Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just had someone reverse into me, think it was an insurance setup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

demag wrote: »
    I'm putting in a claim for the numberplate he broke, just to feck up his no claims ( IF he has insurance)

How is your neck feeling now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

probably better not to do that until the whole thing is sorted, dont wan't to ruin any chances...
    Good thinking.

Just email it to me instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

How is your neck feeling now?

we were all thinking it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Demag, delighted for you!!

Totally agree with michael999 and Delancey - keep your powder dry for a while, and give these fvckers enough rope to hang themselves with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Anyone else thinking deportaion a suitable punishment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Well it only happened yesterday.

exactly .. but yet a lot of people here are calling them scum and everyhting else....

i am not saying they wont make a false claim, but for feck sake riddiculous behaviour by a load of keyboard warriors.. at least wait till they do something wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

robtri wrote: »
    exactly .. but yet a lot of people here are calling them scum and everyhting else....

i am not saying they wont make a false claim, but for feck sake riddiculous behaviour by a load of keyboard warriors.. at least wait till they do something wrong...

Yeah, reversing into a parked car for no apparent reason, then having a possy of friends accuse you of rear ending them isn't scummy behavior at all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They already have. They have caused damage to the OPs vehicle.

Yeah, reversing into a parked car for no apparent reason, then having a possy of friends accuse you of rear ending them isn't scummy behavior at all :rolleyes:

so they havent made an official report or claim...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You honestly don't see any issue with the fact they randomly decided to reverse into someone? at all?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wait till 9.01 AM tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

You obviously haven't been following this thread.

You honestly don't see any issue with the fact they randomly decided to reverse into someone? at all?!

no i have a problem with people calling them fecking scumbags for something they havent done yet....

around 5 years ago had a guy on the quays outside st james gate, reverse his car into me at the lights..... he was at fault and it was fine....
    people do make mistakes......

maybe this is another genuine claim or maybe it is not.. if not well then slate them... but at least wait till they do something fraudently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Probably at there embassy getting there statements translated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

no i have a problem with people calling them fecking scumbags for something they havent done yet....

around 5 years ago had a guy on the quays outside st james gate, reverse his car into me at the lights..... he was at fault and it was fine....

maybe this is another genuine claim or maybe it is not.. if not well then slate them... but at least wait till they do something fraudently
    are ya deaf, did ya listen to the clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Read the thread from start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Did you listen to the audio recording??

Em, seriously, go back through this thread and find the recording the OP took. Unless you are 100% insane there is no possible way to explain reversing your car into someone and then thinking that they are at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i do hope these fecks get nailed for this and lose their licenses and what not.

im hoping it works out for the op ... great job you got the cctv there !

i would like to see the video of the incident when it is all sorted... so glad the bar keep gave you the tape !

these dash cams.... i've never bothered with one or even so a point to something like it but this thread is after changing my mind now after a scam as such... for the sake of €50 against a full claim and messing up your insurance and what not i'd gladly install one of these when i get myself a motor !

Good luck OP, i look forward to the result and video and i hope your neck doesn't hurt too much !

• Advertisement

peanuthead wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been following this thread.

if i havent then my bat.. but please feel to point out where i missed them making an official report or claim... please do ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

if i havent then my bat.. but please feel to point out where i missed them making an official report or claim... please do ???
    no one knows if they have or haven't but going on what they said in the clip i'd highly doubt that there wont be a claim made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

*Facepalm*

guil wrote: »
    no one knows if they have or haven't but going on what they said in the clip i'd highly doubt that there wont be a claim made

and i quite agree with you there....

but to this moment in time they havent... but yet they are fecking scumbags...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

wohoo victory! Hopefully the guards can do something about them, if they dont make a claim at least see if theyl follow up on the dangerous driving as others have mentioned already. Good luck!

@robtri... forget about the official claim bit, they reversed into him and claimed he drove into them... that has been proven... so they are in the wrong and lying about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

guil wrote: »

Based on the tone of the dialog, which is threatening towards the op, if they don't make a claim in this case, it will only be because they find some other victim who isn't as alert to what's happening.

• Advertisement

Let me clear it up.

Whether or not they make an official claim or not for what they did does not determine whether or not they are scumbags. The fact that they reversed into him and told him that it was his fault and that "he was gonna pay" does.

TBH if you don't see how that is wrong, I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Don't forget demag, as soon as you get the copy of the vid make 10 copies of it. Just to have.
    And way to go for doing the cops job for them. You should invoice them for the detective work you've done thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

your having a laugh right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

If my understanding of this thread is correct then they've reversed into the OP on purpose - in what world isn't that wrong?

I would recommend castration as a suitable punishment for this.

OP - fair play to you for this, it's amazing to think that there's actually people out there who would actually do something like this. Just for Robtri's sake I'm referring to reversing into the OP in such circumstances as opposed to committing insurance fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

Ive heard this kind of story a few times before and theres a pattern emerging. This is a scam usually carried out by Nigerians who know that if somebody crashes into the back of their car for whatever reason its the person behind who gets the blame.

Normally they brake suddenly for no reason causing the car behind to run into them. Then they make a big scene and put in a claim for damage plus whiplash. Insurance companies are encouraging this by paying out compensation too easily.
    They scam is actually when they pull there hand break lightly so you dont see any break lights and next bang you hit him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

rescue16 wrote: »
    They scam is actually when they pull there hand break lightly so you dont see any break lights and next bang you hit him .
    In fairness brake lights or not if they are lightly braking and you hit them its your own fault for being too near. Unless they jam the handbrake and skid to a stop you should manage to brake

Sir, I thank you for this, I hadn't thought of this till you mentioned it.
    Just been at the pub looking at their CCTV and I would like to say this to the "gentlemen" involved in this scam
    RULE no 1 of scamming.
    MAKE SURE NO CAMERAS CAN SEE YOU
    Gotcha you f*****g scumbags.
    Haven't got a copy of the vid yet, he's going to make me one in the morning.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    You are very welcome I work in the emergency services and I have came accross this scam a few times. Now floor the scum bags !!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In fairness brake lights or not if they are lightly braking and you hit them its your own fault for being too near. Unless they jam the handbrake and skid to a stop you should manage to brake

Absolutely nothing to do with this thread....

Tomebagel wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking deportaion a suitable punishment?
    Ya i was thinking the same thing but i was afraid there might be some people in here that would not like us saying things like that .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Firstly, thankfully demag or the person they were talking to were not injured.
    Secondly, get the copy of the vid and make sure that your insurance company are fully aware of all details including the presence of the vid.
    Thirdly, wait until the other driver (and passengers) lodge claims and then nail them (until they do anything, they won't "suffer" much punishment).
    Lastly, get the vid on youtube once all is done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Sir, I thank you for this, I hadn't thought of this till you mentioned it.
    Just been at the pub looking at their CCTV and I would like to say this to the "gentlemen" involved in this scam
    RULE no 1 of scamming.
    MAKE SURE NO CAMERAS CAN SEE YOU
    Gotcha you f*****g scumbags.
    Haven't got a copy of the vid yet, he's going to make me one in the morning.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Fcuking love when a plan comes together, or should I say when a plan doesn't come together for scumbags.

Well done Op..;)

bryaner wrote: »
    Fcuking love when a plan comes together, or should I say when a plan doesn't come together for scumbags.

Well done Op..;)
    Unfortually in the world we live in now this happens every second of the day somewhere, but it is great to see someone stand up and be counted. We should all take a leaf out of this book and dont leave or beautiful country be ruined by these s*u*b*g* .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I just had a fella reverse into me earlier when I was parked asking for directions off a fella. I was parked in the entrance to an estate facing the road when someone drove past along the road, stopped and reversed into me.(After seeing the CCTV of this, he hadn't driven past, he was parked down the road and came reversing back up the road) As soon as he hit me 2 other fellas and 2 women came up the street and said that I drove into him, they couldn't have even seen him hit me. I called the guards, they did the usual, tax, insurance and licence and said that it was up to the insurance company.
    How can I make sure this tramp doesn't get a claim off me. I have the witness who was at my window talking to me as he hit me but he has 4 "witnesses"

Am I missing something here....why cant you use the CCTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

op you're a legend :)

dixiefly wrote: »
    He did not say he could not use it of course he can what the op said is that he has not got a copy of it yet. And also not to use it until the other people actually make a claim then throw it in there faces .:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dixiefly wrote: »
    I'm guessing you haven't read the rest of the thread. You should, its one of the better ones I've seen on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

OP:

VICTORY for the DECENT MOTORIST

I tip my hat to you sir :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sadim

indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

looks like a great story with a happy ending it is great to see total strangers helping each other out with advice and encouragement make boards.ie all the more worthwhile keep up the good work all you good people:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

OP just a suggestion but with all the evidence etc. some journalists may be interested in running with a story to warn people about this.

You never know and it may help others

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Are you for real lad?
    I was being threatened and intimidated, maybe you might not call it that but when 3 fellas get in your face telling you that "you gonna pay fo' this" I'm going to call that intimidation, at which point I called the Gardai and started recording them. They also tried to intimidate my witness, telling him that he wasn't there ( he was about 2 feet away from both vehicles, standing at my driver's window watching as it happened )and that I just picked him off the street to stick up for me, all the time crowding around us and getting into the personal space of both of us.
    Bleeding heart apologists like you are why these scumbags think they will get away with anything, they probably came from broken homes too and daddy didn't give them enough hugs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

On the off chance that these scumbags read this thread they won't make a claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Thanks for everyone's comments and advice on this.
    I really really want to put this video up on youtube as soon as I get it, but I'll see what the Guards say first, I don't want to harm any case which hopefully come of this.
    Only thing about them trying to make a claim against me is that as soon as I saw the other driver had no insurance disc, I took mine out of the window and the old one behind it was the one they took details from, so he'll be ringing the wrong insurance company, I didn't know at the time I'd have the CCTV to back me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

OP hopefully you can nail them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Can't wait to see what happens next, fair play OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement