Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox regions

• 07-05-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

we're moving from ROI to New Zealand later this year and I'll prob bring the Xbox with me as a dvd player at the least.

Does xbox use same regions as DVDs?
    Is there any easy legal (still use xbox live) way around that or is it just easier to sell it here and get a local one?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

New Zealand is region 4 when it comes to DVD, Ireland is region 2. Alot of DVD players will play both as I'm pretty sure they're both PAL, although others will strictly play region 2 and nothing else. I have a New Zealand DVD I'll check and see if it works for ya on the 360. Alas, there isn't any easy way to make your 360 completely region free for DVD, which is a shame.

Gamewise, I think you might be OK but aren't 100% certain. I'm fairly certain they should work for you, I'd recommend picking up a cheap game (although prices in general are a little above the Irish norm) and checking it out when you get over there. I'm close to certain NZ aren't NTSC.

Edit: Darn, DVD I have is cursed 'ALL region' so can't check for you. Sorry bout that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Just from reading the XBox forums, I believe Aus and NZ are Pal so your games would be ok, Any map packs or similar however can be region specific and will cause you problems.

This link gives some info RE the B/Ops pack giving all kinds of problems.
    http://forums.xbox.com/35677497/ShowPost.aspx

Might be just easier, if you can afford it to sell Xbox here and buy a new one. Your current tag, made here I'm guessing may also cause you some grief when trying to buy Microsoft points or Xbox live.

Advertisement