Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the Best Weedkiller

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Which is the best Weedkiller for Nettles prefably one that does the job once

Any help or clues????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Casaron G if it's still legal, if not round-up will do a reasonable job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

need something effective

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Used RoundUp Bioactive (B&Q).

Worked great killed everything, about 2 weeks though.

Loads of the real hardcore weedkiller has been banned in the last few years by the EU ;-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Make your own but have it heated before application, spray on a hot, sunny day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

and do u have to heat it up

heard it does kill tops of weeds but not the perennials with deep roots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Well, before you spray at least get a meal out of it - heres a nettle soup recipe

I found that a heated version of the home made weedkiller was very effective.
    I feel it's a question of when you spray - sunny day, midday.

Some will come back, they always do, but it has worked well for me with nettle, briar and to a lesser extent japanese knotweed over the last two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I find "Pathclear" kills pretty much everything for 6 months- if it's a bunch of nettles in an unused part of the garden, then it's fine for that- if not, then use some of the other products mentioned above- pathclear is not supposed to be used on lawns/beds etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I find Gallup works just as well as Roundup but is much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Squiggle wrote: »
    I find Gallup works just as well as Roundup but is much cheaper.

Its exactly the same formula for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

There's a Roundup XL gun out now. It kills nettles and briars including roots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

faolteam wrote: »
    Which is the best Weedkiller for Nettles prefably one that does the job once

Any help or clues????
    there is stuff called "nettleban" you will probably have to get in a builders merchants or farmers co-op place. brilliant stuff for nettles,might be a tad expensive,:)

Advertisement