Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good mtb tyres?

• 07-05-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭

hey guys was out for a xc spin today on my mtb and i came off twice :o im blaming my tyres as both incidents happened because of slippy roots and lack of grip, im currently using these on both front and rear, what would ye suggest i put on both wheels for good grip in the wet muddy and rooty stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Slippy roots tend to be... slippy... Not much you can do to get around that. I use Michelin XC Dry II's, I got the pair (folding also) for €23 on chainreactioncycles also :D

EDIT: The non-tubeless versions of these and they're great in all conditions. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16692

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have the schwalbe racing ralphs i havent come off yet (fingers crossed ) but slippy roots are a prick im always looking ahead for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

An unskilled biker always blames his tyres! :D

Though for my All Mountain bike ill be looking out for a pair of the new Schwalbe Hans Dampf's when they come out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

wet roots will always be slippy, personally i have an ignitor on the back and a Michelin XC marathon or something? on the front. but slippy roots are still slippy. Just keep riding them until you stop falling off, i think you eventually learn what works and what doesnt. You may also want a wide tyre, tyre pressure is also crucial.
    Or as easygoing39 mentioned, go see an expert. you wont regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bloody roots, i was coming down this big rolling drop (a good 8 feet) concentrating on not going over the bars when bang the front wheel just goes from under me :D a small root barely above ground yea fecker. Ah well fool me once shame on me fool me twice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I had the exact same issue today, It's not nice but does make the whole thing more of a challenge. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah we had a lot of people falling today with the weather, but sure its part of the sport :D

Advertisement