Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Silver Moon

hot off the press...

In an interview with the Portuguese magazine Sabado, Kate admitted she still feels guilty when she laughs about something. She said: “I’ve managed to appreciate life a lot more now. The feeling of guilt has diminished as well.
    “We will always regret not having been there to help Madeleine but we cannot change things now.

“I still feel a little guilt when I laugh but not as much as I did. I have learned to accept it’s not bad to be happy.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

maebee wrote: »
    This is the blog of a top Criminal profiler. She's a regular on CNN. It's just her opinion.
    Self proclaimed criminal profiler you mean. Has she any specific qualifications? Has she served or even trained in any area of law enforcement? She seems to be just a hack to me, and not a very good one at that. And she accuses the McCanns of narcissism!!!

I have heard some people, ex police officers and the like who can offer interesting insights and opinions on this sorry case. But this lady aint one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    thebullkf what youll find with more or less professional mccann haters like maebee is that, any crackpot/axe murderer/registered sex offenders who can do a bit of two-fingered typing and who apparently concur with the mccann hating mantra are considered to be terribly important influential people. mr Anthony Bennett for example a disgraced solicitor, and hilariously once a rather dimwitted actress who apparently appeared in Coronation Street (her name escapes me but if pushed i could dig up her incredibly literate well thought out (not)magazine article, funny we dont hear much from her these days). Naturally, genuinely prominent journalists and commentators, the vast majority almost without fail of whom are sympathetic towards the mccanns, are all idiots, in the pay of the mccanns or child neglecters themselves. it really is quite genuinely hilarious, if it wasnt so shockingly sick and cruel and inhuman. your wasting your time arguing here. they have all made literally thousands of posts repeating the same toxic mantra of forum myths and 1/2 truths and lies, trolling the internet day and night for madeleine mccann discussions in chat rooms such as this one. if you check the posters particulars most will only have registered with a board as soon as a mccann thread starts. its amazing really. the mother ship of these posters is a website you will find if you google the fact that madeleine is missing, but you need a strong stomach as the vile outpourings of bile daily for years now are absolutely horrific. no point in attempting to register, any dissenting voices are immediately rounded on, bullied mercilessly, before incurring a ban. mods and posters have included, as mentioned before, a remorseless convicted self confessed axe murderer. (he murdered his landlady with an axe, i think ,because she asked him to put out the bins, or somesuch... lovely guy). a convicted paedophile and several other clearly sadly disturbed individuals. if you pop over there right now you will discover a very lively thread discussing the apparently very real possibility that poor little madeleine was in fact a clone!?! I kid you not! but as i said, strong stomach needed,vile stuff indeed. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I am not a McCann hater. I am just someone who became interested in the case in May 2003 when I saw the McCanns out jogging days after their daughter disappeared whilst all around them were searching. I just couldn't believe it and I thought that something was not right. It has since been proven that they have not been truthful. I choose to believe the police rather than the McCanns. That does not make me a hater.

maebee

BTW, I have been a member of boards since 2003.

It has since been proven that they have not been truthful. I choose to believe the police rather than the McCanns.
    They could be telling lies but still not be involved in their daughters disappearance.

Wasn't this guy Malinka found to have lied about when he had contacted Murat. Does it now follow that he is a child abductor? Case closed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I am not a McCann hater. I am just someone who became interested in the case in May 2003 when I saw the McCanns out jogging days after their daughter disappeared whilst all around them were searching. I just couldn't believe it and I thought that something was not right. It has since been proven that they have not been truthful. I choose to believe the police rather than the McCanns. That does not make me a hater.

maebee

BTW, I have been a member of boards since 2003.
    been proven by whom?
    when were they not truthful?
    By not truthfull i presume you mean they lied, give examples please maebee?
    So because the McCanns went jogging in the days after their daughters disappearance, and this was something you feel you would not do yourself, and you felt irked that the McCanns were not adhering to the strict protocol of behavior for stricken parents as laid down by observers and arbiters of human behavior such as yourself, a protocol incidentally so ably demonstrated by one Karen Mathews a short time later(cheered and applauded, lauded and fawned over by McCann haters everywhere, she became your poster girl and we all know how that ended up 8 years for Karen at HMP), you decide that it was The Parents Wotdunit, and despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, wave upon wave of it in actual fact, you will stick with this decision, for no other reason than your conviction that Maebee is never wrong. All the while helping to pour more misery on these people who you have never met, will never meet and who have never done anything to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Great Read thank's for the Link:)

I have got to say I think this Lady Pat, Has Kate McCannn off perfectly imho...I don't agree with some who think she is this Weeping Willow tree all Shy & Butter really wouldn't melt in my Mouth.! :confused:

I'm so glad i'm not the only person who see's Mrs M in this light this is only my Opinion which mean's Nothing I know...Just seeing someone else put it all out their has made me realize maybe just Maybe i'm not as stupid as some would like to think... :onot that i'm saying anyone here has suggested such a Thing:o

I still can't get out my head these Timelines...:confused: What i'm trying to say is I really don't believe any of it tbh...I think these Children we're left alone from their Parent's Leaving for their evening Meal until their return at whatever time that was??!

Also wasn't there one of the Friend's Husband who stayed at the Apartment because his Child was Sick? Does anyone know how far apart his Apartment was from the MCS?! I ask for the reason wouldn't he have Heard someone supposedly Tinkering with the Shutter's? They are hardly know for being well Oiled & yes I am refering to the Shutter's with the Well Oiled Comment:eek:

Yes he was meant to be staying with his child all night because that child was meant to be very ill and was throwing up etc.

But his statement shows that he left his child, which was described in the staement as being very ill, and came down to the table just before ten to start drinking.

So he is another that would have had to pass the area the apartment was in and also on the route the others claimed to use for checking, and he would be another person the supposed abductor would have had to avoid if the adbuction took place within the timeline that the McCanns say is the only possible one.

So not only would the adbuctor have had to avoid the stream of checks that was meant to have been going on, the abductor would have had to be able to avoid Gerry who was stopped with Jeremy Wilkins in the lane, which would have been an unplanned stop and one that would have changed any routine the abductor could have observed from previous nights.

The other friend coming back from his very sick child is another factor that would have broken the routine as well.

Amazing how all of them managed to be at the table as witnesses for each other for when Kate McCann raised the alarm.

How the abductor managed to do as the McCanns claimed he/she did in such a tiny window of time is beyond me.

The abductor is claimed to have entered the room, had time to administer drugs to all three children, open the window, then open the shutter and get out despite Gerry checking on the apartment, Oldfield checking on the apartment, Tanner being in the area at random, Gerry stopping at Random to talk to wilkins, and the other friend coming back supposedly at random to join the table.

So even if an abductor had been watching their checking routines if the checks were indeed done every night, there were a lot of people moving about that night at times that broke the routine, making it even harder for the abductor to have done what was claimed by people. Claims that make no sense seeing as the people were meant to be at a table hundreds of feet away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

lugha wrote: »
    They could be telling lies but still not be involved in their daughters disappearance.
    :

Why lie if you want your daughter to have every chance of being found?

been proven by whom?
    when were they not truthful?
    By not truthfull i presume you mean they lied, give examples please maebee?

The very first of their many lies began with them saying that the shutters were jemmied when it was proven that they were not.

If you have a look here: http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic13624.html
    you will see where there are many discrepancies between what Kate McCann says in her book and what she and her friends said in their police statments. I know it's a long thread, 36 pages I think but you will find answers to your questions there. There are also many examples of their lies on this (boards) thread. Sorry I don't have time to go through it now as I'm off to get ready for lunch and party for my 25th wedding anniversay today. I'll return here this evening if I'm not too :D Wrong smilie but I think you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The very first of their many lies began with them saying that the shutters were jemmied when it was proven that they were not.

If you have a look here: http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic13624.html
    you will see where there are many discrepancies between what Kate McCann says in her book and what she and her friends said in their police statments. I know it's a long thread, 36 pages I think but you will find answers to your questions there. There are also many examples of their lies on this (boards) thread. Sorry I don't have time to go through it now as I'm off to get ready for lunch and party for my 25th wedding anniversay today. I'll return here this evening if I'm not too :D Wrong smilie but I think you know what I mean.
    Why do you think themccanfiles blog is some kind of official governmemt backed cache of information!?! its not! its another mccann haters blog carefully and cleverly disguised as official document. maybe you genuinely dont realise that. I look forward later on to you producing genuine links to proven instances were the McCanns lied. i hope you enjoy your 25th wedding anniversary party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

deco nate wrote: »
    what?!
    where????!really?dont just leave it at that!

Ha, I'm searching as we speak!

Haven't really weighed in on this, but I suspected them from the second day when I'd heard their mental version of events. I think pete hit the nail on the head a few posts back when he said they're only getting attention because of the demented story they're telling. No pun intended, but it really does sound like an episode of lost. Here's how we know they were involved:
    • Their ever-changing version of events is insane.
    • They have said that they never once physically searched for Madeleine. They instead went jogging, and had a few jokes at the back of a church with their mates.
    • Creepy Gerry's answer to finding her was to hire a team of lawyers - madeleine's uncle himself said that the fund was for legal fees.
    • The forensic evidence (I'd need to see it now so I wouldn't seal up the case with it yet) is damning if 15/19 allelles were present on an LCN test from the car they rented three weeks after she went AWOL - contrary to what some people are saying, this is enough to prove it was madeleine's DNA.
    • The fact that Gerry steps in every time Kate starts talking - he seems terrified she'll slip up, and can't hack any lull in conversation, he has to fill any silences with marketing-executive style bullshít.
    • Kate's insistence that the reason for the cadaverine presence on the child's teddy was because kate "used to take it to work, and i had it with me when i was examining corpses", what an absolute crock of shyte!
    • Kat rabbiting about the window being opened by the 'abductor' with only her fingerprints being found on it, depite her insistence that she'd never touched it. Also, only Kate's fingerprints were said to be found on the shutter - last week on Ryan Rubbery, Creepy Gerry said he was at the shutters to confirm that they had been opened from outside.
    They are a pair of sociopathic cúnts, and it will be their own mouths that catch them out in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Is there any hope at all that they will be subjected to lie detector tests before any further funds are pumped into the 'Find Madeleine' PR machine?

What was the last time anyone saw Madeleine - as in a witness, not just the McCann's friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What was the last time anyone saw Madeleine - as in a witness, not just the McCann's friends?
    17;30 I think is the time she was collected from the creche in the complex .Even there the stories dont match ,So weird ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

:mad: Strange things the McCanns have said and done

Asked to comment on his reaction at learning that Madeleine had been abducted, Dr Gerald McCann said: ‘It was like being told you were overdrawn on your student loan”.

Unlike most couples who lose a dear child, they did not cling to their other two children. Others cared for them while they flew round the world to meet the Pope, visit the U.S. and do TV interviews.

and bring a teddy to work with her .....
    jesus she would'nt even bring her babies with her when she went out to eat tapas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Self proclaimed criminal profiler you mean. Has she any specific qualifications? Has she served or even trained in any area of law enforcement? She seems to be just a hack to me, and not a very good one at that. And she accuses the McCanns of narcissism!!!

I have heard some people, ex police officers and the like who can offer interesting insights and opinions on this sorry case. But this lady aint one of them.

Haven't you seen the number of cases he's solved? He should be given his own tv show.

I remember when Madeleine was reported missing and Kate was carrying the toy with her everywhere. Maybe she did have it sticking out of her handbag when she went to inspect dead bodies. :rolleyes:

What a crock of s*ite.

Why aren't they being given lie detector tests? Surely at this point there is so much speculation that if they had nothing to hide they'd have no problem just doing them. Can they be told they have to take them?

Why lie if you want your daughter to have every chance of being found?
    What specific "lies" are you referring to? Are you suggesting that the various accounts that they and their friend have given which are contradictory and conflicting constitutes lying? If so I think you would have to similarly regard almost every eyewitness account ever provided. It is widely accepted that eyewitness accounts can be very unreliable. In fact I cited a case earlier where the witnesses, who actually committed the crime, first drew attention to themselves precisely because their recollection from interview to interview was unwavering and experienced officers identified this as suspicious.

In the same vein, do you not think that if there had been a conspiracy involving the McCanns and their friends they might have taken a couple of minutes to hammer out a plausible, and consistent, account of where everyone was? Or do you think they decided: “OK, if A is asked, the meeting lasted for 30 seconds. But B is to say it went on for 30 minutes! :pac:” Surely such muddled testimonies, from people who had been drinking, is evidenced that the didn’t conspire?

There is certainly a whiff of something about the collective tales from the McCanns and their friends, but that does not mean they are concealing a death. If nothing else, they must surely have felt an urge to play down their poor parenting decisions and may have decided, rightly or wrongly, that this would not materially affect the search for their daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

What specific "lies" are you referring to? Are you suggesting that the various accounts that they and their friend have given which are contradictory and conflicting constitutes lying?

I wasn't referring to any lies. I was replying directly to this:

Maybe you were referring to lies completely disconnected from the case?

Because, surely parents that weren't involved with the disappearance wouldn't have any reason to lie about what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

At this point I think we are just arguing ourselves in circles.

It is clear that some people have chosen to blame the McCanns and them only and they will not be disuaded from that idea by anyone and will refuse to accept any other scenario as possible. In fact to me it is almost as if they want the McCanns to be responsible.

I'll say it again; No-one, myself included, is saying Kate and Gerry were right to leave the babies alone and of course had they been there the risks would have dramatically less. But if an abduction took place, the abductor or abductors alone are responsible commiting the act, not the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

[
    QUOTE=AudreyHepburn;72356606]At this point I think we are just arguing ourselves in circles.

yes we are, everyone has their own opinion on it, be it right or wrong.
    It is clear that some people have chosen to blame the McCanns and them only and they will not be disuaded from that idea by anyone and will refuse to accept any other scenario as possible. In fact to me it is almost as if they want the McCanns to be responsible.

I personally think they are responsible in some way.
    I'll say it again; No-one, myself included, is saying Kate and Gerry were right to leave the babies alone and of course had they been there the risks would have dramatically less. But if an abduction took place, the abductor or abductors alone are responsible commiting the act, not the parents.

If the children were not alone Madeline would be with her parents today.

• Advertisement

I'd love for the McCanns to be found responsible if indeed they are involved. Why should they be allowed to get away with it?

I think the majority of people on here are open to a variety of scenarios that involve guilt on behalf of the parents - and that's because of the way the McCanns have refused to clear their names with lie detector tests and plenty of other reasons.

The whole thing is as dodgy as hell and I really hope we see the day when the story of what actually happened comes out.

I'd love for the McCanns to be found responsible if indeed they are involved. Why should they be allowed to get away with it?

I think the majority of people on here are open to a variety of scenarios that involve guilt on behalf of the parents - and that's because of the way the McCanns have refused to clear their names with lie detector tests and plenty of other reasons.

The whole thing is as dodgy as hell and I really hope we see the day when the story of what actually happened comes out.

Sadly I genuinely dont think we ever will know . I would love the truth to come out , love to see someone be found guilty , love to see a happy ending .But I doubt very very much that little Madeleine is happily sitting on a swing waiting to be saved and I also doubt that the truth will ever be told . I think that even if someone took Madeleine and even if she was alive she was a liability as her face was everywhere and so well known that noone would risk holding her . Sad though that is I only hope Madeleine didnt suffer and died that night and is safe in heaven .

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chicke

Very interesting read.started reading this thread to see how people felt the devastated mccanns were coping after the abduction of their daughter!
    And I have been shocked by what I read here and elsewhere

Did mccanns definitely have patio unlocked from their first evidence or did it suddenly just pop inti their heads when it was discovered that the bedroom window couldn't be opened from outside?

Anyone know about when gmcgann replaced the old fridge with the new one?
    Wasn't there supposed to be a fridge in the crypt in the church that they had keys to.anyone know what kind of search was done on church

Also read recently about a local priest who had originally been very supportive and later felt' betrayed' by the mcganns.read that he took dons all the missing Maddie pics.just wondering was there a confession made to a catholic priest at all!!

Chicke wrote: »
    Wasnt
    Was so ..................:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

those two sentences do not marry.

The McCanns knowingly/unknowingly Facilitated the disappearance of their daughter.

The sole responsibility lies with the parents, why/how?

through the factual evidence presented- i.e. leaving 3 infants unaccompanied.

@ the risk of repeatedly repeating myself,and the majority (i think) of other posters here, its that simple.

How can you not see that, it seems you believe they are innocent and didn't create this environment for alleged abduction and
    will refuse to accept any other scenario as possible

They're responsible,regardless .

i agree this thread is revisiting old territory, i hope the truth eventually surfaces.

Why do you think themccanfiles blog is some kind of official governmemt backed cache of information!?! its not! its another mccann haters blog carefully and cleverly disguised as official document. maybe you genuinely dont realise that. I look forward later on to you producing genuine links to proven instances were the McCanns lied. i hope you enjoy your 25th wedding anniversary party.

The link I gave you was not to the mccanfiles blog. The link I gave you was to the maddiecasefiles. It seems that no matter what link I give you, you find fault with it. Theses sites are not hate sites. They are sites where Portuguese speakers have translated the Official Police files from Portuguese to English. They are there to be read by people who are interested in the case and wish to be informed of all the facts. Here: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/ you will find all the official documents in the case, translated. They are not cleverly disguised as you say. These are the documents from the police files. Choose to ignore it if you want but these are the facts of the case.

I have been following the case of missing Madeleine Beth McCann since May 2007 and I believe that there was no abductor and that Madeleine died in the apartment and her body was disposed of. My belief is that it could not be presented for autopsy. Google the Gaspars statements.

I hope that one day there will be justice for this little girl, abandoned night after night by her parents.

If I am wrong and it's proven that her parents had no part in her disappearance, I will publically apologise to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

The Golden Question, From what I understand it's Either 5:30 Pm OR 5:25 pm, take your pick...Like everything in this Whole Fiasco nothing fit's anywhere & No one seem's to have the same Timelines for Anything! Even though when the Police Arrived they had been written down for them Especially Courtesey of MR & MRS themselves, How kind!

Interesting Point in one of the Paper's Today, The MCS are supposed to be in Portugal obviously to talk about Their Grubby Little Book:rolleyes:

Strange don't you think considering it was far to Painfull to go back to look for their Precious Daughter...Yet they didn't have any such Pain trying to block the Police officer from keeping his Book on the Shelves? & Also not forgetting they are doing just what the Police Officer did right NOW!;)

Seem's to me the Difference being the £ Sign of this makes all the Difference.

Poor Maddie didn't stand a Chance.!

Personally I think the Timelines are the Key no doubt in my Mind on that i'm afraid!

As for the Comment's regarding this Case & ppl being interested. Why is anyone on this Board Discussing this Case if they're not interested? & That includes all Member's on this Thread including the very Person who made such a Long Post dissing other Poster's for the very same thing YOU are doing! Bit Hypocritical I would say..Anyway Moving along them Pesky Dog's & Timelines just won't go away! Anyone for Tennis?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

The link I gave you was not to the mccanfiles blog. The link I gave you was to the maddiecasefiles. It seems that no matter what link I give you, you find fault with it. Theses sites are not hate sites. They are sites where Portuguese speakers have translated the Official Police files from Portuguese to English. They are there to be read by people who are interested in the case and wish to be informed of all the facts. Here: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/ you will find all the official documents in the case, translated. They are not cleverly disguised as you say. These are the documents from the police files. Choose to ignore it if you want but these are the facts of the case.

I have been following the case of missing Madeleine Beth McCann since May 2007 and I believe that there was no abductor and that Madeleine died in the apartment and her body was disposed of. My belief is that it could not be presented for autopsy. Google the Gaspars statements.

I hope that one day there will be justice for this little girl, abandoned night after night by her parents.

If I am wrong and it's proven that her parents had no part in her disappearance, I will publically apologise to them.

Foot & Mouth Spring to mind here this Poster only had to click the Link to see this...All there written in all it's Glory for anyone to Read...This is the Problem with this Case & discussing it, Some poster's don't mind Pointing out they think your a Complete Nut Job for being Interested in this Case...However while doing so they make themselves look even more Stupid than they already are....Arn't they doing the Very Samething? You really just couldn't make it up.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I only hope Madeleine didnt suffer and died that night and is safe in heaven .

Safe in heaven with the God who along with her parents abandoned her. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There is certainly a whiff of something about the collective tales from the McCanns and their friends, but that does not mean they are concealing a death. If nothing else, they must surely have felt an urge to play down their poor parenting decisions and may have decided, rightly or wrongly, that this would not materially affect the search for their daughter.

I'd say everybody agrees with that, at the bare minimum, even Audrey and mrsbyrne! To me statements were "economical with the truth" to make it look like checks took place much more than they did that night.

Tbh I still think the McCann's are in denial of their negligence and the Lenihanesque "sure nobody saw this coming" line facilitates their denial.

After that we probably will never know, which is why people read into the rest of it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement