Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on stretch marks

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I have stretch marks on my biceps and really want to get a tattoo. I fear the stretch marks will fcuk it up. Has anyone ever got a tattoo on skin that has stretch marks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's possible, in the same way that tattooing on scar tissue is possible, but it will still be visible, the skin will look different to the rest of the skin, and it may not hold the ink quite as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

What damo said.

Basically, the success of the tattoo would depend on the type, size and placement of the design and the severity of the stretch marks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

no probs on my bicep when i got it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sadim

good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

I worked in a tattoo studio and saw a lot of people come in wanting a tattoo only for the "cover stretch marks" reason. I've never seen the ink taking to a scar. A stretch mark is a scar and is what it is, damaged skin, you will never get rid of it. If you get the right tattoo it will distract the viewer from them at best, they will still be there.

If you get a detailed design people may not notice the stretch marks but they will still be there (with no ink in them) in my exp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement