Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Fifa '11 on xbox live

• 07-05-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

How's it going, Lads? Im new to this forum site so be nice.
    Just recently changed from ****ty Eircom broadband to 20mg UPC broadband.

Before when i used to play fifa '11 on xbox live with Eircom, it used to lag constantly during the peek times obviously due to contention and because i lived out in the countryside with ****ty exchange servers!

But then i moved into Limerick, near thomond to be exact and when i got UPC's 20mg, i thought my problems were solved. Unfortunately, for some reason it still lags when i play fifa'11 at peek times (6pm-10pm).

Can anyone tell me what factors to consider for playing online when it lags?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

You'll also need to take into account whether your Xbox is hard wired or is connecting wirelessly, if your NAT is open/closed, ping, and the internet connection of who you are playing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Munster D 187

PenguinMan wrote: »
    You'll also need to take into account whether your Xbox is hard wired or is connecting wirelessly, if your NAT is open/closed, ping, and the internet connection of who you are playing with.

Cheers for the reply, i have a wired connected and my NAT is open

Advertisement