Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM trouble in Argentina?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I'm in Argentina at the moment and I'm having difficulty with my Ulster Bank Visa Debit Card. Banelco won't accept my card and I'm not sure if Link will either.

Has anyone ever had experience in Argentina or likewise countries on this matter?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't think this is UB specific. Google will reveal many, many threads of similar content for others in a similar position from a variety of different banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Hey I didn't have a visa debit while i was there so I'm not sure but the best thing might be to try HSBC, Sandanter or Citibank atms?

All the banks differ in their atms and the more international banks can be better.

Thats if your in BA otherwise I don't know!!!

Also don't forget their is a daily limit in Argentina since the big crash.

I hope you get sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may have difficulty withdrawing more than €100 at a time.

Assuming you haven't been to Argentina before, the computer may have flagged your transaction as suspicious and refused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If the card does not work any where UB may have locked it due to thinking there's a fraud happening. If that's the case call the number on the back of the card and reverse the charge. Otherwise I'd go with main ATM attached to banks and try use a citibank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I'm in Argentina at the moment and I'm having difficulty with my Ulster Bank Visa Debit Card. Banelco won't accept my card and I'm not sure if Link will either.
    In Argie cards with Visa symbols should work in Banelco, and Mastercard in Link. Probably best to ask your bank as others have suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I had no trouble using my AIB Laser card (maestro / link) in B.A - had serious trouble in Brazil however.

Banelco ATMs were fine for me. Def give you bank a call.

Advertisement