Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle etc supplier

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Degsy wrote: »
    Anybody know if they deal with the public?
    I don't, but these guys do: buckets, bottles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

BeerNut wrote: »
    I don't, but these guys do: buckets, bottles.

Already bought from them...they're in the middle of a churning motorway on th' other side of the city whereas these other folks are round the corner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have you tried emailing them Degsy?

just came accross this thread now, am in work and can't access the site to get an email address, if you stick up an email I'll get in touch with them myself, would be great if they did sell to the public. :)

Des wrote: »
    Have you tried emailing them Degsy?

just came accross this thread now, am in work and can't access the site to get an email address, if you stick up an email I'll get in touch with them myself, would be great if they did sell to the public. :)

Hi Des,
    I just came off the phone to them..the 2.4l bottles arent available at that premises but they can order them in quantity..i'm waiting for the girl to get back to me with a unit price and minimum order.

The buckets they have in stock and are available to the public.
    Thier email addy is sales@ashtownpackaging.ie
    Send them an enquiry and hopefully they'll order some of the bottles in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cool - 2.4l is a bit large no?

have they any 500ml ones?

are they glass of plastic? swingtop?

if there's a minimum order of a pretty large amount, I'll go halves with you.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    cool - 2.4l is a bit large no?

have they any 500ml ones?

are they glass of plastic? swingtop?

if there's a minimum order of a pretty large amount, I'll go halves with you.

Nah des they dont seem to have any smaller bottles that look halfway decent..i just liked the cider flagon shapes.
    Was up in sandyford last week but couldnt find alpack..my fault for not writing the address down.
    I need more bottles esepcially for my elderflower chmapagne coming up soon.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

;)Cheers for the alpack packaging post Beernut. I picked up some amber 750ml glass swing tops bottles the other day having been looking for them for a while.

Not too hard to find from the M50, just behind the Beacon Hotel in Sandyford.

Just found out the 30 litre plastic buckets are 6.50 each..gonna get a couple tommorow and fit taps to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

Degsy wrote: »
    Just found out the 30 litre plastic buckets are 6.50 each..gonna get a couple tommorow and fit taps to them.

Let us know how ya do that, sound interesting!

Mashtun wrote: »
    Let us know how ya do that, sound interesting!

There's a special drill bit you can get..its more like a metal tube that cores out the plastic..called a Hole Saw..you want one 1" in diamater.

You then buy a commercialy-bought tap with a washer and fit it in..the ones in mybeerandwine fit the 1" hole perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

I find Tyskie bottles to be really good, 500ml so you only need 40 for a batch, alright beer too, and on sale @ €1.25 in lidl and O briens atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

Devi wrote: »
    I find Tyskie bottles to be really good, 500ml so you only need 40 for a batch, alright beer too, and on sale @ €1.25 in lidl and O briens atm.

Second that they're perfect for the job, i've collected a load of em off mates and am bottling up 22L of lager tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Where is the ashtown place based, couldnt see it on their site.

steinone wrote: »
    Where is the ashtown place based, couldnt see it on their site.

Finglas just beside the roundabout at lidl,on the same side of the road as godfathers pizza.

Advertisement