The best place to hide is in full view of everyone. Think about that for a minute.

Off topic, but can someone please tell me how to post a "quick reply", the legend says click on one of the "quick reply icons above", but I must be dope, I cannot find one!!!

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

never heard the fridge thing before but it says something.
    if gerry did post on his blog briefly about it - you can explain that away as innocent but you could explain away most of the discrepencies and circumstantial evidence if you tackle the evidence one by one. but when you put it all together its harder to dismiss. this is the point for most people on the fence it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The-Rigger wrote: »
    here

Thanks, you have just confirmed what a dope I am. Doh. But I will learn from this experience, and grow stronger :p

Has anybody got a link or screenshot of this fridge blog post, i genuinely never heard of anything about it before today. Kinda need to see it for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭heidi_ho

heidi_ho wrote: »

I dont know when abouts he did this? is it before days 102 I wonder? must be?

• Advertisement

I dont know when abouts he did this? is it before days 102 I wonder? must be?

supposedly it was edited out.

i googled looking for info on it but so far only see references

Aishae wrote: »
    supposedly it was edited out.

i googled looking for info on it but so far only see references

On this link what he says about day 44 is appaulling, consjdering Madeline is their daughter and family too! How could they enjoy a family with her gone like that! these people are not well!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Good god, that's the first time I've heard of anything to do with them dumping a fridge!

If that was true, coupled with everything else that I've read about the case, I would find it very hard to believe they didn't have something to do with the disappearance.

That's just too unfortunate to be a coincidence. Also, why would someone in his situation blog about something so apparently mundane unless he knew it would be a big issue and wanted to be the first to set the agenda? By extension, if he knew it would be a big issue, why not just get the landlord to replace it?

I have yet to see any evidence of this fridge speculation though, if someone could post a link to where they saw it originally that would be most appreciated.

On this link what he says about day 44 is appaulling, consjdering Madeline is their daughter and family too! How could they enjoy a family with her gone like that! these people are not well!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

to be fair they do need to keep up some semblence of family for the twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

They must be the masters of manipulation. From bad parenting they manage to get a book deal and everyone feel sorry for them and not even a slap on the wrist.

Aishae wrote: »
    to be fair they do need to keep up some semblence of family for the twins.

if you read down that page through all the blogs it just seemed like everything was back to normal family life for them after a week.. I don;t know but if it was my child missing I couldn't enjoy happy family days. Its different for me though i only have one child and seriously wouldn't know how to hold it together if i had more in a situation like that. Maybe they were doing the right thing i guess... i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

if you read down that page through all the blogs it just seemed like everything was back to normal family life for them after a week.. I don;t know but if it was my child missing I couldn't enjoy happy family days. Its different for me though i only have one child and seriously wouldn't know how to hold it together if i had more in a situation like that. Maybe they were doing the right thing i guess... i dont know.

tbf i reckon if they were to constantly refer to Madeleine and not return to any sort of normality with the twins they'd get people saying they were wrong for not caring about the children they still have. damned if they do...

CK2010 wrote: »
    tbf i reckon if they were to constantly refer to Madeleine and not return to any sort of normality with the twins they'd get people saying they were wrong for not caring about the children they still have. damned if they do...

i can understand that... i just got carried away with how i'd be... like i said different cos i've only one.

anyways the mention of the fridge arent on that website but G McCann did say some newspaper printed all his blogs up to about day 27 so could be on one of their websites..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The funny thing is, if this true the fridge was not his to dispose of or his responsibility. Would a holiday maker get rid of a faulty fridge in a rented apartment and not just ask for a replacement. I read the accounts of the fridge early on in the case like many others. It all makes no difference now I guess.

i never heard about the fridge. .. surely this is false:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek:

if its true... lemme get this straight:

he paid for a replacement fridge.

but wouldn't pay for a fucking babysitter:mad::mad::mad:

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Okay, you have all had ample time to view the evidence, I'm gonna have to ask you all to retire for deliberation at this point in proceedings. Unanimous verdict will not be required given the fact that almost half of after hours are certifiably insane, so a Majority verdict will be acceptable and must be reached by midday tomorrow. Thread adjourned ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement