Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs seminar letterkenny

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

heard on highland about a jobs seminar in LK on may 9th, regarding jobs in the oil and mining sector in austrailia. has anyone any experience of this type of thing.

does it cost to attend?
    do you have to pay a wee fortune somewhere?

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Herad that alright, missed what time it was at?

I dont think you would have to pay, anyone can go and just throw a few cv's to the companies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

Probably too late now but anyone have any idea of location and time?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Dont worry you missed nothing! The whole thing was a shambles in my opinion.

Firstly there was a €20 charge at the door, so I was then expecting a booklet or brouchere but it was only 1 A4 page of scrap. Then they moved on to there speeches, if you spent 20 minutes on google or the Australia forum on boards you would find out alot of more info.

They then showed a video, it was of big dump trucks and diggers and conveyor belts etc. in the mines and it talked to australians (not previous customers) about life in the mines, I'm sure if you looked the video was plucked from youtube...

Then there second video was worse showing people getting there trades assessed, it was so bad they even stopped it, quote "Not the best of video, I think yas get the point".

Then they ended the seminar and proceeded to one on ones.

Overall it lasted a half an hour! I felt the kind of people there were people who didn't do much research on visas and were very open to these 2 fellas ideas. There was alot of 30+ men there possibily desperate to hear any bulls**t about high wages in the mines.

Overall my impression was they were a job agency looking for a quick buck, In there info sheet it says they charge €1000 for professional fees. Its basically just for a interview with them and then they will find you an employer. No doubt it'll work for some people but I just hate seeing people getting there hopes up.

The companies name was Capital & Enterprise Solutions (C.E.S) There based in (from) Kerry, no website that I can see. They said they had offices in Melbourne ans Sydney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jay Walker

rightyabe wrote: »
    Dont worry you missed nothing! The whole thing was a shambles in my opinion.

Firstly there was a €20 charge at the door, so I was then expecting a booklet or brouchere but it was only 1 A4 page of scrap. Then they moved on to there speeches, if you spent 20 minutes on google or the Australia forum on boards you would find out alot of more info.

They then showed a video, it was of big dump trucks and diggers and conveyor belts etc. in the mines and it talked to australians (not previous customers) about life in the mines, I'm sure if you looked the video was plucked from youtube...

Then there second video was worse showing people getting there trades assessed, it was so bad they even stopped it, quote "Not the best of video, I think yas get the point".

Then they ended the seminar and proceeded to one on ones.

Overall it lasted a half an hour! I felt the kind of people there were people who didn't do much research on visas and were very open to these 2 fellas ideas. There was alot of 30+ men there possibily desperate to hear any bulls**t about high wages in the mines.

Overall my impression was they were a job agency looking for a quick buck, In there info sheet it says they charge €1000 for professional fees. Its basically just for a interview with them and then they will find you an employer. No doubt it'll work for some people but I just hate seeing people getting there hopes up.

The companies name was Capital & Enterprise Solutions (C.E.S) There based in (from) Kerry, no website that I can see. They said they had offices in Melbourne ans Sydney.

Was there myself. Seemed to be an unprofessional approach and like you said, they dont have a website despite claiming to have offices in Melbourne and Sydney. €20 entrance fee was very steep IMO and put alot of people off actually going in.

The only thing that made me feel as if they may be legit was that they said that they would not charge the professional fee (€1000) unless they had actually secured employment for the candidate.

Would be interesting if anyone has any further information on C.E.S (Capital and Enterprise Solutions).

They guy said they had done seminars all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

glad i didn't go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like a scam.

Advertisement