Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

If you're going to France

• 07-05-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

If you are going to France you should read This Article before you go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Run them over I say! Hangings too good for them :D

Thanks for the warning - heading to France in the summer so I must mount bull bars on the front of the van to protect my lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

i should imagine with the way the french drive there'll be a few more deaths on the roads over there.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

bugsntinas wrote: »
    i should imagine with the way the french drive there'll be a few more deaths on the roads over there.:D:D

In fairness, from my experience, I think most of them drive better than most of us. Coming foul of a couple of members of the Gendarmerie is not a pleasant experience.
    It's rare to see a vehicle on the wrong side of a white line, even if it is 'stuck' behind a MH trundling along at 80 Kmph :o:o and you DON'T cruise along on the outer lanes of motorways/dual carriageways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

niloc1951 wrote: »
    In fairness, from my experience, I think most of them drive better than most of us. Coming foul of a couple of members of the Gendarmerie is not a pleasant experience.
    It's rare to see a vehicle on the wrong side of a white line, even if it is 'stuck' behind a MH trundling along at 80 Kmph :o:o and you DON'T cruise along on the outer lanes of motorways/dual carriageways.

Most drivers on the continent will not overtake on a continious white line, unlike some of our Irish drivers. Always stay clear of the Gendarmerie and the Guarda Civil in Spain. It cost nothing to be polite to them, and if stopped make sure you tell them that you are Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

true on the motorways they are quite good drivers and as said
    are probably better drivers than here.in the towns/cities i've seen different though.a few years back my parents went to paris and witnessed one driver that was blocked in so he drove off down the pavement and another that the cars in front and behind we're too close so they just kept bumping til they had enough room:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

bugsntinas wrote: »
    true on the motorways they are quite good drivers and as said
    are probably better drivers than here.in the towns/cities i've seen different though.a few years back my parents went to paris and witnessed one driver that was blocked in so he drove off down the pavement and another that the cars in front and behind we're too close so they just kept bumping til they had enough room:eek:

That bumping is accepted behaviour in Paris. Next time you get over there have a look at the car's bumpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Im going this summer and i can tell you if anyone Bumps my camper they will be bumping there head all the way to intensive care.
    France would be a lovely country if it wasnt for the French :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

ahem ahem... some French lurkers on Boards motorhomes section if you don't mind :D;)

Paris drivers have a reputation throughout the entire country of France to be deadly.
    I think the French drive well, but can be very agressive/rude when in town. My family are always amazed at how courteous Irish drivers are here, but also how undisciplined (white lines...).

Advertisement