Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car insurance query

Options
  • 07-05-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭

paid my car insurance over the phone last wednesday, money was taken out of my current account, got my new insurance disks etc in the post thursday. all fine. checked my internet banking where previously the money had been taken from my account , its now back in there. ??? .

will i contact them , or just see it as a slice of luck ? or am i currently uninsured ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Yeah I would in your shoes. They're going to ask for the money back at some point and the last thing you want is for them to cancel the poilicy for non payment.

A policy cancelled for non payment makes it difficult to get insured else where in the future. Says to a prospective insurer that you're not a reliable payer.

Most companies ask this question as part of their assumptions before you can even start filling out/telling them your details:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

2smiggy wrote: »
    or just see it as a slice of luck?
    It's Car Insurance, if it was me I wouldn't take any chances.

You could ring with some query (don't let on about the money being back) and see if they mention it, but I definitely wouldn't just let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i would call and ask them straight out. i'd then note the name of the of the person i spoke to and when.

Advertisement