Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re reg thread

Options
  • 07-05-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Like the spammer notification thread is there a thread for posting people that are possibly reregistered to get around bans etc.

I know there is the report post button but I dont want to be annoying the mods of that forum as they prob have enough to be doing. I remember seeing a thread here with ban stats from various admins. I remember Gordon being the king but I havent seen him in ages.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a thread for that in one of the Mods sub-forums. :)
    Report the suspicious post/s, one of the mods will check it and then pass it on to an Admin to clarify it.

Oh, and Gordon is still #1 in the League of Bastards! :D
    He's just taken a break from adminning though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I reported it allrite but he isnt banned yet.

Pity about Gordon. Prison is a boring read these days. It was better than any comedy show before!!.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A mod flagged it for attention last night. Give it 24-48 hours to be sure.

Silverfish and Tom Dunne are great craic in Prison too!

A mod flagged it for attention last night. Give it 24-48 hours to be sure.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yeah, we're pretty sure you're right Corkie. Cheers for reporting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I reported it allrite but he isnt banned yet.

Pity about Gordon. Prison is a boring read these days. It was better than any comedy show before!!.
    Aww cheers, but as has been said, there are some great threads on Prison these days :)

Can't believe I'm still top of the banlist, typical lazy Admins etc etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, and Gordon is still #1 in the League of Bastards! :D
    He's just taken a break from adminning though. :(

He's just toying with the others. He'll let someone like Beruthiel get close to his score, then BAM! He'll ban a few thousand overnight.

-Chris- wrote: »
    Yeah, we're pretty sure you're right Corkie. Cheers for reporting it.

No bother the rain has me reduced to the armchair and Boards...:)

I still think a thread would be a good idea rather than wasting the forum Mods time with reported posts that are not connected directly with the forum they Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

When I grow up, I want to be like Gordon. I want the inmates to fear me, the women of Boards.ie to adore me and the men of Boards.ie to revere me. And of course Beruthiel to notice me.

Anyway, back on topic - re-regs take a bit more work than spammers. We couldn't be giving them a hint that we are on to them. ;)

Reporting posts is the best way to counteract them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol Sarky, I'd never do such a thing.. /cackle
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    No bother the rain has me reduced to the armchair and Boards...:)

I still think a thread would be a good idea rather than wasting the forum Mods time with reported posts that are not connected directly with the forum they Mod.
    Maybe the signature forum could be used for this as it's a way of contacting Admins in private, why not ask an Admin if this is possible? Otherwise, stating "I think this is a duplicate account of [user]" in a reported post is the best way, as has been mentioned. The thing with either of these methods is that you may not get much in the way of feedback by confirmation or rejection as due to data protection reasons the Admin/Mod will most likely not want to release the info to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    When I grow up, I want to be like Gordon. I want the inmates to fear me, the women of Boards.ie to adore me and the men of Boards.ie to revere me. And of course Beruthiel to notice me.

There's only one Gordon, Tommy!

*swoon*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

That sentence needs the word "forum" in it

Seriously

Advertisement