Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Australia

Options
  • 07-05-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I am heading over for 2 weeks mid September.

The cheapest flights I have found so far are around the €1200 mark. Some less and some more. None are less than €1100.

So my question is this. Should I buy now or is there likely to be cheaper deals?
    Having never travelled in that direction I don't know the best options.

I am flexible with dates but looking at Sept 10th to 24th. I was hoping the Sept 10th/11th going over might even be cheaper considering the date.

I have done the usual internet sites like skyscanner, expedia, ebookers, gohop etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Never mind, I just booked it. Might regret it if cheaper deals come along but just in case....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Saruman wrote: »
    Never mind, I just booked it. Might regret it if cheaper deals come along but just in case....

What routing and airline Saruman?

Heading to Paris CDG then KUL then SYD heading out.

Same coming back is KUL to London LHR. Unfortunately I did not notice but I have to change to Gatwick then in just under 3 hours. I reckon it is worth jumping on a BMI or Aer lingus in LHR to get home and skip Gatwick completely.

They layovers are short, a few hours to stretch my legs and get some food at the airport etc.

€1300 and some change and will be another €60 - €70 for the extra heathrow flight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Saruman wrote: »
    Heading to Paris CDG then KUL then SYD heading out.

Same coming back is KUL to London LHR. Unfortunately I did not notice but I have to change to Gatwick then in just under 3 hours. I reckon it is worth jumping on a BMI or Aer lingus in LHR to get home and skip Gatwick completely.

They layovers are short, a few hours to stretch my legs and get some food at the airport etc.

€1300 and some change and will be another €60 - €70 for the extra heathrow flight.

Well you'll pay anything upto €25 for the coach transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick (unless that's included already) and with only three hours all it would take is a crash on the M25 for you to miss your Gatwick flight, so if you can find a cheap LHR-DUB ticket it would be alot less stress and hassle and believe me after a long haul flight into Heathrow that's the last thing anyone would want!

That's what I was thinking. The travel agent I used via Skyscanner called yesterday and I missed them so there might be an issue anyway. will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

your luggage will more than likely be checked through, so you might want to say it to them that you don't intend taking the gatwick/dublin leg so you can collect your luggage in heathrow. you might also get some small refund;)

Good point thanks

Just talked to them there, they were only looking for me to point out the change of airport. No refund for not taking the flight but she did tell me to say when handing over my bags to only check it through to Heathrow.

Advertisement