Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying from house plans

Options
  • 07-05-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi. I bought a house 4 years ago off plans. It was to be a new development with around 150 houses/apartments with a shop and a creche and a playground and ample parking etc. 4 years on there are about 25 houses built, about 5 derelict with no extra parking and no amenities at all. We now have the family we bought the house for and no playground etc to bring them to. Has anyone been in a similar situation anywhere and is there anything that can be done? Last i heard the contractors were out of business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sounds like you bought in one of those infamous ghost estates. Try contacting a local councillor to see what the status of the developer is and what his bond will be used for. You are unlikely to get the playground but finished road surfaces and proper sewage are more immediate priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 leog

thanks will give that a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

You need to seriously harass your county council I'm afraid.One email or phonecall won't cut it....

Advertisement