Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMachines EZ 1600 - How to dismantle??

Options
  • 07-05-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I have an eMachines ez1600 PC and i wanted to know how to take it apart in order to upgrade the components (if it is at all possible??)

I've checked the entire machine and I cant see a way of taking off the cover (there are no visible screws or clips holding it all together) and i was just wondering if there is anyone here who would know how to dismantle it??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Those emachines models are notoriously hard to upgrade as the board is screwed into the back of the frame screen. From what I gather they're internally clipped together so it probably needs to be undone the same way a laptop screen is taken out

What is it you want to upgrade anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Ah i see so it's a bit of a nightmare to do??

I was hoping to upgrade anything on it that can be upgraded you know??

I'd like to try make it faster so i suppose bigger memory and a new processor maybe??

And possibly a bigger hard drive, but it'd probably be as easy to just buy an external hard drive and leave it connected to the computer all the time!!

Advertisement