Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch ideas?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

My little girl is 13 months now, and I'm struggling to feed her at lunch time. Breakfast is no bother, and she eats whatever i eat at dinner. As for lunch, I'm more of a snacker, i dont eat much and I am having difficult finding a variety of things to give her for lunch. Help anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hey!

Lunch is the hardest meal isnt it.

Fruit & Yogurt
    Scrambled Egg
    Omelette
    Cheese on Toast
    Boiled Carrot Sticks (my lady loves these)
    Peas and sweetcorn (my lady also loves these)
    Custard
    Beans on Toast
    Fruit Salad
    Pasta
    A thick homemade soup.
    Fish fingers.
    Left overs from last nights dinner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sweet potato wedges, they are yummy for mammies too.
    cheese/ham sambos.
    Muller rice is a staple food in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Oh I'm having real trouble too! Mostly because Megan will only eat finger foods at the minute.

She's living off turkey, ham, chicken, chopped up spuds, carrotts, peas, cheese, tomatoes, bread/toast and strawberries... lots of strawberries!

Found out today she likes sausages which is great!

She won't eat pasta which is a pain in the bum. We'd eat alot of saucy pasta dishes so the fact that she won't eat them means that I'm having to make separate dinners for her :rolleyes:

Oh well, shouldn't complain! She's eating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

lunch is the hardest meal.
    We usually have pasta, cheese and tuna.
    Sandwiches.
    crackers and cheese.
    Chicken and Apple balls ummm Annabel Karmel recipe so yummy.
    Loads of fruit and yoghurts.
    Omellettes.
    Sausages.

Few of the things the others said.

Advertisement