Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indian food in or around castleknock/blanch

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

@Memmoch, isn't chicken tikka that you recommend as authentic as chips are to Italian cuisine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 manbearpig

Tried the Tanjore palace in Tyrrelstown yesterday eve with the missus and we were both very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

ThisRegard wrote: »
    @Memmoch, isn't chicken tikka that you recommend as authentic as chips are to Italian cuisine ?

I believe you are referring to 'Chicken Tikka Masala,' which is something I always avoid, regardless of restaurant.

Chicken Tikka(or some variation of it under a different name) as a starter is indeed ubiquitous in most Indian restaurants. Essentially, it's chicken, marinated in spices and yoghurt and cooked in a tandoor oven. You can make Paneer tikka like this as well. Nothing unauthentic about the dish itself to be honest. The one in Shimla is usually of a very high standard I find.

But it's not exactly fine dining if that's what you're looking for. To me, what makes a dish authentic is the flavour rather than the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

manbearpig wrote: »
    Tried the Tanjore palace in Tyrrelstown yesterday eve with the missus and we were both very impressed.

An Indian friend in works said the where supposed to be very good and one of the few place to get Dosas

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭duckworth

Tried the new Pakistani place Okra Green in Castleknock. We went for the early bird, and were not impressed.

The dips for the Poppadoms at the start were the best part - but the rest of the meal was pretty bland. The Main Prawn dish was quite nice, but stay away from the Chicken Tikka Masala here - it was awful - luminous orange, sweet as ice-cream and dried out chicken.

Stick to Jaipur or the Bombay Pantry folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DB01

dehli darbar in clonee village is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

I'm looking for opinions on the best Indian food restraunt in Dublin 15. I know there are 2 in Clonee, 1 in Ongar, Clonsilla and Castleknock.
    Any others?
    Which is best and what offers are there?

I've been to Jaipur in Ongar a few times so would like to try another place, although Jaipur is very good.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've heard good things about the Tanjore Palace in Tyrellstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Check out this recent thread on the same topic http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056261423 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Best Indian IMO in D15 is Bombay Pantry, Ashtown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Memnoch wrote: »
    Shima: Hands down my favorite Indian restaurant in Ireland. Very reasonably priced, great food and most of their dishes have a very authentic feel and distinct flavors unlike many other Indian restaurants where they are all essentially slight variations of the same base curry.

+1 on Shimla, without question the nicest Indian I've had in D15. Very authentic and the staff go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your food.

Advertisement