Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Food ?

• 07-05-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

What foods can you feed your dog other than dog food of course ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Rice, pasta, some veg (not onions), meat, fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 blackwolf

andreac wrote: »
    Rice, pasta, some veg (not onions), meat, fish.
    Can they eat raw meat, one website said yes and another said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes raw meat is fine for dogs, if you research the BARF or raw food diet you will get loads of info on it.

If i had the money i would feed a raw food diet for my dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Yes they can eat raw meat no problem at all, but I would suggest you pop it into the freezer for a while, or into a pan of boiling water for a few seconds before feeding, to ensure any bacteria is killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Raw carrots are brilliant cheap and healthy chew treats, you can even give them frozen for mega chewers! Raw chicken wings and legs are also good but always supervise the dog eating them to make sure he doesn't swallow them whole.
    Natural yoghurt is also good as a treat.

Never give a dog cooked bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

My dog loves veg, especially raw carrots and brussel sprouts :D

I never saw anyone get so excited over a brussel sprout, he was a very happy puppy at christmas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭doggiewalker00

The carrots are great to forthier teeth,and much morebetter for them than the treats you buy in the shop.

Mine get a carrot before they got bed everynight they love them!

Advertisement