Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Safety Cameras v Premium

Options
  • 07-05-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to upgrade from the TomTom safety cameras to the premium? I was looking to install the premium on my Go 730 last night and I got distracted and accidentally bought the fixed camera subsription instead. I know that it was my own fault but I am loathe to spend €40 on top of the €30 I have already shelled out. Anyone else done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Speaking of cameras I bought the cameras offer about 2 months ago and it's great for anywhere except Ireland. I expected to have at least the location that the Garda website has for locations of fixed cameras but nope. What a load of you know what. Passed a van in Dungarvan yesterday and no warning. Anyone else this problem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is an issue with them on Via devices. What unit are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mark_b

I have the tomtom XL with the premium speed camera location. I have the same issue have been on to tomtom and they don't seam to care. they want the details of all the locations that are sped enforcement zones. I have given them this information on numerous ocassions.

The garda website with the map of Ireland.

Still not working have drove throguh about 10-15 points and no warning

anyone else on the same problem.

I am on to Tomtom at least once a day and no propper responce.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't know why they are asking you for the locations. They have this information. The alerts are working on other devices.
    Fine on GO1000 & GO1005 . The only one I still have this issue with is Via.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mark_b

so your saying speed locations are working grand on the go live 1000.
    i am using the XL and the zones are wrong will beep for 2 miles before a zone telling you that u are in one then. when u enter it stops beeping and thats where the vans are :(

• Advertisement

I have only seen cameras in about 5 different locations since they were launched. I have always get warnings beforehand.
    Ofcourse I do get lots of alerts where there are no cameras also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

whats happening to my tomtom xl iq routes edition is that the speed camera locations are all in the wrong places:mad:

Advertisement