Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaria jabs?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Am planning on going to a country which is prevalent with malaria, and was wondering what jabs I need, where to get, and how much.

Looking online hasn't helped, and has just led me to believe there is no jab, only treatment tablets.

Any advice would be handy, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There is definitely preventative meassures you can take against Malaria. I always found the Tropical Medical Clinic on Grafton Street very good in recommending what is needed and what might be good to have, and easy to get an appointment. Not the cheapest though! http://www.tmb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

An half decent medical practice will advise for free over the phone ifu ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Hope this isn't construed as medical advice, but as far as I'm aware there is no vaccine for malaria (although hopefully there will be in the near future thanks to research).

There are different kinds of tabs out there, with different guidelines and contraindications, so best as the others said to call up a medical practice.

Advertisement