Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn Eelworms!!!

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Howdy does anyone know a way to destroy eelworms? Realised cats were cleaning themselves in my bag of compost and now recently planted seedlings are paying for it:-[

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

destroy the seedlings now if they are infested with eelworm, turn soil and spray with a garlic/water mix, plant aliums, hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you sure they are eelworms? I am not aware that there was any connection between eelworms and cats. Could the compost have been not properly sterilised and what you could see was eelworm infestatiion rather than cat remains. I am not sure that eelworms affect seedlings either. I could be wrong about all the above but it might be worth checking to see what the infestation is.

Advertisement