Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Banks

Options
  • 07-05-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I recently applied to transfer my current account to another bank.

The process was supposed to begin last Tuesday.

Online i'm showing a balance of zero now in both the old account and the new one and i've been in financial limbo since then.

Can anyone advise how long this will take, i'm quite mad , was led to believe it would all be inside 3 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Whats your reason for switching ? I think it takes 1 days but I could be wrong there is some agreement between banks for switching the balance, direct debits, standing orders etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Can take up to five days. If your switching to UB you should have been getting text messages about the switch. Chances are the bank your leaving have taken their time doing there bit.

Contact your new bank and have them chase it up. Lastly check your balance Monday, it may be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

Checking it obsessively and pointlessly since Wednesday.

Leaving AIB for TSB, and not before time. Do not 'Be With AIB'.

Thanks people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Checking it obsessively and pointlessly since Wednesday.

Leaving AIB for TSB, and not before time. Do not 'Be With AIB'.

Thanks people.

Do you mind saying why?

What's the internet banking like with TSB?

Considering moving myself lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I am thinking of leaving also, what sort problems have ye been having ?

I am thinking of going to UB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

hardCopy wrote: »
    Do you mind saying why?

What's the internet banking like with TSB?

Considering moving myself lately.

They are still aying bonuses so out of protest I'm moving but we were advised by financial adviser to move to UB and move savings up north. He reckons AIB and PTSB are not safe secure banks BOI OK. spoke to him before our pension was raided, and for what, to do road improvements which will be done by the councils who will employ existing overpaid employees and not the private sector!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I just feel I need to at least diversify, will maybe keep an account there for payroll etc. Their biggest selling point for me is their Internet Banking which is easier to use than any I've seen in Ireland. Now that they're introducing their new electonic code generator that advantage is gone.

Advertisement