Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Running Track?

• 07-05-2011 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

A question all,

Is it ok to run on the UL track anytime anyday? Or would it be always booked for athletics teams etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It never stopped me. Although for more comfort I used to run around on the pitches surrounding it. Less impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Im just thinking 25 laps would be about 10K eh? Nothing to work out on my brain. Just go round and round. job done.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

They usually have a timetable online for things like bootcamp which use it but once you pay in its no problem.

Ring them if you not too sure but be wary of 5-7pm on weekdays as load of classes etc. on around then that may use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

ulinbac wrote: »
    They usually have a timetable online for things like bootcamp which use it but once you pay in its no problem.

Ring them if you not too sure but be wary of 5-7pm on weekdays as load of classes etc. on around then that may use it.

Outdoor track is free to use anytime afaik!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

What's the indoor track like? Can you pay as you go or do you have to be a member of the gym? Would be handy on wet days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

it was the outdoor track I was on about.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yep, I know, but I was asking about the indoor track for myself, sorry for hijacking your thread! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

Indoor track is fine. It's up above the basketball courts. Kind of a mezzanine floor type thing. U can pay as you go. Outdoor track was rarely busywhen I was out that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

seachto7 wrote: »
    Im just thinking 25 laps would be about 10K eh? Nothing to work out on my brain. Just go round and round. job done.:(

It might not be the case now but they used to have barriers on the inside lanes to keep people on the outer lanes. Presumably to protect the inner lanes from overuse.

So you might have something to work out in your brain!

Advertisement