Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Kindle in PC World/Currys

Options
  • 07-05-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone has bought a kindle in PC world or currys? If I buy a Kindle in store will that allow me to purchase books from the UK amazon, rather than being stuck with the US site if I purchased the device online? I went to both PC World and Currys today and asked but unfortunately got two completely different answers to my question. PC World didn't really get what I was saying and said 'Sure you can purchase from the UK site'...while Currys said I would have to purchase from US site. Result: I'm a small bit confused right now!!! Although as the guy in Currys did say that the readers are shipped from USA, I'm guessing I'd be restricted to the US site??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sadim

sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

It's a UK Kindle you'd be buying. You'd tie it to the .co.uk site under the Kindle Management settings on the web site. However you can shift it between the .co.uk and .com sites, again under the Manage My Kindle section of the Amazon web sites.

I bought my Kindle 2 in the USA and moved it to the UK web site. Choice is yours, don't listen to I'll informed high street sales staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KevMacI

Pyongyang wrote: »
    It's a UK Kindle you'd be buying. You'd tie it to the .co.uk site under the Kindle Management settings on the web site. However you can shift it between the .co.uk and .com sites, again under the Manage My Kindle section of the Amazon web sites.

I bought my Kindle 2 in the USA and moved it to the UK web site. Choice is yours, don't listen to I'll informed high street sales staff.

I wrote in the currys forum about problems I had when I bought my Kindle from PC world. The Kindle developed a screen fault within a couple of days. I was told that just by carrying it around in my pocket it could get damaged and they refused to replace it. I contacted Amazon and they immediately organised a replacement, so I know which option I would take when it comes to buying a Kindle.

Advertisement