Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended PSU

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've come to the conclusion (i hope) that my psu is causing my computer to constantly freeze. My spec is as follows, could anyone recommend a decent psu please, no budget.

Intel Quadcore Q9550 2.83GHz Processor
    XFX 750iSLi Motherboard
    6 Gig DDR2 800MHZ RAM
    Seagate 300Gig SATA Hatd Drive
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 280 (1 Gig DDR3) Grafix Card
    Antec 900 Ultimate Gamers Case
    22X DVD Rewriter
    Windows 7 Home Premium (Genuine)
    Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Cheers

Cherrytaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

SuperFlower Amazon 550W would be a perfect for you. Great price on them too

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30069&agid=1628

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Only problem is that you'll be paying €30 for shipping with HWV, not good for only one item.

For just a single item, amazon have a few PSUs that are not bad.
    XFX 650W is modular and will be about €90 (free shipping). There's cheaper, non-modular ones which would also do the job finen

Scan charge £12.34 for shipping here but have good deals if you look at the today only page, but make sure that you click the "buy" button on the page itself. The deals don't change until midday Monday.
    The 600W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold for £63.59 looks like a good deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah if you can spot a few more items on HWVS that you want to splash out on, then its defintely worth getting the SuperFlower. Or ask if there's anyone around that would like to split the shipping.

Buying a single PSU means you are going to end up getting ripped off to some extent.

Forgot about that shipping charge, ouch !

That CM unit is a good'un alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What PSU do you have at the moment, and why do you think that it's what's causing the problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Thanks all.

My psu at present is this as below and have been told its not a recognisable brand.

High Power Plus 650W

Model: Hp-650-G14C

I've looked at temps, memory etc and it seems like the only thing left. The computer is almost unusable now due to constant stalling/freezing.

I went ahead and got his off scan

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-xfx-xxx-edition-modular-80-plus-bronze-85-eff-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-135mm-fan

It allows paypal so was the handiest for me.

Hopefully it will do the trick!

I can never remember if that XFX unit is CWT or Seasonic based, either way its a great unit, will serve you well, much better than that High Power unit anyway :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Deano12345 wrote: »
    I can never remember if that XFX unit is CWT or Seasonic based, either way its a great unit, will serve you well, much better than that High Power unit anyway :p

Seasonic I believe.

Advertisement