Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money must networks make from 1 second calls?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

So many times I will phone someone and their phone will be out of coverage or turned off, and it will patch me straight through to their voicemail. As far as I'm aware, when I hang-up I will have been charged the same as if I'd stayed on the line for another 59 seconds, right?

Awful sneaky way to take money off the customer. Do any networks waive the cost of the call if it's <3 seconds or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Most of them charge a connection fee (~€0.09iirc), if you hang up before it goes to voicemail you don't get charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

But you don't know it's going to go to voicemail until it goes to voicemail...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

But you don't know it's going to go to voicemail until it goes to voicemail...

it's generally when the ringing noise stops. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

theteal wrote: »
    it's generally when the ringing noise stops. . .

Hilarious. Apart from the fact that when the ringing noise stops, that's when you've been charged. Not to mention that when the ringing noise stops, it could be them answering the call :rolleyes:

Advertisement