Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Tablets and Ipad

• 06-05-2011 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

I want to get a PC tablet and was wondering what are the best ones to get?

I want one mostly because they're light and handy for carrying around and I like the idea of holding it in my hand, as opposed to netbooks.

I need it to be;

1. Under 350 (preferably)
    2. Can write word documents or word compatible documents on it
    3. Can easily connect to a college server, I understand that this might not be able to be answered
    4. will easily file share with a Windows 7 laptop
    5. and lastly, has a decent enough keyboard for taking notes

I really like the ipad and the first one is very cheap, but I think that this may not be supported by my college network.

So is there any reliable tablets that will be compatible with my Windows 7 laptop for file sharing.

Thank you very much in advance.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1. under 350? that rules out the ipad unless you get a second hand 1st gen.

a guy in work has the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 and it's pretty good; and that's coming from someone who owns the best quality tablet out there - iPad 2. *waits to be flamed *

2. any tablet can do this really, i wouldn't want to be typing anymore than one A4 page on ANY tablet not without the aid of a physical keyboard.

3. What do you mean by college network? is it just the wifi or are you doing something fancy like VPN/tunnelling etc?

4. ipad's do all their syncing through iTunes, android tablets they connect as external storage.

5. this is a sore point, i believe there is no better on screen keyboard than that of iphone/ipad, others hate it. the keyboard depends on the tablet size really. android has the advantage of if you don't like the stock keyboard you can install custom ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

1. Under 350 (preferably)
    this would be hard to get
    2. Can write word documents or word compatible documents on it
    Lets be honest here. Tablet is not a work horse, ok for quick email or tweet or facebook update but anything longer on screen keyboard is just not good.
    3. Can easily connect to a college server, I understand that this might not be able to be answered
    this depends on what system is used. if you need to login and authenticate to domain controller then forget about it.
    4. will easily file share with a Windows 7 laptop
    use dropbox , its the easiest way to transfer the files and keep them up to date
    5. and lastly, has a decent enough keyboard for taking notes
    You are out of luck here... unless you buy add on keyboard but then you be better of with netbook.

Advertisement