Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the same messages two or three times

Options
  • 07-05-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I've had an LG GT540 on O2 since December and nearly every text I get, I receive twice - As in I get a message and then two or three minutes later I'll get the same message again. Today is crazy. I've got several texts from four different people today and all of them have come more than once, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it was only the odd glitch but it's an everyday occurence.

Ever happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

There was a glitch somewhere between Meteor and Vodafone a while back but it was sorted pretty quickly, what network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

There was a glitch somewhere between Meteor and Vodafone a while back but it was sorted pretty quickly, what network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

:) Very good.

Sorry OP I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I've had an LG GT540 on O2 since December and nearly every text I get, I receive twice - As in I get a message and then two or three minutes later I'll get the same message again. Today is crazy. I've got several texts from four different people today and all of them have come more than once, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it was only the odd glitch but it's an everyday occurence.

Ever happened to anyone else?

Could be a fualty sim card. How old is your sim card? I get a replacement every year (it's free from a store).

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Could be a fualty sim card. How old is your sim card? I get a replacement every year (it's free from a store).

Yep, these are normally a Sim issue, if the message center doesn't receive a delivery receipt from your sim it will attempt to redeliver the message until it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The SIM is 2 or 3 years old I think, not too sure. I'll bring it into an O2 store today anyway. Am I right in saying they'd be able to transfer all the numbers on my SIM to a new one there and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yes if there's numbers on your sim they can transfer them over for you to the new one

Advertisement