Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflicting diagnosys for mental illness

Options
  • 07-05-2011 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

OK, just need a bit of advise I've been on anti depressant for the last 1.5 years, over time the mg has increased and I'm currently on 40mg.
    Wasn't really given any support from my hopitals outpatients psychiatric dept apart from seek couselling. I've attended two psychiatric appointments and one of which has been postpond due to hospital request, so the last time I've link in to them is Nov 2010.
    I'm lucky enough to know that I need supports to over come me mental illness which I've actively sort myself, but I'm confused with my diagnosys.
    My doctor informed me that I have depression and referred me to psychiatric services following an assessment I was informed by the pschiatrist I had trait of depression and a personality dissorder.
    I've since had to request an assessment for the CAO, in the report written by the head the psychiatry (of which I haven't seen) wrote that I have and a Mental & Behavioural Disorder secondary to polysubstace abuse with emotional unstable personality traits. Knocked me for six so where to I go from here????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

the only advice you can be given here is to make/bring forward an appointment with your psychiatrist to discuss your diagnosis and treatment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement