Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Question/Suggestion?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Why is there not a place on the internet where leaving cert students gather and basically study with each other. Like a chatroom where we discuss Eavan Boland and her poetry or various topics in biology and we can take notes from what other people write? Never saw something like it before...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

You could be on to something. Maybe you should set up a website like it and make a small fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I would defintley do it, but have no idea how haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It just wouldn't work for subjects like English. People will be far too informal and it will descend in to a massive group chat that will ultimately achieve nothing but waste people's time. It does work however for foreign languages however. I run a salle de chat for French and everyone who has used it so far has found it very beneficial.

So in short, it's a great idea for foreign languages but not much else unless everyone agrees to be very disciplined.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

You could do it easily with IRC (internet relay chat) but I'm also of the opinion that it would never really work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Taking other people's notes isn't studying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement