Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here doing law in Carlow?

• 07-05-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, if you are im just wondering how ye are sorted for exams in 1st year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 buttie

Kelt,
    I am considering doing this degree myself, is it worth doing?....I understand its a BA in Law rather than a bcl or llb....is it an arts degree or a recognised bcl/llb. The reason i ask is that i have an arts degree but i am interested in going back to do law but dont want to end up with another arts degee. Living in Kilkenny so loaction suits fine which is a big plus...any advice???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Its a great course go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

buttie wrote: »
    Kelt,
    I am considering doing this degree myself, is it worth doing?....I understand its a BA in Law rather than a bcl or llb....is it an arts degree or a recognised bcl/llb. The reason i ask is that i have an arts degree but i am interested in going back to do law but dont want to end up with another arts degee. Living in Kilkenny so loaction suits fine which is a big plus...any advice???

I'm doing the Course and I can tell you it's a fantastic degree. There's no difference in BA Hons and LLB. It's a fully fledged law degree covering all of the main substantive areas. It's fully recognised by the law society of Ireland (Solicitors) and the Bar Council (barristers).

The course itself is fantastic, has great lecturers who are very approachable, and the standard is very high. Not to discourage you but students seeking this degree are examined on some subjects harder than the university students. Eg an additional question on the paper or a prohibition on bringing in statute books. Over all you'd benefit from the smaller class sizes and relationship with your lecturers. The law society in Carlow is very active. It's still quite new but they organise plenty of social events, trips, guest speakers, and moots(Mock Courts).

Advertisement