Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate and Walnut brownies?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find an epic brownie recipe? Preferably chocolate and walnut. One that gives you proper brownies like :D

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just after eating a warm one of these now, but I changed the recipe a bit, I put in half choc chips and half butterscotch chips, half walnuts and half chopped hazelnuts, and 74% chocolate instead of 39%, they are FAB.

350g/12oz plain chocolate (39%)
    225g/8oz butter
    2 level teaspoons instant coffee
    3 large eggs
    225g/8oz Caster Sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    75g/6oz self raising flour
    175g/6oz chopped walnuts
    225g/8oz plain chocolate chips

Pre heat oven to 190/Fan. Grease 12x9 inch traybake or roasting tin, line the base with baking parchment. Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt slowly with the butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool. Dissolve coffee in hot water.

In another bowl mix together the coffee, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour, walnuts and chocolate chips, then pour the mix into the tin.

Bake in pre heated oven for 40-45 mins or until the brownies have a crusty top. Leave to cool in tin then cut into 24 squares. (I cut them into 12 :p) Store in an airtight container.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That sounds delicious Spadina! I might try them with the 39% chocolate - I hate dark chocolate :). I like the way there's coffee in it! Where did you get butterscotch chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Well that's my Saturday night sorted... :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Faith wrote: »
    That sounds delicious Spadina! I might try them with the 39% chocolate - I hate dark chocolate :). I like the way there's coffee in it! Where did you get butterscotch chips?

Don't use 39%, use some bit higher, like 50%, even if you don't like dark chocolate to eat it is much better to use in baking, I use 75% in all my chocolate cakes and have never had anyone say it's too dark, because milk chocolate just isn't very strong. Coffee always brings out the flavour of chocolate, even just a spoon of it into a recipe is good :)

I got the butterscotch chips in America, my favourite chocolate chips are Nestle Semi Sweet which you can't get here, asked a friend to get some last year and he brought back these too, they are FAB!! Hadn't opened them before today, wish I had, didn't know how awesome they smelled.

Edna don't bake them, come take these from me, I'm gonna eat them all!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Nigellas Every day Brownie recipe is a nice one and easy just add in walnuts as well as the choc.

Wish we could get things like butter scotch chips etc. here we're so deprived hate having to use alternatives like to do a recipe exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Amazon have "Butterscotch morsels" which i imagine are the same thing? Plus they are shipped from america.

Advertisement