Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal rtc spiddal

Options
  • 07-05-2011 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just encountered a fatal road traffic collision on the west side of spiddal village, a diversion is in place via a very bad bog road, road expected to be closed till minimum midday today, expect major delays on this route if passing through, I'd advise drivers to listen to radio updates if travelling early today,

Didn't post this to be bearer of bad news just want to make drivers aware of this situation, mods feel free to delete if inappropriate

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

lezza wrote: »
    Just encountered a fatal road traffic collision on the west side of spiddal village, a diversion is in place via a very bad bog road, road expected to be closed till minimum midday today, expect major delays on this route if passing through, I'd advise drivers to listen to radio updates if travelling early today,

Didn't post this to be bearer of bad news just want to make drivers aware of this situation, mods feel free to delete if inappropriate

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims family

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Just wondering how you know it was a fatal crash? Gards don't usually tell people at the scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kraggy wrote: »
    Just wondering how you know it was a fatal crash? Gards don't usually tell people at the scene.

In an area as rural as Spiddal, where everyone knows each other, news travels very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Seaneh wrote: »
    In an area as rural as Spiddal, where everyone knows each other, news travels very quickly.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/pedestrian-killed-in-galway-road-accident-504101.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Traffic incidents are bound to happen on that stretch, it has a 60kph which is blatantly ignored round the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

another tragic death on that road ;-( RIP.

The speed limit is blatantly ignore along the entire stretch from Barna to Carraroe, unfortunately. :mad:The only thing that would help are speed bumps in the villages, and speed cameras everywhere else...

Seaneh wrote: »

I agree, but the post was made at 5.30 this morning so I thought the incident happened around then too. So, people wouldn't be talking to each other.

However, I'm posting from Korea so the times of posting on the website might be inaccurate. We're 8 hours ahead here.

RichT wrote: »

There was no reports of the accident on Rte, breakingnews.ie, irishtimes.com, independent.ie or galwaynews.ie when I saw the post.

RIP to the man involved and condolences to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭bhur

Seen it on irishtimes, RIP, hope the family may get some comfort from our thoughts and prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Has the man been officially named or do we know if it was a local?
    (Please don't name anyone unless it has been confirmed by the media)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

as siad its a rural area locals knew who it was before the Gardai,

he was named but its not my place to post it on boards

Advertisement