Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height of Tank

• 07-05-2011 4:04pm
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hello Folks,

perhaps those of you in the know could help me out here.

I want to move the oil tank. At the moment its a turtle tank 3m from boiler and raised 3 ft. I will be moving a new one 12m away and want to know how high I need to put it. If I leave it on the ground as the level there is higher anyway, it would still be about 8 inches higher than boiler. This is the simplest option but will it work? Also the new tank is as high as long which would suggest that thewre would be slightly more downward pressure at the outlet valve. How high does it need to be?

Thanks a lot,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Are you taking the level at the boiler at the floor under the boiler as the oil will enter about 12-16 inches above the floor.. You need the outlet of the tank above the point where the oil enters the burner..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

An alternative would be to fit a tigerloop system, and then it wouldn't matter how high or low the tank was.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

raise it up another foot then would be enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I would not just sit the tank on the ground, especially if it is soil.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

lads, does anyone know the answer or formula to the question?

"How high does it need to be?"

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement