Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of building a house right now in rural Ireland

Options
  • 07-05-2011 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

im thinking of building a three bedroom 125 sqr mtr bungalow on my brothers land , planning is already there for a number of years , would like a rough estimation as to what it would cost to build and fully ( modestly ) furnish a house of this size , bear in mind that i would have to drill a well which i reckon will cost around 2 k with pump fitted

would 150 k do it and by it i mean everything including the welcome mat at the front door

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

probably circa 100000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

mari2222 wrote: »
    probably circa 100000.

for everything ive mentioned above , well , fully furnished , the whole shooting gallery

surely it would cost at least a grand per sqr mtr ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

irishh_bob wrote: »
    im thinking of building a three bedroom 125 sqr mtr bungalow on my brothers land , planning is already there for a number of years , would like a rough estimation as to what it would cost to build and fully ( modestly ) furnish a house of this size , bear in mind that i would have to drill a well which i reckon will cost around 2 k with pump fitted

would 150 k do it and by it i mean everything including the welcome mat at the front door

We're almost finished a build at the moment in Wexford. Well and bio-cycle needed too.
    150 SQ m. Buying the furniture the last few months and will have a 1.5 storey garage as well for much less than 150K. Get lots of quotes and dont be afraid to play them off against each other.

And I cant stress enough that you see several examples of their work and talk to the owners in depth.
    I caught a few out trying to pass off their relatives as clients and saying they built their house when they didnt.

If we went wood frame it would have been cheaper again, but the other half wouldnt go for wood framed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

jamesbrond wrote: »
    We're almost finished a build at the moment in Wexford. Well and bio-cycle needed too.
    150 SQ m. Buying the furniture the last few months and will have a 1.5 storey garage as well for much less than 150K. Get lots of quotes and dont be afraid to play them off against each other.

And I cant stress enough that you see several examples of their work and talk to the owners in depth.
    I caught a few out trying to pass off their relatives as clients and saying they built their house when they didnt.

If we went wood frame it would have been cheaper again, but the other half wouldnt go for wood framed.

this is wood frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 pcooney

hey Jamesbond,
    where in wexford you building. Are you going direct labour or builder. Is it possible to let me know what each trade cost and if they are good as am about to start building in wexford.

Thanks,
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

Ballygarret.
    Whole job is being done by a builder for a price.
    Should be finished in about 8 weeks.

I'll send you on his number when he is finished up. Ive had grief with builders before when they got a sniff of another job when almost finished mine. They have a habit of drifting onto the other site before finishing, so im not going to help them contact new clients til they finish mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pcooney

Ballygarret.
    Whole job is being done by a builder for a price.
    Should be finished in about 8 weeks.

I'll send you on his number when he is finished up. Ive had grief with builders before when they got a sniff of another job when almost finished mine. They have a habit of drifting onto the other site before finishing, so im not going to help them contact new clients til they finish mine :)

Understandable.
    Thanks but I need to get started in eight weeks so will need everything organised two 3 weeks beforehand. 90% certain to go direct labour as brother in law can do bits and pieces and so save us here and there. Would have liked to see what builder would have quoted though as ours is 195 sqm. If you change your mind please send it on, otherwise thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 balrog_beag

Hi jamesbrond,
    We are in the middle of finalisng a site outside gorey and plan on building a 150sqm home. Any builders you can recommend would be much appreciated. How much would timberframe have saved in the overall cost?

Advertisement