Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cassette on a new wheel

• 07-05-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble putting a 105 cassette on new Askiums. I put it on using only the Shimano spacers and there was a bit of play in it. I then found another spacer packed with the skewers but this would not fit over the hub. I went to put it on the outside and I think it will interfere with the last cog.

Where am I going wrong???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

I put aksiums on with 105 cassette recently too, the spacer that comes with the wheels goes on first and then the cassette.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

It didn't seem to fit over the hub, in any case the final space also seemed to be too big to go on just before the lock ring.

I'll have to wait to get a chain whip in any case now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You MUST put on the Mavic spacer that comes with the wheels. It goes on first, hub-side then the Shimano spacer, then the cassette. This is a Mavic peculiarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

I know it might be a bit obvious but if the mavic spacer won't fit on, then flip it around and it will. Just match up the threads.

Advertisement