Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Design Ideas for a team kit

• 07-05-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭

We are in the process of designing a new kit and would welcome ideas-which kit, colours, design, pattern, etc. do you like (preferably post a pic if you can-personally I'd have no idea how to do it). We are not looking to plagerise, just for ideas. The colour scheme is likely to be predominantly black (or maybe white which IMO doesn't work well on shorts-RAAM?) with a strong darkish green.

Thanks

PS. Anyone know how to spell check on this (or spell 'plagerise'') :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

100Suns wrote: »
    The colour scheme is likely to be predominantly black with a strong darkish green.

Thanks

PS. Anyone know how to spell check on this (or spell 'plagerise'') :confused:
    Have a look at the Wonderful Pistachios kit, it's the right colour scheme and the pattern works well. I just picked up a set btw.

As for spell check, is there not a spell check option in your browser settings? If not, upgrade to chrome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Won't work. Contrast.
    If going for British Racing green that is dark enough as a short.
    Try offsetting with White leg bands or grey/silver.

Best black and green combo that I have seen is:
    www.tourdemumster.com/training/2011/catwalk.HTML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is this for Lucan? Why would you change it, you guys have the most awesome kit!

Sounds like you might end up looking a little like a MAD kit copy.

Also, while not one for plagiarizing, I think if you took some design cues from the old ISD kit you would have the foundations for a pretty savage new lucan kit. I hate the white webbing they have on the shorts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is this for Lucan? Why would you change it, you guys have the most awesome kit!.

Nah. It's for an event next year, subject to funds. Main sponsor (when finally, hopefully confirmed) will insist on the green (lighter than British Racing).

Idleater wrote: »
    Have a look at the Wonderful Pistachios kit, it's the right colour scheme and the pattern works well. I just picked up a set btw.

As for spell check, is there not a spell check option in your browser settings? If not, upgrade to chrome :)

Thanks. Saw that kit when they declared for the Ras. Nice.

This iPad thing uses Safari but I can't blame it. However bad it can be, I'm worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Nah. It's for an event next year, subject to funds. Main sponsor (when finally, hopefully confirmed) will insist on the green (lighter than British Racing).

1. Hire expensive talented designer.
    2. Produce brilliant kit.
    3. Donate to Orwell after the event.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Won't work. Contrast.
    If going for British Racing green that is dark enough as a short.
    Try offsetting with White leg bands or grey/silver.

Best black and green combo that I have seen is:
    www.tourdemumster.com/training/2011/catwalk.HTML

Thanks ROK ON. Will bear the Rok Wan :rolleyes: styling tips in mind.

The linky doesn't work BTW but then again, it's probably just me.

Thanks ROK ON. Will bear the Rok Wan :rolleyes: styling tips in mind.

The linky doesn't work BTW but then again, it's probably just me.

ROK Wan, LOL.

http://www.tourdemunster.com/training/2011/catwalk.html

Lumen wrote: »
    1. Hire expensive talented designer.
    2. Produce brilliant kit.
    3. Donate to Orwell after the event.

Maybe a boards design competition?

Maybe Lucan and Orwell shoul swap kit. A few LCRCs Ive spoken to prefer yours (particularly the predominantly black one) and a few Orwells have declared a preference for Lucan's. As for the new kit we're putting together, it will look like neither ....

Daragh (boardsie) did a fantastic job with the boards kit, a process which failed several times due to deep-seated disagreements over the pinkness requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

Maybe a boards design competition?

Maybe Lucan and Orwell shoul swap kit. A few LCRCs Ive spoken to prefer yours (particularly the predominantly black one) and a few Orwells have declared a preference for Lucan's. As for the new kit we're putting together, it will look like neither ....

Let's amalgamate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

The Crunch wrote: »
    Let's amalgamate!

Luc-well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Marble City got a design template off the Carvalho website, some half-wit listened to peoples ideas and and spent far too long colouring it in using ms paint. When design was agreed we sent design to supplier who sent back a professional looking job and hopefully the kit will be the sexiest in the peloton whenit arrives later this month. I think this is similar to how the boards one was done.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Luc-well.

Orwell Wheelers + Lucan CRC -> Orwell CRC.

Seems fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

"The clubs formally known as orwell lcrc"?
    Could make some nice purple gear with some sort of symbol too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fenners99

We recently set up a cycle club and got a new kit designed. I've a few graphic designers working for me which saved the club allot of money. Firstly check with the manufacturer of the kit what styles they can do, then register colours with cycle Ireland. We spent hours designing the kit only to have the manufacturer say we had to use his templates, which took away from the style that we loved! It's still ok but... It could have been a costly excersie for us if we had to pay for it. My advice would be Get professional designers to come up with the style from manufactures templates and not have too many inputs from people;-)
    Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DrGroove

I think these colours work well together as evidenced by the Munster Rugby Away kit ....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

There is club with dark green as their base colour, I thought it was youghl but their site doesn't show it? It really is a smashing looking kit, very classy without showing effort. Its wreaking my head which club it is, kinda reminds me of this

JAGUAR-F1-RACING-JACKET-6.jpg

DrGroove wrote: »
    I think these colours work well together as evidenced by the Munster Rugby Away kit ....

:D

They are Amlin Challenge league standard. We are thinking Heineken Cup standard:D

There is club with dark green as their base colour, I thought it was youghl but their site doesn't show it? It really is a smashing looking kit, very classy without showing effort. Its wreaking my head which club it is, kinda reminds me of this.

Youghal is a nice sky blue as far as I recall.

Can't think of a green base other than Cuchullain.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

They are Amlin Challenge league standard. We are thinking Heineken Cup standard:D

Then you need to look at royal blue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

That's the new Midleton CC kit, Bouldy. Obligatory Boards.ie showing off in the background ;)

227860_207565912607585_167370839960426_644815_1521317_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thats it, thanks Plastik.

Thanks Plastik and wacker-good colour combo alright. Good to see it in the flesh so to speak. Nice design to shorts in particular.

And the red trim works well :D

Advertisement