Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccinations

• 07-05-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Where in Meath could I get lower cost dog vaccinations. I took on a really sweet doggie rather than seeing her go to pound, but I really cannot afford the initial vaccinations cost. She 2yrs old and has never been vaccinated. I can afford her food and will start putting by money each week for any unexpected vet visits if only I could just get over this hump...any suggestions? Will be ready for next years boosters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

If the dog hasnt had any vaccinations i really recommend you go to the vet to get the initial ones done so they can check over the dog too. The vaccinations are only around 45-50 euro, sometimes cheaper so maybe you could manage that?

Or what about going to the Blue Cross mobile clinic in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Dog is in A1 condition, the original owner, who has emigrated to Australia, loved her dog but one of those who is really against vaccinations dogs or humans!!
    I a Learner Dog Owner, I was of the belief that the first set of jabs were 2, two weeks apart so guts of €100??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Maybe phone local vets, explain the situation and see how much the vaccinations would be, and if they would let you pay it off a bit at a time?

Initial vaccinations are a couple of weeks apart, but shouldn't cost €100, nowhere near that. However, the charge will include a consultation fee, the vets will want to check the dog is healthy enough to receive the vaccinations, so will (or should!) listen to the heart, take the temperature, check teeth, eyes and ears. It is worth doing, for that yearly check up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Why dont you ring a few vets in your area and ask how much the course will cost.
    You will find that vets will differ in prices so best to give a few a call and see what they charge.

Advertisement