Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

russian optic окп-7 (OKP-7) ????

• 07-05-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

would anyone know anything about this Russian optic окп-7 ?
    As far as I can gather its real steel designed for the civilian market and a hell of a lot cheaper then a Kobra

Here's a link to a forum but you'll have to translate

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/10/278085.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

seen a few pictures of it but have not seen any for sale yet, will keep an eye open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I found them for sale somewhere in Russia.It didn't really say much and didn't give a price.i sent an email so I might get something back never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Looks quite nice, looks better than the Kobra imo. Let me know what the price you get is if ya can please?

richieffff wrote: »
    Looks quite nice, looks better than the Kobra imo. Let me know what the price you get is if ya can please?
    Iv been rooting though some russian fourms with the last hour or so and from what I can make out there selling from between 5500 RUb (135 euro) and 7000 RUB (175 euro) Thats a hell of a lot cheaper then a kobra and its a real steel product.

damagegt wrote: »
    Iv been rooting though some russian fourms with the last hour or so and from what I can make out there selling from between 5500 RUb (135 euro) and 7000 RUB (175 euro) Thats a hell of a lot cheaper then a kobra and its a real steel product.

Thats a very good price and as its real steel it will be tough as nails. Even the kobra replicas will set you back around 100 quid so even 175 for a rs, I'd go RS anyday

• Advertisement

Ya same here.I found a guy in the uk looking for 130 sterling or a genuine kobra but when I got back to him he changed it to 160.Its still a good price with the exchange rates at the moment but my pockets wont strech that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

richieffff wrote: »
    Thats a very good price and as its real steel it will be tough as nails. Even the kobra replicas will set you back around 100 quid so even 175 for a rs, I'd go RS anyday
    A friend got a real deal kobra a year ago for £60 on ebay... it takes some sleuthing but they can be found...

As for being tough as nails... You seen how exposed the lens is? Thats going to get utterly nailed by bbs... shattered to bits. The metal shield protects it from combat bumbs and scrapes, but generally a round that hits it square on is going to nail the soldier... a bb is just going to upset the out of pocket airsofter... Only one of the two will whine about the lens being weak :P or care :P

Firekitten wrote: »
    A friend got a real deal kobra a year ago for £60 on ebay... it takes some sleuthing but they can be found...

As for being tough as nails... You seen how exposed the lens is? Thats going to get utterly nailed by bbs... shattered to bits. The metal shield protects it from combat bumbs and scrapes, but generally a round that hits it square on is going to nail the soldier... a bb is just going to upset the out of pocket airsofter... Only one of the two will whine about the lens being weak :P or care :P

Surely the lens would be tough enough to survive a bb hitting it? Well I do suppose the real EO-Techs can crack from a bb, so it could well shatter/crack.

60 bucks! Iv been looking well over a year now and 130/160 is the best iv gotten.As for the lens getting smashed,I was thinking the same thing but would it not be the same as a reflex sight ? I cant make out how the lens is held in .Is it free floating or is it set some how into the hood?

oh this doesn't look to promising 4153209.jpg

• Advertisement

damagegt wrote: »
    oh this doesn't look to promising

:( looks fairly weak, deadly design though

It might not be all bad news

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Changes:
    1. stronger. Reflector is made of laminated glass technology.
    2. other electronic component
    3. the use of brand 2-color (red / blue switch and a red-yellow)
    4. Another body
    5. will be available in 2 variants mounting a reflector - a console like in NES-1 and ring in the other sights. So far, only a console.
    6. Graticule became more
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I can't see it living long without a Perspex shield over the front of it. Laminated or not, it's still thin glass versus a high speed projectile. It might take a hit or two, but a stray burst or a lucky strike could make scrap of it.

Ya I think your right.It seems to fragile.I got hold of some contact details of the company that makes them maybe they'll have some other products.My hunt for a russian optic continues.......

If anyone is interested.This Russian site has a lot of optics including latest models.It has the best selection Iv found of small arms optics.

http://www.npzoptics.com/products/

Have a look in day sights and special products/day sights

Advertisement